Earth Near the Center vs. Geocentrism: Conclusion. (Hear Part 1 at rsr.org/geocentrism.) It's one thing to notice that the most extensive scientific observations ever made seem to place the Earth in a privileged location, apparently even in a galaxy that's virtually in the center of a terrestrially-aligned universe. It's quite another thing to claim, as geocentrists do, that once a day the entire universe, including the planets and our Sun, orbits the Earth. This kind of geocentrism claims that the Earth does not rotate and does not move. If these ideas were true, as geocentrists then admit matter-of-factly, then Neptune speeds around us faster than the speed of light. And if the universe is the size that it is generally believed to be, even by some geocentrists, then the furthest galaxies would be orbiting us at 30 trillion times the speed of light. (See superluminal speed below.) While remaining humble before a God who could, if He wanted to, build such a universe, RSR here rebuts the claim that the Bible and science show that the Earth is stationary.
* Kate Mulgrew Narrated Geocentrism Film: In September 2013, when RSR asked Rick Delano, producer of The Principle, if his movie was about geocentrism, he lead Bob Enyart to believe that it was not but that it was instead evidence against the big bang. That misrepresentation lead RSR to invite scientists and engineers to a special Denver screening of the film for Real Science Radio. We later apologized to the attendees. Today, on the day of the film's Chicago premiere, October 24th, 2014, Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss the scientific and biblical arguments below to rebut the documentary. RSR screened a full-length pre-release version of the film that claimed the Sun (and the universe) orbits around the Earth every 24 hours. The film attempted to mislead the audience into thinking that its geocentrism was supported by:
1) the latest Planck satellite confirmations of the so-called Axis of Evil
2) the narrator, Kate Mulgrew of Star Trek fame, and
3) the scientists interviewed (Lawrence Krauss, George Ellis, Michio Kaku, Max Tegmark, and John Hartnett).
None of these in anyway affirm the film's claim of geocentrism. For the enthusiast though, there's plenty of fun science to learn while refuting geocentrism as we shall see!
Hurricanes, Geostationary Satellites, Rotating Core, Equatorial Bulge, Wobble, Quakes & Rotational Speed: Hurricanes, which churn only the lowest portion of the atmosphere, spin in opposite directions in the northern and southern hemispheres, apparently exhibiting the scientifically demonstrable effect of how gas would flow on a rotating sphere (see below). Also, melted rock within the Earth produces instability, and yet it is the lubrication of the melted rock of the outer core which enables Earth's entire core to rotate at a different rate relative to the mantle and crust. By the laws of physics, a faster rotating core is a predictable result of global tectonic catastrophe (such as we have undergone) in a planet that possessed angular momentum; but starting the core rotating in a body that had no angular momentum is an impossibility beyond the reach of physics (see below). Also, the highest point on Earth, as measured from the center, is not Mt. Everest, but a mountain in Ecuador, because of the 26.5 mile equatorial bulge as more recently measured and as predicted long-ago by Newtonian physics on a rotating sphere. Regarding earthquakes, there is the apparent speeding up of the Earth's rotation, with rotation variability regularly observed and measured using various sophisticated technologies (see below), as well as other understood and measurable factors that speed up and slow down our rotation. Earth's equatorial 1,000 mph rotation and 67,000 mph orbit around the sun are calculable by geostationary satellites and the aberration of starlight (below). Consider too the wobble to the Earth's axis (see below), cyclically affected by annual and other factors, and by earthquakes. The Earth's wobble represents imperfection that initially resulted from earthquakes and global catastrophe, but if geocentrism were true, then God made the entire universe wobble around the earth.
To hear Part 1 and to enjoy the rest of this article, just click on over to rsr.org/evidence-against-geocentrism!
RSR Programming Notes
Nov. 7: Ebola with Dr. Jonathan Sarfati
Nov. 14: The Big Bang with Spike Psarris
and see Spike in person in Denver Friday night Nov. 14 at 7 p.m.
Nov. 21 & 28: RSR's List of Big Bang Predictions That Weren't
Nov. 29: Denver's Global Flood Seminar by Bob Enyart Sat. 9a - 4p
* Get a Real Astronomy Resource: At kgov.com/store you can get the Spike Psarris DVD What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy and Vol. II, Our Created Stars and Galaxies! These are hands down the best astronomy videos ever made! You'll agree, or your money back! And you can also find our own Evidence Against the Big Bang video! Purchasing them from us here at RSR will help us keep our radio show on the air reaching more and more people!
Our Science Department: That's what we call it! Have you browsed through the Science Department in our KGOV Store? Check out especially Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate against a well-known geophysicist and a University of Colorado mathematician who are members of the Denver chapter of Reasons to Believe.
Our Flood Seminar! Consider attending, you just might LOVE it! Saturday, November 29, The Global Flood & Hydroplate Theory Seminar by Bob Enyart from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Denver's historic Brown Palace hotel!