HPT Heat Series Part 2
* The Missile Division Engineer and the Critics: Enyart interviews Bryan Nickel, a mechanical engineer who's spent 18 years in the missile division of a U.S. aerospace firm, about the criticism that Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory would bring catastrophic heat to the Earth's surface during the global flood. The guys address four critics, anti-creationists Glen Kuban and Tony Reed, and fellow young-earthers Danny Faulkner and John Baumgardner.
* RSR to AIG, ICR, CMI, & CRS: ARD melts CPT. Really. The big four groups and their scientists who make up Walt Brown's leading creationist critics mostly support a competing flood model called Catastrophic Plate Tectonics. CPT has its own heat problem with advocates admitting that accelerated radioactive decay would melt the crust and appealing to a miracle as a solution for removing that heat. HPT, in contrast, observes physical processes that remove heat.
* Bio: Dr. Walt Brown received his Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Heat Transfer division in their engineering department while working in MIT's heat transfer lab.
* The Twenty Criticisms: See last week's list of 20 heat criticisms lodged claiming that the events described by Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory would boil the oceans, cook the atmosphere, and melt the crust.
* The Dozen Physics Observations: Bryan and Bob last week then reviewed a list of a 12 physics factors that address the 20 criticisms and on today's program they begin applying those laws of physics beginning with the criticisms that the HPT theory events would overheat the atmosphere. For example, evaluating the heat transfer of the HPT, includes recognizing that a rapidly expanding fluid (liquid, gas, or supercritical water) cools extremely rapidly. On today's program the guys also note the behavior of directed energy and the significance of boundary conditions. Later in this series, they will address that nuclear fusion (a process involved in understanding the origin of Earth's radioactivity) is adiabatic (i.e., heat neutral) when looked at from the perspective of fusing the periodic table's lighter and heavier elements (in the general proportions that they are found in Earth's crust).
* HPT Heat Series: These programs form the eleventh installment in our RSR Answers HPT Objections meta series.
- RSR Answers the Hydroplate Theory Heat Problem rsr.org/heat-1
- RSR Answers the HPT Atmosphere Heat Problem rsr.org/heat-2
- RSR Answers the HPT Atmosphere & Oceans Heat Problem rsr.org/heat-3
- RSR Answers the HPT Crust Heat Problem rsr.org/heat-4
- RSR Answers the HPT Heat Problem Crust Final rsr.org/heat-5
* The Hydroplate Theory Special: You may want to purchase this set of resources if...
- You'd like to read the best creation book ever written and watch its accompanying videos
- You like Real Science Radio and want to help it stay on the air
- You'd like to give the gift of understanding creation and the flood to someone who could really benefit from it.
* The RSR Repository: For all things HPT just click on over to rsr.org/hpt.
* Heat Series Images, Spreadsheets, & Videos: A click on this Google Docs screenshot brings you to our draft version of our HPT Temperatures of the Fountains spreadsheet.
- Adding heat to supercritical water...
- Regarding this stored energy in supercritical water...
- Regarding temperatures under the crust and hypersonic speeds of the fountain...
- Explanation/Example of directed energy and rapid expansion of gases...
- Inertia of atmosphere and how entrained material would act to cool and further protect life within...
* Sunday Update -- Jason Jones Spoke at DBC Today: Thanks Jason, and what a great promo you just put together on Friday for Unplanned...
* Leaving the Theater: See Bob's terrible photo, right, leaving the theater after Unplanned. The MPAA motion picture association is trying to torpedo the anti-abortion film Unplanned by giving it an R rating. (Showing a kidney being removed wouldn't earn a film such a family-audience-killing rating. They know it's a baby! Btw, they also gave an R rating to our friend Dr. Patrick Johnston's film The Reliant starring Kevin Sorbo, Brian Bosworth, Eric Roberts, and the Benham Brothers.) Unplanned tells the incredible story of Abby Johnson's escape from the abortion industry.