* Rerun: Snowstorm in Denver.
* Ironically, Rush Limbaugh Gets Had: A couple weeks after Rush was the victim of the media reporting phony quotes, today Limbaugh himself quoted a fabricated excerpt from a never-released Obama thesis. Later in the show Rush realized the story was satire, but not until after Limbaugh had said:
This has surfaced just today. "Obama and the Constitution: He Has His Doubts." Michael Ledeen: "I missed this first time around. Brian Lancaster at Jumping in Pools reported on Obama's college thesis, written when he was at Columbia. The paper was called 'Aristocracy Reborn,' and in the first ten pages (which were all that reporter Joe Klein -- who wrote about it for Time -- was permitted to see), the young Obama wrote: '[T]he Constitution allows for many things, but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. "'While many believed that the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy.'" I don't care that it's just now surfacing, but they kept it suppressed until now, but here it is showing up. So "the so-called Founders..."
* In A Related Story, Bob Gets a Letter from a Prophet: Today, prophecy is cheap. Anybody, including the guy who just wrote a letter to Bob, can claim to have a word from God, and there are no real consequences. In the good ole’ days of the real prophets, a counterfeit one faced the death penalty.
Remember Jean Dixon? Nowadays fortune tellers make guesses about current events and try to pass them off as actual either a kind of New Age prophecy, or worse, as biblical prophecy as in Thus Saith the Lord. In the military, to impersonate an officer is a serious crime, and so it should be. In the Bible, if a prophet presumes to speak for God, and speaks a word that God had not authorized, the Lord takes that VERY seriously, declares that person a false prophet, and commands the death penalty for that person.
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And if you say in your heart, "How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?"; when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously… Deut. 18:20-22
Yes, God imposed this death penalty for Israel in the context of their special national covenant relationship with Him. Yet, the principle here shows how angry God becomes with those who misrepresent Him. Self-proclaimed Christian "prophets" seem unaware of God's take on prophecies that do not come to pass. Many "prophets," as though they were writing a marketing plan or a prospectus for investors, give ambiguous and vague prophecies.
* Join Steve Curtis and Bob on Saturday! Come to Denver's Life Commercials Banquet! Steve Curtis, of Ten Minutes Till Midnight and American RTL, is hosting the LifeCommercials banquet on Saturday, October 24th at 6 p.m. at the Doubletree Hotel in Westminster Colorado. See Steve's flyer for details, and if you can, click here to register now for the $55-a-plate extraordinary event. If you'd like to get a 15% discount (for one ticket or a table of ten!), then call Colorado RTL for their special 15% discount (available only through CRTL!). And if you'd like to sit at the Bob Enyart Live table, call 1-800-8Enyart, just indicate that when you get your tickets! Also, Ten Minutes author Lee Martin will be there to sign books!
* Help Personhood Efforts Get Signatures: First-time listener Tammy suggests we get pro-life signatures at tonight's K-LOVE concert in Denver, and thanks to Tammy's idea, two Colorado RTL members headed right out to get signatures! Thanks to all theree of you!
And if you live in Colorado, could you help circulate the Personhood Colorado & CRTL 2010 petition? We need your help! If you live in any other state, can you help to advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways?
Today’s Resource: Enjoy listening to Bob Enyart’s Bible study on miracles and healing titled Details Galore! Did you realize that men often react negatively to displays of God’s power? The ten plagues in Egypt, the forty years of miracles in the wilderness, and Christ’s wonders in Chorazin, Bethsaida, and Capernaum all left onlookers in a state of unbelief. Bob's study on CD, Details Galore, analyzes the scriptural material on this aspect of human behavior by evaluating every single miracle listed in the Bible! Also, you can read this same analysis in Bob’s life’s work, the best-selling book, The Plot!