* Come On, 71% of Colorado Doesn't Know If It Wants Obamacare?
10-6-10 UPDATE: According to a new poll, even 1 in 4 DEMOCRATS want to REPEAL Obamacare. The evidence is growing that the Denver Post perpetrated a fraud on Colorado voters trying to rob the momentum of conservatives in 2010 for life, and against borrowing, taxing, and Obamacare
* Come on Denver Post. Get real: The Denver Post commissions the most absurd poll in memory. With less than a month till election day, the paper actually asks their readers to believe that 71% of Coloradans don't know whether or not they want Obamacare forced on them? Right. In the Denver Post poll on Amendments 60, 61, 62, and 63, reporter Tim Hoover says that even he doesn't know the wording of the questions in the survey, but according to the paper's own report, those surveyed were asked how they would vote, for example, "On Amendment 63 ... about health care." Huh? Didn't they tell people that by voting yes on Amendment 63 Colorado would be rejecting Obamacare? What? Did the Post fear that the nationwide tidal wave of anti-Obama, anti-tax and spend, anti-liberal, sentiment would result in positive polling on the four conservative amendments? So did the Post interrupted folks, asked them how would they vote on health care, defining a person, property taxes, and borrowing, without telling those surveyed what the amendments themselves stood for? Was this a massive con job on the people of Colorado by the Denver Post? Consider this. In this year of extreme widespread anger against tax and spend policies, the highest negatives of the four amendments went to 61 and 61, with 48% and 49% respectively, saying that they would vote no, on what? On "property taxes" and "borrowing." Perhaps the Post actually told people that those amendments were for LOWERING taxes and for REDUCING borrowing. But maybe not. Maybe it was a con job. With 60 & 61, the undecided votes were lowest, perhaps because when asked if you'd vote Yes or No on Taxes, and Borrowing, a lot of people today would instinctively say that they were voting NO! On 62 and 63, the undecided votes were incredibly high, at 50% and 71%, within a month of the election, which is unheard of on topics as long-argued as abortion and Obamacare. At least the personhood Amendment 62 received the highest Yes vote of all four amendments and a full 50% higher than the Yes votes for John Caldera's (Independence Institute's) anti-Obamacare Amendment 63.
* Loveland Colorado's Official Tax-Subsidized Religious Bigotry:
* 10-5-10: UPDATE: Loveland residents attending tonight's city council meeting report to KGOV that in fact the "Romantic Cannibals" exhibit does have an element offensive to Muslims, depicting Mohammad watching two bikini-clad pigs dancing. Now back to our original report from 10-4-10:
The city's Loveland Museum is displaying blasphemous artwork, using tax dollars from Governor Bill Ritter no less, portraying Jesus in a filthy, sexually perverse way. The director of the museum told Bob Enyart Live that the rumors that they were also portraying Mohammad as a homosexual were not true. In fact, director Susan Ison said that the following reports was fictitious and absolutely, "not accurate." KGOV producers now agree and have confirmed this:
* Loveland Museum Now Portraying Mohammad as a Homosexual
October 4, 2010
LOVELAND, Colorado (KGOV.com) - A controversial work blending religious iconography and modern imagery is hanging in Colorado's Loveland Museum graphically depicting Mohammad having homosexual sex. Loveland's cultural services director, Susan Ison, defends the work saying, "I think people need to come in and see it for themselves. It is hard to take one piece in isolation," she adds. "It is in the context of an exhibit, and this one particular piece is not a stand-alone piece."
Bud Shark, who assembled the exhibit, stated: "I was surprised at how willing the Loveland Museum Gallery was to depict Mohammad too in a way that is being called obscene and pornographic." News accounts have previously reported that the exhibit, Romantic Cannibals, presented Jesus Christ in a manner that "some" found offensive. Now, regarding the museum's presentation of the prophet of Islam, Curator of Art Maureen Corey said, "Blasphemy against the Christian symbols is now commonplace but our museum showing Mohammad on the receiving end of a homosexual act, that's sure to stir debate." Corey was recently reported thanking Governor Bill Ritter for the generous grant to the museum that he made possible through Colorado's Creative Industries.
* Thanks for Helping with Our Telethon: Thank you to the 77 families who pledged $20 a month to help keep BEL online for another year! Thank you guys so very, very much. Your giving is vital to our continued outreach, and so greatly appreciated.
* Join a Weekly Literature Drop! with Bob Enyart or with another pro-life leader, or arrange a weekly lit drop in your own town ! See the details!
* Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine!