* Tragedy in Detroit:A daughter is killed, a father is broken, and a cop is scarred for life as the tragedy of an insatiable tolerance for violence on behalf of our political leaders leaves the nation face down in a pool of our children’s blood. Guest host Doug McBurney asks, “how long will God’s church, the Body of Christ allow justice to be perverted”.
* Supreme Idiocy:So the American Supreme Court finds itself so confused about justice today that they’ve deposited upon the dung heap of jurisprudence a ruling proclaiming that sexually dangerous criminals can be kept in prison even after their sentence has been served. If only they understood what God has to say about justice they wouldn’t have to make such fools of themselves. Note to believers: please send them a letter, since it is you who actually possess an understanding of right and wrong. Perhaps we can help them avoid such foolishness in the future.
* The Latest Generation:Both Bubba Bill Jeff Clinton and First Lady Michelle (M.O.) Obama gave commencement speeches reminding all the “Obama-Jugend” that theirs is the generation that will be called upon like no other to solve the problems of inequality, instability, and unsustainability. And while platitudes and inanity are the order of the day at modern commencement addresses, these poor graduates now march forward into history with an inflated sense of importance, exceeded only by their lack of education.
* Farewell to Honest John:Meanwhile, Walker “Bud” Mahurin has passed away. Bud represented his generation in a manner that one might consider “above average”, but it was nothing he would have called “extraordinary”. But then Bud and his generation didn’t face the terror of unsustainable farming methods and global climate change, (they just had Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Kim Il Sung to deal with). Oh, for the good ‘ole days!
* Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? Or will you stay in your comfort zone? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.
* Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!