* Bad Things Come in Threes: Lana from Denver asked for a third O to illustrate the saying (okay, it's superstitious, yes, but Bob and Doug McBurney went along) that bad things come in threes.
* Horse Trainer Clinton Anderson on BEL: [Warning: Bob says this is the worst interview he's done in thirty years!] Down Under Horsemanship star Clinton Anderson briefly spoke with Bob Enyart prior to Clinton's sold-out appearance at the 3,000-ticket event this weekend in Fort Collins' Colorado Equine Center. Bob's associate producer Michelle Ross has trained her three horses using Clinton Anderson's methods and highly recommends his tried and true approach!
* Barack Obama Sped into Denver: broke through crime scene tape, sold his autograph to some campaign contributors, dropped his ashes in Captain Kirk's nature museum, and left on the lamb. Meanwhile, Colorado Right To Life's truth truck circled the perimeter with enormous pictures of aborted children courtesy of The Weitz Company.com and a separate truck driven by "Steve," a Collaborators Project veteran, pulled a trailer with another large sign testifying to the wickedness and brutality of abortion.
* The Triune God: God exists as a Trinity, three persons in one God: Father, Son and Spirit. The number expressed by the persons of the Trinity explains why the Bible frequently uses the number three in important situations. Christ was three days in the tomb, which Jonah's three days in the whale foreshadowed, as did Abraham's three days of thinking that he would sacrifice his son Isaac on Mt. Moriah.
Israel's three patriarchs are Abraham Isaac and Jacob. And the priestly tribe of Levi is associated with the number three, because the Levitical priesthood brings man into relationship with the Trinity.
- Levi is the third son of Jacob -Gen.29:34
Levi is the third tribe of Israel -Ex. 1:2
Leviticus is the third book of the Bible
Levi had three sons who entered Egypt with him -Gen.46:11
Moses' mother, a daughter of Levi hid her infant for three months -Ex.2:1
This daughter of Levi had three children: Aaron, Moses, & Miriam -Num.26:59
- Israel's census counted men 20 and older except for Levites, "from thirty years old" -Num.4:46?47
- The day the law was given, "the sons of Levi" killed "about three thousand men" -Ex.32:28
And notice: the day the Spirit was given, "that day about three thousand souls were [saved]." -Acts 2:41
The importance of three in Scripture turns our attention outward. Space exists in three dimensions, height, width, and length, as does time in past, present and future. The electro-magnetic force operates in positive, negative, and neutral and human beings experience matter in three states: solid, liquid, and gas. In light, red, green, and blue blend into the seeming infinite hues of the rainbow; and in pigment, the three primary colors are red, yellow, and blue. The strongest shape for building is the triangle, with three sides. Humans are body, soul, and spirit, made in the likeness of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Nobel prize-winning physicist Richard Feynman, wrote a book called QED, on Quantum Electrodynamics. He asks the question: How many fundamental actions are there to account for nearly all phenomena in the universe regarding light and electricity. After emphatically presenting this question, Feynman then answered: "There are Three!" Everything reinforces the triune aspect of all of existence.
The Spirit inspired the three sections of the Hebrew Scriptures: the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings. Three people (two men and one Man) at age thirty started their public service: Joseph (Gen. 41:46), David (2 Sam. 5:4), and "Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age" (Luke 3:23). God could have led Esther to fast for two days, or four; and He could have kept Jonah in the whale for one day, or a week, but three days and three nights prefigures God's plan for Christ's time in the grave. And Jesus "rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (1 Cor. 15:4).
And thus, the triune Christian God, the mystery of the Trinity, Three Persons in One God, is the one God whose testimony we can trust, having imprinted our world and even ourselves with His triune nature.
* 67 % of BEL February Telethon: Help Bob Enyart continue to present news from a biblical perspective and broadcast the truth of God's Word to thousands and thousands of people hungry to know Jesus Christ and His principles. The KGOV staff is thankful that so far, our listeners have given 67% of our $20,000 goal to keep Bob broadcasting through 2009! Please give online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart! Please help!
Today's Resource: For our February BEL Broadcast Telethon, save $20 on any two Bible Study albums for a gift of $50 (normally $69.98) and save more than $50 on any four BEL resources (including The Plot, etc.) for a gift of $100 to help Bob Enyart stay on the air for another year! You can browse our online KGOV Store to select the titles you are most interested in, and then please call 1-800-8Enyart to order, or send a check to Bob Enyart Live, PO Box 583, Arvada CO 80001. Also get the second month FREE if you sign up for any of our Subscription Services (like our BEL Televised Classics), and SAVE up to $150 if you mention the telethon to get 10% off our Enyart Library (one of everything!), the BEL Audio Library, or the BEL Video Library!