* To Be Absent from the Body is to be Present with the Lord: Some Christians believe in soul sleep, that is, "the dead know nothing," so that when we die, we go into a kind of suspended animation that endures until the resurrection. Most Christians, rather, believe that, as affirmed by many biblical accounts and Bible passages, that when we die we go to be with the Lord!
* About our Ecclesiastes Study: As mentioned on today's program, check out our verse-by-verse Ecclesiastes study! Without a teacher, Christians struggle to make sense of backslidden Solomon's book of Ecclesiastes, which says that All is vanity. What is crooked cannot be made straight. Man has no advantage over animals for all go to one place. Nothing is better than that a man should rejoice in his own works. So I praised the dead more than the living. Yet, better than both is he who has never existed. One good man among a thousand I have found, but a woman among all these I have not found. A man has nothing better under the sun than to eat, drink, and be merry. Drink your wine with a merry heart; for God has already accepted your works.
* About our Song of Songs Study: Bob Enyart's thoughtful and entertaining verse-by-verse study will help you unravel the Ecclesiastes conundrum. And as a bonus, the study comes with Bob's study of another Bible book, the compelling love story of the Song of Songs (also called, less accurately, the Song of Solomon). Like Ecclesiastes, this book too seems perplexing, until that is, one realizes the theatrical literary device in which the Holy Spirit inspired it to be written. For not unlike the first Bible book written, long before the famous dialogues of Socrates, Scripture presents the history in the book of Job in the form of a drama, complete with the characters' lines demarcated. Further, like Ecclesiastes, the Song of Songs does not put Solomon in a good light (as he had become not only a sex-obsessed fornicator but also an open promoter of idolatry). Not surprisingly then, in Song, the young Shulamite woman spurns Solomon, despising a place among his harem of hundreds of wives and concubines. Instead, she remains faithful to her inaccessible true love, who vanishes inexplicably each time they are about to embrace. For her love, symbolic of the Messiah, appears to her only in dream sequences in the short theatrical dialogue of this amazing Bible book. Song illustrates the believer holding fast to love for God, in spite of the lures of the world, regardless of the fact that God cannot be seen or touched.
* This Week on Denver's 7News: Bob Enyart said on 7News to Colorado's ABC audience that Christians who say that the death penalty is immoral are unwittingly accusing God the Father of being unjust, for He required a payment of death to pay for the sin of the world. We thank God for the opportunity to promote the principles of the Gospel on the nightly news! Please also see AmericanRTL.org/death-penalty.
* A Wonderful Endorsement of Bob Enyart's Bible Teaching: Holocaust survivor, messianic rabbi and author Eliezer Urbach described Bob Enyart's life's work, The Plot, which is an overview of the Bible, in this way: "Take this startling journey into truth. So traditional, at each step, everything appears familiar. Yet, as an expert guide revealing new wonders (Mat. 13:52), Bob Enyart brings the Bible to life with often ignored passages." (See The Plot's back cover for this and other wonderful endorsements.) "As the KGOV staff, we'd like to echo Rabbi Urbach's comment, and encourage our listeners to enjoy Bob's many wonderful Bible studies!"
* The Bible Gets Easier to Understand: This book is Bob Enyart's life's work. Apparent contradictions plague many Bible students. In The Plot, Enyart set out to demonstrate how hundreds of such contradictions disappear when the reader applies the big picture of the Bible to its details. Tunnel vision focuses so narrowly on a problem that the solution often lies just out of view. As the pastor of Denver Bible Church, Bob Enyart teaches Christians how to use the whole counsel of God to understand the plot of the Bible and solve biblical mysteries. As with all of our BEL resources, The Plot comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. And as we become proficient in the big picture, that is, the overview of the story of the Bible, then countless details, including as one small example, about the cities of refuge, become increasingly clear!
* The Plot on Audio: Far better than an audio book, for those who prefer to listen (while they walk, job, drive, or work) rather than reading, you can listen to Bob Enyart teach through the fascinating topics in his book in this Plot Audio Set.
* The Plot Boys: For kids ages eleven and up (and their parents :), check out The Plot Boys! Bob Enyart recorded these wonderful programs with two young Bible students, Josh and Stephen, ages 11 and 12, both of whom are being used of God to promote a Christian, biblical worldview! (There's enough material in The Plot Boys for a home-school family to listen to these studies for an entire year's Bible course.
Today's Resource: Please consider getting Bob's life's work: The Plot!
March is BEL Telethon Month
We're at $7,100 of our $25,000 goal. WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please consider one or more of our monthly subscriptions that will not only help support BEL, they will also help to better understand the Bible and equip you to be a better witness to those around you.
One-Time Donation: Anywhere from $5 to $1,000, please click here. Thanks!
Buy a Great BEL Resource: BEL videos, Bible studies, seminars, debates, etc., just click here. Thanks!
Monthly Sermons: Enjoy all of Bob's sermons from the month on Sermon Video DVDs, great also to watch with the family. Or, get these on Sermon Audio CDs which are standard audio Compact Discs that will play on any CD player including the one in your car. Or get them on a single Sermon MP3-CD which will play on an MP3 player, in a DVD player, or in your computer.
Monthly Bible Studies: Enjoy the Scriptures with Bob's Monthly Bible Study DVDs, great too for a small group Bible study. Or get these teachings on a single Monthly Bible Study Audio MP3- CD which will play on an MP3 player, in a DVD player, or in your computer.
Monthly Topical Videos: Coming to your mailbox, you'll get a Monthly Topical DVD to enjoy one of Bob's great videos specially selected to be entertaining and to teach about life from a biblical worldview.
Monthly Best of Bob Shows: Every month our crew selects the eight best BEL shows of the month! For the folks who might have missed some of them, we mail them out on the Best of Bob MP3-CD.
Monthly BEL TV Classics: Enjoy Bob Enyart's timeless, popular TV show delivered to your home on the Monthly BEL TV Classics DVDs with great audio and video clarity thanks to our state-of-the-art mastering from the studio-quality Sony beta tapes to DVD!
Monthly Donation: For folks who just want to make sure that Bob Enyart Live stays on the air, please consider making a pledge in the form of a Monthly Donation.
You can subscribe online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart (303-463-7789).
* Free Gift: When you subscribe to any monthly subscription or monthly donation, or a one-time donation of $50 or more, we will send you as a gift your choice of any BEL video or audio resource from our KGOV Store!