* It's a Two Party System: This audio excerpt from The Simpsons...
- is hysterically funny
- shows that the cartoon has more insight than typical Republican talk show hosts, and
- helps illustrate Bob's point that every four years the Republican Party cycles through a list of fraudulent liberal presidential candidates.
* Which One of These Is Not Like The Other -- John McCain, Bob Dole, Mitt Romney, and George W. Bush: Many people think that of these last four Republican presidential candidates, George W. Bush stands out as the true pro-lifer and Christian. Oops. Consider this, as documented at the G. W. Bush Pro-life Profile:
- The Political Conversion of George W. Bush: Paul Kengor, professor of political science at Grove City College, was interviewed about the political motivation of the religious conversion of George W. Bush. Prof. Kengor as the noted author of God and Ronald Reagan and God and George W. Bush is perhaps the best available source to corroborate the account of Bush's conversion to facilitate his father's presidential campaign. George H. W. entrusted his eldest son with the task of patching up the shaky relationship between H. W. and America's Protestant leaders. So dad appointed George W. as the campaign's liaison to the evangelical community, a task for which it would be politically invaluable for W. himself to convert.
- Secretly Taped G. W. Bush "code words... I've accepted Christ": Longtime Bush family friend and well-connected evangelical Doug Wead secretly recorded more than a dozen conversations with George W. Bush often discussing Bush's faith as it relates to getting the pro-life and Christian vote. At one point Bush quoted Wead's own words back to him: "As you said, there are some code words. There are some proper ways to say things, and some improper ways." He added, "I am going to say that I've accepted Christ into my life." But Bush immediately added of course, "And that's a true statement."
Today's Resource: Have you seen the Government Department at our KGOV Store? We are featuring Bruce Shortt's vitally-important book, The Harsh Truth about Public Schools. And also, check out the classic God's Criminal Justice System seminar, God and the Death Penalty, Live from Las Vegas, and Bob on Drugs DVDs, and our powerhouse Focus on the Strategy resources!