* Classic BEL Caller: Bob Enyart airs a caller, Greg from Tulsa, from the ole' BEL Televised Classics and then he discusses the Bible as a criminal justice text book with the death penalty at the heart of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Today's Resource: Have you seen the Government Department at our KGOV Store? We are featuring Bruce Shortt's vitally-important book, The Harsh Truth about Public Schools. And also, check out the classic God's Criminal Justice System seminar, God and the Death Penalty, Live from Las Vegas, and Bob on Drugs DVDs, and our powerhouse Focus on the Strategy resources!
* Justice System is Just-a-System: Our old quote that Bob Enyart repeated at our O.J. Simpson press conference was picked up by The Quote Garden along with other insights about justice from Earl Warren, Learned Hand, Fredrick Bastiat, Justinian I, Aristotle, and these nuggets...
- Robert Frost "A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer"
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. "This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice"
- Bob Enyart "It's no longer a justice system, now it's just a system"
- J. Edgar Hoover "Justice is incidental to law and order"
- Lenny Bruce "In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls"
- African Proverb "Corn can't expect justice from a court composed of chickens"
- Welsh Proverb "The houses of lawyers are roofed with the skins of litigants"
- Ambrose Bierce "Lawsuit: A machine which you go into as a pig and come out of as a sausage"
- H.L. Mencken, Edmund Burke,Henry David Thoreau, Mae West, Bertrand Russell, Marcus Aurelius
- Charles Evans Hughes "The United States is the greatest law factory the world has ever known"
- Tacitus "the more corrupt the republic, the more numerous the laws"
- Lao-Tzu "The greater the number of laws... the more thieves and robbers there will be"
- Frank Zappa "The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced"
- Lord Halifax "If the laws could speak for themselves, they would complain of the lawyers in the first place"
- William Shakespeare "The jury, passing on the prisoner's life, may in the sworn twelve have a thief or two guiltier"
- Will Rogers "We don't give our criminals much punishment, but we sure give 'em plenty of publicity"
- Jonathan Swift "Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through"
- Edmund Burke "It is not what a lawyer tells me I may do; but what humanity, reason, and justice tell me I ought to do"
- The ACLU's evolutionist Clarence Darrow "There is no such thing as justice."
And this: "A trial by jury is justice by committee." - Bob Enyart
* In Memory of an Insightful Political Satirist: Ambrose Bierce, critical of American governance, wrote definitions for legal terms such as:
Accomplice, n. One associated with another in a crime, having guilty knowledge and complicity, such as an attorney who defends a criminal, knowing him guilty. This view of the attorney's position in the matter has not hitherto commanded the assent of attorneys, no one having offered them a fee for assenting.
Appeal, v.t. In law, to put the dice in the box for another throw.
Lawful, adj. Compatible with the will of a judge having jurisdiction.
Lawyer, n. One skilled in circumvention of the law.
Litigation, n. A machine which you go into as a pig, and come out of as a sausage.
Precedent, n. In Law, a previous decision, rule or practice which, in the absence of a definite statute, has whatever force and authority a Judge may choose to give it, thereby greatly simplifying his task of doing as he pleases...
Rope, n. An obsolescent appliance for reminding assassins that they too are mortal. It is put about the neck and remains in place one's whole life long.
Tree, n. A tall vegetable intended by nature to serve as a penal apparatus, though through a miscarriage of justice most trees bear only a negligible fruit, or none at all. When naturally fruited, the tree is a beneficent agency of civilization and an important factor in public morals.
Trial, n. A formal inquiry designed to prove and put upon record the blameless characters of judges, lawyers and jurors.
* Help Boost the White/Enyart Debate to 6,000 Views: On YouTube, the video of the James White vs. Bob Enyart debate on Open Theism is at 5,950 views. Please consider enjoying this theology debate and help it reach the next milestone of 6,000 views! (Coincidentally, the audio of White/Enyart debate is also almost at 6,000 "views"!)
Flashback #1: Court TV interviews Bob Enyart regarding Scott Peterson's death sentence.
Flashback #2: Our BEL AUDIENCE burns OJ Simpson's Hall of Fame Award and Heisman '68 Jersey to call for the installation of a new criminal justice system in America. See KGOV.com/oj.
Flashback #3: Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick as documented at ShadowGov.com and as an editor of the Wall Street Journal wrote, that Bill Clinton's rape of Juanita Broaddrick was an event that "in fact took place." Hear also Bob's worldwide exclusive interview with Juanita Broaddrick and with nurse Norma Rogers, her friend who found Broaddrick wounded and in tears shortly after the assault.