On today’s broadcast classic, we go back to KGOV.com/BRIDE to hear a message from the late great Bob Enyart detailing the story of God’s marriage, then the divorce of His Bride, Israel. We’ve been holding off on airing today’s Broadcast Classic so that it can align with our Bible study that’s being led by a former Denver Bible Church elder at Agape Kingdom Fellowship. We believe that Lamentations is the certificate of divorce given to Israel, and we are starting a 4 part series about Lamentations tonight (11/28)! We’ll be knocking this out before Christmas!
Bible Study Details:
KGOV Bible Studies, Monday nights, 6 pm, at Agape Kingdom Fellowship!
4085 Independence Ct, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
* Who is the Bride of Christ: Israel or the Body? If we Christians are BOTH the Body of Christ and the Bride of Christ, then by these teachings, do we marry ourselves? Of course not. The question of the Bride of Christ influences many other beliefs that Christians hold, almost subconsciously. The Old Testament says explicitly that God was married to the nation of Israel, and then because she was an unfaithful wife, that God gave to her a certificate of divorce. So, if Christians today are the Bride of Christ, then is Israel God's eternal ex-wife? Are we His second wife? Some say that we are Israel, and if so then are we currently God's estranged wife, looking forward to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb? Or is there a much more biblical and fulfilling scriptural teaching on God's view of His relationship with His covenant peoples?
* Enjoy this PDF excerpt on the Bride from The Plot: Page down in this Bride excerpt PDF of The Plot to the section titled "The Bride and the Groom". And if this encourages and helps you, then please consider getting The Plot in printed form, download, or via audio teachings!
* Related Shows: Bible study is Bob Enyart's passion, it informs his Christian worldview, and drives his on-air message. God created us in His image; He forbade killing the innocent; children are made in His image; abortion is the murder of children; God hates apathy; and Jesus Christ rose from the dead to save those who would believe. Our BEL programs that provide additional perspective and material from which to understand this important Bible topic include:
- 2013 The Bride of Christ: Israel or the Body (this program)
- 2011 Are We Both the Body and the Bride?
- 2011 Are We Part 2
- 2001 The Bride.
Today’s Resource: If you are not familiar with the large amount of biblical material discussing God's two covenant peoples, Israel and the Body of Christ, then you might really enjoy The Plot. Bob Enyart's life's work is based on this observation: Grasping the overview of the Bible is the KEY to its DETAILS. And the "details" are the doctrines that Christians wrestle with. This Bible teaching is available in a soft-cover book titled The Plot or in a downloadable pdf version, and it's also available in an audio recording of Bob's Plot seminars for immediate download or to receive in the mail on an MP3 CD. And have your children or grand kids heard the The Plot Boys yet? In this audio series for young people, Bob and two young boys, Stephen and Josh, teach through an overview of the Bible. The guys present this in a way that kids (and adults) can really understand, so it's a valuable foundation for serious Bible study. Also, please consider ordering the entire Enyart Library! This invaluable resource will benefit your entire family or church, give you gifts and materials to share with friends, and you'll help Bob Enyart Live reach more and more people with a Christian worldview!