* RSR at the Grand Canyon with Walt Brown: Bob Enyart was on assignment with Dr. Walt Brown at the Grand Canyon and other geology sites in the region. Mike Snavely, founder of Mission Imperative, hosted the trip, his annual Southwest Safari (and with his wife Carrie they also host an annual African Safari). See the group's photo, below. Real Science Radio co-host Fred Williams debriefs Bob about the participants, the sites explored, and the lessons learned. See more on the Grand Canyon formation below.
* You May Want To Check Out: Click for...
- RSR's HPT Grand Canyon origin series with Bryan Nickel at rsr.org/gc#series including an interview with Walt
- Bob's Debrief of taking a Glacier geology field trip with Walt
- Learn all about the flood stage called the Compression Event at rsr.org/compression-event
- For online text, see Walt's Grand Canyon chapter in html
- As an online Flip book, click on the Grand Canyon chapter in the Table of Contents
- or click to see if a used copy of the out-of-print 8th Edition is still available!
* Fred's Assignment Not Quite As Fun: "Bob, you got to go on assignment with Walt Brown to the Grand Canyon and for my assignment I was left behind here to read a 450-page college textbook, Prokaryotic Development. That doesn't seem quite fair", said Fred Williams. Fred was reading this college text to see if the authors present any claimed evidence for the evolution of prokaryotes (single-celled organisms, like bacteria, that lack a nucleus). So, look at what he found (and more on page 114, 116, and 117):
* "Evidently Identical" though Allegedly 3.5 Gyr Ago: Also from page 114 of Prokaryotic Development in the section titled Microbial Fossils of the ~3.5-Billion-Year-Old Apex Chert, "Though quite a number of reports of exceedingly ancient 'microfossils' are open to question, such uncertainty does not apply to the fossil microbes of the conglomeratic Apex chert [where] evidence of cell division [is] evidently identical to that of living filamentous prokaryotes."
* Two Lakes Breached: Grand Lake and Hopi Lakes, lifted high by the Colorado Plateau, breached their natural dams, and emptied out removing 2,000 cubic miles of sediment from above the Grand Canyon, and then carved out the 800 cubic miles of the canyon itself.
* Marble Canyon Formed Differently: than the Grand Canyon. Grand Lake poured out removing a massive funnel-shaped slice of earth above the area of Marble Canyon, and with that enormous weight removed, the strata below bowed upward, and the earth cracked, forming Marble Canyon not primarily by rapid erosion (as the Grand Canyon formed), but as a tensile crack. Grand Lake waters flowing southwest beyond Marble Canyon joined with Hopi Lake waters and eroded the Grand Canyon.
* The Massive Side Canyons: of the Grand Canyon mystify geologists, having formed with no apparent water source, as though there are more than a dozen missing Colorado Rivers. Yet the formation of the side canyons is understood easily by realizing that as the Earth was drying out after the Global Flood, the terrain around the canyon was still saturated, with a high water table, the water comprising perhaps one-fifth of the strata by volume. As the breached lake waters carved out the Canyon, subsurface waters carved the side canyons!
* Mesas, Buttes, and Spires: elude explanation until considering the post-flood conditions during their origin. As Grand Lake drained, its water-saturated sub-floor yielded up its waters. As the enormous pressure of the lake waters was removed, the water beneath began to flow upward, as a massive artesian aquifer, now free to flow vertically upward, eroding the lake floor but leaving the islands in the lakes (the areas of greater resistance) relatively unaffected, which islands became buttes and spires.
* Discoverer of Grand Lake: In 1987, Walt Brown discovered Grand Lake, and saw that when Grand Lake breached, it undercut Hopi Lake, and the combined waters carved the Grand Canyon. The explanation of the formation of the canyon had eluded both creationists and uniformitarian geologists. However, as the author of the Hydroplate Theory, Walt Brown has gained insights into the macro-effects of geologic catastrophe, and that experience enabled him to see the simple explanation of the formation of the Grand Canyon! Now, not only can mankind understand the formation of the canyon, but many other seemingly-unrelated geographic features of the American southwest can be understood related directly to the origin of the Grand Canyon, including slot canyons, barbed canyons, and even Petrified Forest National Park!
The Global Flood and the Hydroplate Theory
Blu-ray, 2-DVD Set or HD Download
Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart presents the scientific evidence for Dr. Walt Brown’s model of the global flood, along with the relevant biblical material. Enyart also discusses Brown's opponents and contrasts both the vapor canopy and catastrophic plate tectonics with the hydroplate theory.
DVD Vol. 1
1. Walt Brown, Creation Leaders, and Scripture
2. Hydroplate Theory & Scientific Evidence
DVD Vol. 2
3. Hydroplates vs. Plate Tectonics
Bonus: Origin of Earth's Radioactivity
The Blu-ray disc contains all parts on one disc. And for now, save $10 with our special introductory pricing which discounts the $50 retail price to $39.99!
* Our Favorite Scientist: Here at BEL, Walt Brown is our favorite scientist! He wrote the best-selling book, In the Beginning, about creation, evolution, and the global flood and the solar system! Walt received a Ph.D. from MIT and has taught science at the U.S. Air Force Academy. You can get Dr. Walt Brown's fabulous book by clicking the link or calling us at 800-8Enyart (1-800-836-9278)! By the way, in this photo of the 2017 geology field trip, Mission Imperative's Southwest Safari, Dr. Brown Walt is second from the left in in the fourth row with Bob to Walt and Peggy Brown's right.