* Interview-Based Review of Flood Models: Jane Albright interviewed 16 creation scientists and leaders for this project. Another 17 declined to be interviewed. Now, Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart interviews Albright, a working professional engineer formerly with the U.S. Navy nuclear engineering program, on her resulting articles about the most prominent flood models.
- The Vapor Canopy Theory (VCT, built on a secular theory and now rejected by the leading creation groups)
- The Hydroplate Theory (HPT, built on the floodwaters coming from just beneath the crust)
- Catastrophic Plate Tectonics (CPT, built on the secular PT model and affirmed by the leading creation groups)
* Enjoy Jane Albright's Series: Right here on RSR...
- albright-flood-series-1-VCT.pdf (see its visibility problem, below)
* RSR's Albright Broadcast Series: Bob and Jane discuss her article series on these three programs:
- Pt. 1: The Vapor Canopy and the Hydroplate Theory (this program, discussing Albright's first two articles)
- Pt. 2: Catastrophic Plate Tectonics (discussing Albright's 3rd article)
- Pt. 3: The Controversy over VCT, CPT, & the HPT (discussing Albright's 4th article)
* Flood Waters Continued Rising from Day 41 to Day 150: The waters for the flood came not from the atmosphere or above it but from "the fountains of the great deep". This explains how the floodwaters could continue to rise for another 110 days after the rain stopped at the end of the fortieth day. Genesis explains that the fountains that flooded the entire earth broke forth within hours. Physics explains why this occurred so rapidly and where this occurred. The crustal crack of the fountains wrapped around the world like the seam on a baseball. Such an event would leave a scar. And of course, the scar from that crack is the globe-encircling 40,000-mile long crack called the mid-oceanic ridge. Essentially, the MOR is the crack below the crack that formed when the weight of the overlying crust was removed, eroded and carried away with the escaping floodwaters. As with isostatic rebound, pressure from gravity forced the mantle to beneath the crack UNFINISHED... Check back later on June 21st...
* Today's Resource: For online resources, go to rsr.org/flood. But to order RSR's #1 best-selling video, just click...
The Global Flood and the Hydroplate Theory
Blu-ray, 2-DVD Set, Stream or HD Download!
Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart presents the scientific evidence for Dr. Walt Brown’s model of the global flood, along with the relevant biblical material. Enyart also discusses Brown's opponents and contrasts both the vapor canopy and catastrophic plate tectonics with the hydroplate theory.
DVD Vol. 1
1. Walt Brown, Creation Leaders, and Scripture
2. Hydroplate Theory & Scientific Evidence
DVD Vol. 2
3. Hydroplates vs. Plate Tectonics
Bonus: Origin of Earth's Radioactivity
The Blu-ray disc contains all parts on one disc. And for now, save $10 with our special introductory pricing which discounts the $50 retail price to $39.99!
* Get the Best Creation Science Book Ever Written: Just click on the cover of the book to purchase it from RSR (which also helps us to continue broadcasting)...
* Hydroplate Theory Observations: From Dr. Brown's book, consider these observations and questions:
- that the continents do not fit together well against each other, as presented in the Pangaea hypothesis, unless you shrink Africa by 30%, and make other unjustified manipulations.
- that the jigsaw shape of the continents does fit well against the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
- what formed the 46,000-mile long Mid-oceanic Ridge?
- that the Atlantic Ocean is relatively shallow, whereas the Pacific is relatively deep.
- what formed the deep Pacific trenches including the 36-thousand foot-deep Marianas Trench.
- that the fountains of the great deep launched the solar system's asteroids and comets.
- that Mars is not the source of Antarctica meteorites, but they were launched from Earth.
- that the debris launched from the Earth beat up the moon, which helps to explain why the near-side has suffered much greater impactors.
- that NASA discovered the earth-like composition of comets, including that they contain olivine, a very common class of Earth minerals, confirming an inherent prediction of Dr. Walt Brown's flood model.
- that NASA found salt on the asteroid Ceres!
* RSR's Global Flood and Hydroplate Theory: Our best-selling flood video is available in full on DVD, Blu-ray, or download for you to add to your own library and to give as a gift. But for your convenience, we have embedded it right here and hope you enjoy it:
* RSR Flood Model Resources including Shared Google Spreadsheets:
- Bible Material Uniquely Supporting Various Flood Models
- Physical Features Requiring Explanation and Flood Models
- HPT Confirmed Predictions here at rsr.org/predictions#walt-brown
- All of Real Science Radio's HPT resources collected over at rsr.org/global-flood.
* Vapor Canopy Theory Visibility Problem: Every gas, at a given pressure and temperature, has an "optical depth" which measures how far or how much light can pass into a gas at a given pressure and temperature. Moses wrote in Genesis that God put, "lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth." So at night, star light had to pass through Earth's entire atmosphere. Yet consider how much water a vapor canopy would need to hold to allow it contribute a significant amount to the flooding of the entire Earth. Claiming that much water could be suspended in such a canopy is to claim almost infinite optical depth for water vapor. However, the thicker and denser the gas, the smaller its optical depth, that is, the less light can pass through it. A gas would have to be completely transparent to have infinite optical depth, and that's simply not the case for water vapor, or for any gas. In 1874 Isaac Newton Vail, who believed the Bible to be mythological, introduced the canopy theory and early supporters included Jehovah Witness founder Charles T. Russell. The early modern creationists widely popularized but later dropped this idea, primarly after Dr. Walt Brown publicized the biblical and physical evidence against it. The Bible mentions first the "fountains of the great deep" (some of which fell down as rain) yet after the first 40 days, the waters continued to rise on the Earth for another 110 days until they covered the mountains. This shows that indeed the primary source for the floodwaters came from below. Also, U.S. Air Force atmospheric simulation software confirmed what Dr. Brown had warned was obvious, that such a canopy would turn the Earth into an impossibly hot terarium, even with only enough vapor to fall as just two inches of rain. So, the early creationists were claiming, against physics and without need, a vapor canopy that would be nearly infinitely transparent. All material attenuates light to some degree. Matter (atoms and molecules) scatter, absorb, and reflect light. No material is perfectly transparent. And that should be obvious to everyone.