* The Institute for Creation Research and Brian Thomas: ICR and their staff science writer Brian Thomas (masters in biology) have cataloged a wealth of research that undermines the claim that these fresh fossils are millions of years old. Bob Enyart reviews ICR's search of the literature for the many science journals reporting the unexpected discovery of biological material inside of what they assumed would be solid stone fossils. (See also Fresh Fossils Pt. 2)
* Factors that Lead to Tissue Decomposition: The folowing list is based on Brian Thomas' presentation at a Pittsburg creation conference in August 2013. Of the suggestions proposed by evolutionists to explain the apparent contradiction of soft tissue in allegedly million-year-old fossils, Real Science Radio suggests that you do your own scientific analysis, and figure out which of these factors are addressed by the various old-age rescue devices:
- Radioactive decay
- Temperature changes
- Molecular motion
* Three Related Lines of Evidence Shoring Up the Young Earth Interpretation: To complicate matters for old earthers, there is an intersection in the date regarding dinosaur soft tissue, unracemized left-handed amino acids, and short-lived Carbon 14, which must all be explained to understand the true age of fossils. (1) Significant amounts of short-lived 14c is measured in diamonds, dinosaur fossils, natural gas, and coal. (2) There's mostly left-handed amino acids (not yet decayed to a 50/50 right-to-left ratio as should happen in only thousands of years) in chert and dinosaur eggshells. (3) There's flexible and even transparent blood vessels, cells, and even T. rex and hadrosaur DNA (with a half-life of ~521 years) in dinosaur soft tissue fossils. Many such lines of evidence (multiplying as at youngearth.com) undermine the claim by evolutionists that soft tissue can last for hundreds of millions of years, and that the plentiful 14c in "ancient" specimens must come from contamination or neutron capture. This three-fold evidence helps to confirm the young earth interpretation of the data.
* Outdoor Idaho Reports on Fresh Plant Fossils: [Note: Video Removed. We're leaving this here in case anyone in our audience can help find a copy of this. The now disabled link is youtu.be/NGJOrDGPTLk.] An award-winning, long-running Idaho public television nature program reports on Idaho's fresh plant fossils that have not been permineralized.
* Some Handy Fresh Fossils Links:
- RSR's clickable version of ICR's list of peer-reviewed papers reporting biological material
- The fabulous ICR.com/fresh-fossils page of articles by Brian Thomas
- ICR's Acts & Facts fun article, How does a dog smell fossils?
- The web's most comprehensive survey of published papers, RSR's List of Dinosaur Soft Tissue Finds
- Hear next week's conclusion, now online, of this List of Fresh Fossils program.
* Dr. Werner Compliments the RSR Dino Soft Tissue Page: Carl Werner complimented our DinosaurSoftTissue.com urging us to continue pressing the issue. We agree! With God's help, we'll continue to reach thousands of people with the web's most complete catalog of peer-reviewed journal papers confirming the existence of original biological tissue from dinosaurs!
Today’s Resource: Get the fabulous Carl Werner DVD Living Fossils and his great prequel, Evolution: The Grand Experiment! And have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and RSR's blockbuster package called the Hydroplate Theory Special!