National Public Radio Program Suing BEL: The NY Post today in its article, Science Radio Showdown, reports that NPR's science program producers have filed a lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court against Bob Enyart's science radio program. Bob asks, "As always, please pray for our outreach as we present to a hurting world the evidence that God created and loves us!"
* Why Did God Reverse the Curse of Babel on Pentecost? Have you considered the connection between Pentecost and Babylon? One of God's purposes in the end times for the great tribulation is that it will see the destruction of the Kingdom of Babylon, which is, Bob teaches, the symbol of man's organized rebellion against God. Babylon's founder, Nimrod was the first to use government power to meet men's needs as a substitute for trust in God. Thus he was the first liberal politician, about whom 2,000 years ago the historian Josephus would write:
He [Nimrod] persuaded them [mankind] not to ascribe [their happiness] to God... He also gradually changed the government into tyranny, seeing no other way of turning men from the fear of God, but to bring them into a constant dependence upon his power.
At Pentecost, God marked the start of the fall of Babylon. For at the beginning of the Kingdom of Babylon (Gen. 10:8, 10; 11:8-9), the LORD confused the language (Gen. 11:9) so those who had understood each other could not. At Pentecost, the beginning of the undoing of Babylon, God removed that barrier (Acts 2:6-11) so those who had not understood each other could.
With minor correlations, the Bible helps its readers connect Pentecost with Babel. At Babel the wicked were scattered... from there over the face of all the earth (Gen. 11:8-9). At Pentecost devout men from every nation under heaven (Acts 2:5) were gathered and the multitude came together (Acts 2:6). At Pentecost they were all with one accord in one place (Acts 2:1) while at Babel they had one language and one speech (Gen. 11:1). The wicked dwelt there building a city named Babel [confusion] (Gen. 11: 2, 4, 9). At Pentecost devout Jews were dwelling (Acts 2:5) in a city named Jerusalem [peace] (Acts 2:5). Unbelievers were made drunk with the wine (Rev. 17:2) of Babylon's wickedness while at Pentecost unbelievers falsely accused the apostles of being drunk with wine (Acts 2:13).
The text has another lesson. At the Tower of Babel, the Lord punished godless men when He confused the language so that they may not understand one another's speech (Gen. 11:7-9). After living so long under the curse of sin, it actually confused men to have the curse removed, for the multitude... were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language (Acts 2:6). So, the way things ought to be confuses men who have lived so long under sin. To learn more about the substantive meaning in the events of Pentecost, please consider getting Bob Enyart's Plot manuscript or audio studies!
* The Plot: When you realize that the "plot" of the book of Acts helps to illuminate the real meaning in the Ananias and Sapphira story, you'll wonder how much more you can learn if you because proficient in understanding the plot of the entire Bible! Of course, Every story has a plot. And a story's details can be confusing unless you understand its overview. Grasping the big picture will help you reconcile many seemingly contradictory, and controversial Bible passages. Achieve a fuller understanding of God's plan from Genesis to Revelation and equip yourself to share God's Word with friends and family. Consider listening to The Plot series based on Bob's life's work, his book, The Plot.
* Consider Subscribing to Bob's Bible Studies: Enjoy any of Bob's Bible Studies, made available by book title or topic, or by subscription as listed below!
* Bonus Video: We invite you to view Bob's End Times debate with reformed theologian Gary Demar:
Today's Resource: Help BEL Stay on the Air! We're at $22,000 of our $30,000 goal to help keep Bob Enyart Live on the radio for another year! Please click here to help or just subscribe to one of these important services...
Monthly Sermons: Enjoy all of Bob's sermons from the month on Sermon Video DVDs, great also to watch with the family. Or, get these on Sermon Audio CDs which are standard audio Compact Discs that will play on any CD player including the one in your car. Or get them on a single Sermon MP3-CD which will play on an MP3 player, in a DVD player, or in your computer.
Monthly Bible Studies: Enjoy the Scriptures with Bob's Monthly Bible Study DVDs, great too for a small group Bible study. Or get these teachings on a single Monthly Bible Study Audio MP3- CDwhich will play on an MP3 player, in a DVD player, or in your computer.
Monthly Topical Videos: Coming to your mailbox, you'll get a Monthly Topical DVD to enjoy one of Bob's great videos specially selected to be entertaining and to teach about life from a biblical worldview.
Monthly Best of Bob Shows: Every month our crew selects the eight best BEL shows of the month and for the folks who might have missed some of them, we mail them out on the Best of Bob MP3-CD.
Monthly BEL TV Classics: Enjoy Bob Enyart's timeless, popular TV show delivered to your home on the Monthly BEL TV Classics DVDs with great audio and video clarity thanks to our state-of-the-art mastering from the studio-quality Sony beta tapes to DVD!
Monthly Donation: For folks who just want to make sure that Bob Enyart Live stays on the air, please consider making a pledge in the form of a Monthly Donation.
* Free Gift: When you sign up for any monthly subscription or give a one time donation of $50 or more, we will send you Bob's brand new DVD of his classic teaching series: The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
You can subscribe or give online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart (303-463-7789).