* Bob Preps the Audience: for next week's program with Kevin Lea on:
- Why ancient cultures used a 360-day calendar?
- Why early mathematicians divided a circle into 360 degrees?
- Why the Earth's rotation sped up from 360 to 365 days per year?
- Why is there so much liquid rock in the earth?
- Why are there 40,000 volcanoes in the Pacific rather than in the Atlantic?
- Why are so many ocean trenches in the Pacific and not in the Atlantic?
- Why does the center of the Pacific trenches lie opposite of the Mid-Atlantic ridge?
- Why GPS shows that the crust does not move as predicted by plate tectonics?
- Why are there so many earthquakes away from plate boundaries?
Today's program was a dry run on the above topics. So tune in Friday August 6th for a Real Science Radio program to discuss the above questions with the pastor of Calvary Church in Port Orchard, Washington, Kevin Lea, a graduate of the Naval Nuclear Power program who later worked in the nuclear engineering department of the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Bob Enyart loves talking about science with Kevin, and if you enjoy the creation-evolution debate, you'll probably really enjoy this upcoming program!
* Other Real Science Radio Programs:
- BEL's PZ Myers Trochlea Challenge (since PZ blogged on Bob Enyart this summer)
- BEL's famous List of Not-So-Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist British author James Hannam
* Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine!