Check Your COVID Risk: online at c19check.com!
* The Chosen: Today Bob encourages folks to enjoy The Chosen, the top crowd-funded media project of all time and the first-ever multi-season TV show about the life of Jesus. (Season One is on YouTube so see Episode One anytime, but the sooner, the better!) And like on The Chosen (and in the Bible for that matter), Peter's wife's mother-in-law is healed, but at DBC, one of our mom's niece's mother-in-law has just died. So please join us as we pray for one another and our church family and extended families. Disease and death is tragic but Christians and their loved ones are in no way immune to such realities (and those who claim that miracles save believers from disease are mistaken).
* The Two Former Cops: There's not much more to tell but Bob does share another bit in the saga of the two former-cop brothers-in-law and hopes he's not getting himself into a jam. :)
* Bob Discusses His Early Ministy Outreach: The Apostle Paul realized how awkward it was for him to recount his own success but would do so for the benefit of his hearers, and Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel would do the same. Likewise, and feeling the same extreme awkwardness, Bob shares an account, which we believe is the first time ever shared in the last twenty-nine years on air, that was told to him thirty years ago about his work with Agape Kingdom.
* The Cure vs. the Disease vs. Morality: Then Bob discusses the study in the Journal of Health Economics showing, sadly, that unemployment increases mortality by about 50%. It turns out that a bad economy can significantly increase deaths in many different ways. He then asserts two things. Firstly, that regarding current and future deaths, no one knows yet whether or not the cure (social distancing and shut down) is worse than the disease (COVID-19). And secondly, whether or not more people die from the cure is not the biggerquestion. The first question is whether or not government has authority (as delegated from God, like all its other authority) to intervene in the economy to fight a pandemic. Thinking about that question, Bob states that Judge Andrew Napolitano is wrong in what he wrote last week, that, "the only time government may constitutionally interfere with [our freedom] occurs when one has been fairly convicted by a jury..." That of course is false. Stay tuned...
Today's Resource: God's Principles of Government
Join Bob Enyart as he explores God's Principles of Government. From Against Democracy where we look at the biblical principles related to the idea of majority rule, to a Representative Republic and its similarities with democracy, to a real Alternative to Democracy, to what a Bible-based Constitution actually looks like, after this series, the Scriptures' principles of governance will permeate your thinking like never before! Or your money back. (Really.)
Bob Enyart preaches to an empty church. https://denverbiblechurch.org
- Quarantine Sermon #1: youtu.be/_zZht1JFAj0 (God's antibodies)
- Quarantine Sermon #2: youtu.be/t1Gf2htvgDM (cell animation)
- Quarantine Sermon #3: youtu.be/vJXdYotMdXM (last days?)
- Quarantine Sermon #4: youtu.be/jJgekBSHdEI (resurrection from disease & death)