tumors shrinking or at least stopping their advance for 6 in 10 of 945 advanced stage melanoma patients; and then there's the targeted antibody treatment that cured a lung cancer patient in hospice given two weeks to live. Bob also reports on those treatments already approved by the FDA and lists the dozens of ongoing antibody cancer trials.
* All of our Targeted Antibody Links and Resources: Check out our important Real Science Radio program, RSR Explains Extraordinary Cancer Antibody Treatment, which includes links to important and related web sources, news reports, and RSR programs.
* Other Important RSR Health Programs:
- MRI Inventor Raymond Damadian's MS-Related Discovery (hear Dr. Damadian on RSR!)
- Our CRISP program with Jo Scott, CRISPR Gene Editing Life Saver and Ghoulish Threat (on BEL).
* With CRISPR the Future Has Changed: This astounding technology is both a wonderful tool and a cheap way to unleash unspeakable horror. CRISPR is named for part of a bacteria's defense system identified in 2007 [Correction: on air, Bob gave the wrong year of discovery.] that in 2013 was turned it into a tool for genetic engineering. Here at BEL and Real Science Radio, we've chatted with the inventor of the Gene Gun, Cornell geneticist Dr. John Sanford who is a young-earth creationist and we've interviewed experts and molecular biologists on such technology, and we've reported on the extraordinary results curing Leukemia in patients with advanced stage cancer. So CRISPR is a technology that we will be following. Already, researchers have used CRISPR to reverse mutations that cause blindness; they’ve stopped cancer cells from multiplying; they've helped patients suffering from lung cancer, and they’ve made cells impervious to the AIDS virus, HIV. And of course there are the genetic disorders that scientists will use CRISPR to fight, including Cystic Fibrosis, Down Syndrome, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Sickle-cell disease, and Tay-Sachs. But then there are the CRISPR horrors, making it easier to create human/animal hybrids and designer babies, and it is increasing the demand for living human embryos from fertility clinics to experiment on, and for harvested baby parts from abortion mills. And then there's the possible unintended disasters from genetic engineering gone awry of insects, bacteria, etc. And even the ill-intentioned applications of using CRISPR to create bioweapons including ethnically-targeted weapons such as those that terror groups like ISIS could use to target their ethnic enemies.
* Trials and Success Stories: In 2016, we're living in the beginning days of cancer antibody treatments and as with all medicines, patients are likely to respond with great variability. The following results and ongoing trials though are greatly encouraging:
- Targeted antibody treatment virtually cures hospice patient with advanced lung cancer His oncologist gave this 50-year-old man (in hospice, right) two weeks to live (whatever that means). But Instead, two weeks after being treated with a targeted antibody treatment drug called Nivolumab (aka Opdivo), he had recovered and returned home, even though previously, his lung cancer already had spread to his vocal cords and lymph nodes.
- Antibody treatments already FDA approved: Nivolumab (aka Opdivo), has received approval from the U.S. FDA for various lung, melanoma, head and neck cancers and for renal cell carcinoma and Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- Ongoing antibody Nivolumab trials: Trials for this particular targeted antibody drug include those for various breast and lung cancers including mesothelioma, Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin lymphomas, liver, kidney, esophageal, peritoneal, pancreatic, ovarian, fallopian tube, testicular, colon, urinary tract, prostate, meningioma, stage IV melanoma, and blood cancers including Leukemia, and brain cancers including Glioblastoma, and for juveniles with sarcomas and patients with various tumors including those that are advanced, virus-related, ccRCC and metastatic solid and even rare tumors. Click the trials and approval links above to find the current status of these efforts.
- more links coming...
* Bloomberg Tutorial on CRISPR: Viewer beware. This otherwise educational tutorial not surprisingly includes mention of tiny children as though they were nothing more than products to be harvested.
Today's Resource: Jurassic: Dinosaurs are Young. All of Them, with Trey Smith and Bob Enyart. As YouTube sensation Trey describes our dinosaur soft tissue video:
You will NEVER see Dinosaurs the same. A journey into the genetics of dinosaurs & absolute proof that dinosaurs are YOUNG and lived side-by-side with man.
Documentary by Trey Smith | Bob Enyart
Video includes interviews with:
Mark Armitage (Fired from Cal State for releasing dino genetic data proving dinos are young)
Dr Aaron Judkins (Man vs. Archaeology and Finding Noah)
Dr Walt Brown (HydroPlate Theory)
Dr David Menton (Anatomist from Answers in Genesis)
Belinda LaCoste (Owns 85,000 acre Colorado Dinosaur Rich Ranch)
Jack Horner — Jurassic Park Technical Advisor, a man who 30 yrs ago started the evolution add-on theory that dinosaurs turned into birds <—- which is disproven in this video.
Richard Dawkins close friend and media buddy — the Hard-Core Atheist Lawrence Krauss ..... Who gets slapped around badly, badly, badly with his own science by Bob Enyart in a debate. That alone is worth the watch is worth the watch!