* Bob and Doug Wake Up a Guy Sleeping in the Studio: Constantly on the road, working 19-hour-day, seven-day weeks, Bob Enyart and Doug McBurney wake up Keith Mason of Personhood USA to update us, just on what's happened over the last weekend! Take a deep breath
* Join Keith Mason, Steve Curtis and Bob on Saturday! Come to Denver's Life Commercials Banquet! Steve Curtis, of Ten Minutes Till Midnight and American RTL, is hosting the LifeCommercials banquet on Saturday, October 24th at 6 p.m. at the Doubletree Hotel in Westminster Colorado. See Steve's flyer for details, and if you can, click here to register now for the $55-a-plate extraordinary event. If you'd like to get a 15% discount (for one ticket or a table of ten!), then call Colorado RTL for their special 15% discount (available only through CRTL!). And if you'd like to sit at the Bob Enyart Live table, call 1-800-8Enyart, just indicate that when you get your tickets! Also, Ten Minutes author Lee Martin will be there to sign books!
* A Bad Day Getting A Homosexual Fired Is… CW AFFILIATE 40/29 TV NEWS DIRECTOR SEX CHARGE UPDATE, 10-20-2009: The Hearst Corporation is reporting that Mike Courington is no longer the news director at their KHBS/KHOG properties and when asked the receptionist says, "Mr. Courington is no longer with our station."
And here's Oct. 8th's BEL show summary:
Today's show starts with a replay of the 3-minute call to Robin in the newsroom at Arkansas' KHBS/KHOG 40/29 TV. According to a local viewer who contacted BEL, after calling 40/29 today, he related the same information to the same newsroom editor, and then the caller asked, "Have you ever heard this before?" and was told, "No." The source added that Robin then told the viewer that the story must be a rumour and was not true. BEL called Robbie the truck driver for an update and he reported that even though he was subpoenaed to testify, and even though the media has his contact information, not a single local or statewide media outlet has contacted him, the complaining witness, to investigate the story. Possibly, those working within the mainstream media want to grant each other immunity from public exposure of their own indecent public exposure.
Sex Act Charge for 40/29's Mike Courington
* The CW's Truck Stop Pervert Already on Police Radar: Masturbating in Public – An unfortunate trucker witnessed a crime committed by a local news editor, a Fort Smith, Arkansas journalist, who performed a public sex act. After phoning 911 and then being subpoenaed to testify, the trucker phoned Bob Enyart and Doug McBurney on Denver's 50,000-watt AM 670 KLTT. This Arkansas truck driver probably called us (begins at 7 minutes in) because our afternoon drive program Bob Enyart Live is known around the country and among truckers for opposing plea bargains and for exposing judges and prosecutors who help criminals sweep their crimes, especially sex crimes, under the rug. Robbie from Arkansas was the complaining witness against The CW network affiliate 40/29 TV (CBS/Warner) news director Mike Courington for masturbating in public at the Tobo's 66 truck stop at Exit 58 on I-540 just south of Fayetteville.
Greenland Arkansas Authorities Charged 40/29 TV's Michael Courington for Sex Act. Police told the trucker that they had police car dash cam video of Mike Courington from his previous suspicious behavior when he was being told to leave the property. This time, after the trucker wrote down Courington's license plate number and being a willing complaining witness, Courington received three charges from the prosecutor:
-public disturbance/disorderly conduct, and
-indecent exposure with intent...
And here's Oct. 7th's BEL show summary:
On Sept. 30 the Trucker was Subpoenaed to Testify but on Oct. 6 when he called the Greenland prosecutor he was told that Courington had plea bargained down to obstructed windshields, or uhhh was it... actually, disorderly conduct, yes, disorderly conduct, and Courington was sentenced to 90 days in jail with work release.
A Call to Courington's Own Station and News Department (begins at 19 minutes in) at the Hearst Corporation's 40/29 KHBS/KHOG to Robin in the newsroom shows that they were unaware of the incidents. BEL reported this crime also to other local news outlets including ArkansasOnline.com. (Oct. 8 Update: By phone today Robin told an Arakansas viewer that the story about Courington is just a rumor and is not true.)
* USA Today Today Vindicates BEL Policy: USA Today today reports a major decrease in the crime of rape while, thankfully, reporting seems to have risen, all because of the forensic value of DNA evidence. For more than a decade, host Bob Enyart has been calling for a comprehensive National DNA database and most recently during an interview with presidential candidate and U.S. Congressman Tom Tancredo urged a policy of DNA swabs for everyone entering the United States.
Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!