* $33,050 of $40,000 Telethon Goal: Please help and pray and please call 1-800-8Enyart!
* Boston Globe, WorldNetDaily: Media reports document the nationwide growth of the personhood movement!
On WND.com Jill Stanek writes: "A star-studded pro-life line-up – Lila Rose, Judie Brown, Pastor Walter Hoye, and "Bella" movie producers Jason Jones and Leo Severino – announced the launch of the California… Human Rights Amendment… In other words, we have here another personhood initiative. … [which] would 'recognize the inherent human rights… of all human beings from the beginning of their biological development." Stanek, the pro-life blogger of record, then chronicled recently introduced personhood amendments (California, Colorado, Montana, Florida, Missouri, Mississippi, & Oregon) and pending personhood bills (Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana & Texas) and she quotes the LA Times about the " alarmed supporters of legal abortion."
After mentioning that some lawyers oppose personhood saying "the time isn't right," Stanek explain her support for personhood: "because it goes totally against my grain to expend energy undercutting fellow pro-lifers' efforts (aside from flakes), and because it's never wrong to do the right thing, and because a ratified personhood state amendment or statute would be a good problem to have, and because I think public education is critical, I support personhood initiatives." Thus as Stanek concluded, "the personhood movement has quickly grown too big to contain."
In the BostonGlobe today: "Abortion foes try to establish legal ‘personhood’ for fetuses: Push to get issue on ballots across nation next year. Abortion foes, tired of a profusion of laws that limit but do not abolish abortion, are trying to answer the question in a way that they hope could put an end to legalized abortion. Across the country, they have revived failed efforts to amend state constitutions to declare that “personhood’’ - and all rights accorded human beings - begins at conception.
* A Lesbian Sued a Christian Doctor: and won a settlement claiming that homosexuals were determined to force themselves on others and that they reject the notion that people should be allowed freedom of conscience, freedom of association, freedom of religion. Nothing new there.
* Please Help With Our KGOV Telethon! Thank you! We've reached $33,050 of our $40,000 goal! We're in the final hours! Please call or go online to help meet our goal! The greatest way to help keep BEL broadcasting online and reaching more people is to sign up to automatically give monthly, or sign up for a monthly BEL DVD subscription service, a monthly Bible Study album or Bob's Sermons subscription. If you subscribe or give monthly, we multiply the amount you give times ten toward the telethon goal! (So a $24.99 subscription or automatic monthly donation brings $250 toward our $40,000 telethon goal!) Also of course, you can call 1-800-8Enyart for any subscription or to make a one-time donation or to purchase of a BEL Resource (or just click those links)! And remember, BEL materials come with our money back guarantee!
* Help Colorado RTL Get Signatures: If you live in Colorado, could you help circulate the Personhood Colorado & CRTL 2010 petition? We need your help! If you live in any other state, can you help to advancepersonhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways?
Today’s Resource: You can get the Focus on the Strategy I & II two DVD combo (for yourself or give it as a gift!) containing the blockbuster analysis of pro-life and political strategy. Focus on the Strategy, advertised by other ministries as the DVD of the Century, is the blockbuster analysis of Christian political strategy, filmed before a live audience of 300 Christian activists in which Bob Enyart reveals the presentation he gave at Focus on the Family to Tom Minnery, VP of Public Policy for Dr. James Dobson. And the sequel, film festival finalist Focus on the Strategy II, with its dozens of video and audio clips which has extraordinary endorsements from many Christian leaders as the must see video for everyone who wants to end 'legalized' abortion.