* Dr. Giem Takes Bob Back to College: Hear Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart interview Dr. Paul Giem, long-time assistant professor of emergency medicine at Loma Linda University. Having earned a B.A. in chemistry and an M.D., Dr. Giem went on to spend many years researching carbon-14 dating making him highly qualified to grade our RSR Carbon 14 Report!
* Three Related Lines of Evidence Shoring Up the Young Earth Interpretation: The interaction between dinosaur soft tissue, unracemized left-handed amino acids, and Carbon 14 must all be explained to understand the true age of the geologic column. (1) Significant amounts of short-lived 14c is measured in diamonds, dinosaur fossils, natural gas, and coal. (2) There's mostly left-handed amino acids (not yet decayed to a 50/50 right-to-left ratio) in chert and dinosaur eggshells. (3) There's flexible and even transparent blood vessels, cells, and even T. rex and hadrosaur DNA (with a half-life of ~521 years) in dinosaur soft tissue fossils. Many such lines of evidence (multiplying as at youngearth.com) undermine the claim by old-earth geologists that the plentiful 14c in "ancient" specimens must come from contamination or neutron capture, and this evidence helps to confirm the young earth interpretation of the data.
* Since Carbon-14 is EVERYWHERE It Can't Be an Anomaly: Carbon 14 doesn't lie. Yet 14c is everywhere it shouldn't be. Unless from a secondary source, like contamination or neutron capture (described below), anything millions of years old should have NO Carbon-14. However, scientists are consistently finding C-14, as reported in 2011 in the journal PLoS One for an allegedly 80-million year old mosasaur, and as reported elsewhere in natural gas, limestone, fossil wood, coal, oil, graphite, marble, the ten dinosaurs described above, and even in supposedly billion-year-old diamonds. A secondary assumption by old-earth scientists proposes that the C-14 in diamonds (coal, etc.) must have come from N-14 (or C-13, etc.) and neutron capture. Theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss (emphasis on the theoretical) told RSR that 14c in allegedly million-year-old specimens is an "anomaly." However, an anomaly is something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected. Because modern carbon exists in significant quantities, far above the reliability threshold of the AMS labs doing the tests, these results can no longer be called anomalies! It is now expected that organic specimens supposedly millions of years old will yield maximum C-14 ages of only thousands of years!
To see the full RSR Carbon-14 Report that is being graded by Dr. Giem, just click on over to rsr.org/14c.
So, What's the Grade? Dr. Giem graded our original RSR 14c report and so we've now made the corrections. Just click Part 2 to hear the grade that RSR earned from this tough professor. Of course we're hoping that now that we've corrected the report, that it is A+ work providing trustworthy information for our RSR audience! And thank you Dr. Giem for your patience with your students and for your careful research. -Bob Enyart & Fred Williams
* Two RSR Updates: The super-interesting Genesis Firmament of Day 2 topic has been added as a stand-alone video to our YouTube channel...
And for this weekend's stunning news about the latest discoveries by those researching the ancient Antikythera Mechanism, you can check out ten seconds of video at rsr.org/genius#antikythera.
* DBC Snow Closure Notice: At Denver Bible Church we have folks who would climb over mountains to get to church when the doors are open! :) So to keep everyone safe at home Sunday morning (by which time we should get the brunt of this storm) DBC's services are canceled for March 14, 2021, both Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and the worship service at 11:00 a.m. And if you'd like to see a super-interesting Bible topic presented by DBC, please check out The Genesis Firmament of Day 2 just below. May God bless you, Pastor Bob, Denver Bible Church