* A Biblical PROOF that GOD IS IN TIME and Experiences Change in Sequence: This excerpt is from Proof from the Bible that God is In Time, an article here at KGOV.com in Bob's Writings:
In the "eternal state" before the foundation of the world God the Son was not also the SON OF MAN; then He "became" flesh as "the Son of Man" and so the Son remains eternally "the Man Jesus Christ." 1 Tim 2:5
Here is a biblical PROOF that GOD IS IN TIME and experiences change in sequence:
In the "eternal state" before the foundation of the world God the Son was not also the SON OF MAN; then He "became" flesh as "the Son of Man" and so the Son remains eternally "the Man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5).
Many theologians reject this proof that God is in time. Why? They claim that their historical-grammatical hermeneutic, that is, their method of interpretation, proves that God is not in time. So let's look at the relationship of God and time.
When Reading "In the Greek" about God and Time, We See that God is:
- in an eternal now,
- not was nor will be but is, and
- has no past
- nor no future.
Of course NOT ONE of these phrases are in the Bible. They're from Plato.
By Greek there, I meant pagan Greek philosophy (and pagan Hinduism, etc.). In contrast, the Bible's Hebrew and Greek terms are TOTALLY different. They all speak of God existing through unending duration and everlasting amounts of time. The above terms are foreign to the student of God's Word, whereas the Bible's terms are all so very familiar from our Scripture reading. Even though typically translated by those who claim that God is outside of time, yet still, the Bible's many descriptions present God as existing in a never-ending sequence of time.
When Reading Your Bible about God and Time, We See that God is:
- Everlasting - From of old - Before ever He had formed the earth - The Ancient of Days - Before the world was - From before the ages of the ages - From ancient times - He continues forever - Immortal - Remains forever - Forever and ever - God’s years - God who is - Alive forevermore - Who was - Who is to come - Always lives - Forever - In the age to come - Continually - God’s years never end - From everlasting to everlasting - From that time forward, even forever - And of His kingdom there will be no end.
None of these biblical descriptions means "timeless." All of it is the opposite of no past and no future. Open Theism claims that the future is open (and not settled) because God is free and eternally creative and will always have new thoughts. The Settled View claims that ALL scripture about God and time is a FIGURE OF SPEECH. But it takes Plato literally. Why? more...
* For More Information: on God and Time and whether the future is settled or open, we invite you to:
- check out our KGOV Store
- call 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278) and talk to us about which of our videos, books, or audio teachings might interest you!
- see online Will's fast-moving Open Theism Debate with Jaltus
- see Bob Enyart's debates with Dr. Larry Bray: Is Calvinism Biblical? and Is the Future Settled or Open?
- see Bob's classic Open Theism Debate with Dr. Samuel Lamerson, D. James Kennedy's professor of New Testament!
Today's Resource: You can watch Bob Enyart's fascinating Open Theism seminar on DVD about whether the future is settled or open! Is God free? Is God creative? Is God able truly to write a new song? Of course God is, free, creative, and able to write a new song. But how do these simple truths relate to the philosophical claim that the future is settled? This Open Theism seminar on DVD will educate and delight you or your money back! Just click on the title, or browse the Video Department in the KGOV store, or call us to order at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278), or send a check for $42.50 (or with this difficult financial crisis we're all living through, send whatever your comfortable spending on this 3-DVD set) to: Bob Enyart Live, PO Box 583, Arvada CO 80001. Also available: Bob's Predestination and Free Will seminar on CD, Bob Debates Calvinism DVD, and Bob's 10-round debate with a D. James Kennedy seminary professor titled Is the Future Settled or Open? also fully available to read for free online!