* Why Is There A Crack that Circles the Earth? Today's Real Science Radio program is the seventh in our continuing series, RSR's List of Answers to Hydroplate Theory Objections. Mechanical engineer Bryan Nickel talks with Bob Enyart about Michael Oard's objection to the global manner in which Walt Brown’s flood model presents the failure of the Earth's crust. Mr. Oard's critique of Dr. Brown's theory appears on creation.com, the (fabulous) website run by CMI, Creation Ministries International. If pressure in a subterranean chamber (the great deep) built up, Michael questions why the crust would "burst in a linear fashion" as explained by the HPT, and "not through one or several openings... as one would expect." Nickel explains the answer to Michael's objection using super slow-motion YouTube videos, and based on the laws of physics, and as found in Walt's book, In the Beginning. Also, Bryan clarifies Oard's statement, making it clear that the HPT does not claim that the fountains burst forth "through the MOR [mid-oceanic ridge]" but that before the flood, there was no MOR! Rather, the globe-encircling mid-oceanic ridge is a scar left over from the fountains and roughly traces the crack.
* Super Slow Motion Video Illustrates Linear Failure: As explained by mechanical engineer Bryan Nickel, because of factors including
- elastic strain
- a form of potential energy known as strain energy
- kinetic energy
- stress concentration
materials commonly fail in a linear fashion, as illustrated by these super slow motion videos...
* From Bryan Nickel's HPT Video Tutorial, Why the Crack Propagated: Why didn't the initial breaking of the Earth's crust relieve the pressure within? Why did the crack continue to grow on both ends? Watch the 60-second segment beginning at 40 minutes into this HPT Tutorial as Bryan explains the physics behind this part of Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory...
* Later in That Same Video, See the Formation of the MOR: The crust of today's Earth is cracked with the resulting uplifted mid-oceanic ridge encircling the globe like a seam on a baseball. The Hydroplate Theory offers a scientifically consistent explanation for how that happened. From Nickel's same video, at a later start point, from 1:10:40 to 1:22:00, Bryan presents the HPT's explanation of the formation of that ridge...
* Excerpts from RSR's Global Flood and Hydroplate Theory Video: We've excerpted our best-selling flood video which is available in full on DVD, Blu-ray, or download. We hope you enjoy this:
* The Rupture Circled the Earth in Two Hours: From a footnote in Walt Brown's In the Beginning, overview chapter on the Hydroplate Theory...
"Large earthquakes rupture (in both directions) at speeds approaching three miles per second, nearly the speed of sound in rock. [See Michel Bouchon and Martin Vallée, “Observation of Long Supershear Rupture during the Magnitude 8.1 Kunlunshan Earthquake,” Science, Vol. 301, 8 August 2003, pp. 824–826.]
As the flood began, the crack’s two ends circumscribed the globe and produced the 46,000-mile rupture in about 2 hours. The pressure drop in the subterranean chamber began immediately below the rupture and then propagated horizontally through the liquid shell at the speed of sound in water, which is only about a third of the speed of sound in rock."
* Today's Resource: To order RSR's #1 best-selling video (although our big bang video is catching up!), just click...
The Global Flood and the Hydroplate Theory
Blu-ray, 2-DVD Set, Stream or HD Download!
Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart presents the scientific evidence for Dr. Walt Brown’s model of the global flood, along with the relevant biblical material. Enyart also discusses Brown's opponents and contrasts both the vapor canopy and catastrophic plate tectonics with the hydroplate theory.
DVD Vol. 1
1. Walt Brown, Creation Leaders, and Scripture
2. Hydroplate Theory & Scientific Evidence
DVD Vol. 2
3. Hydroplates vs. Plate Tectonics
Bonus: Origin of Earth's Radioactivity
The Blu-ray disc contains all parts on one disc. And for now, save $10 with our special introductory pricing which discounts the $50 retail price to $39.99!
* Get the Best Creation Science Book Ever Written: Just click on the cover of the book to purchase it from RSR (which also helps us to continue broadcasting)...
* Hydroplate Theory Observations: From Dr. Brown's book, consider these observations and questions:
- that the continents do not fit together well against each other, as presented in the Pangaea hypothesis, unless you shrink Africa by 30%, and make other unjustified manipulations.
- that the jigsaw shape of the continents does fit well against the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
- what formed the 46,000-mile long Mid-oceanic Ridge?
- that the Atlantic Ocean is relatively shallow, whereas the Pacific is relatively deep.
- what formed the deep Pacific trenches including the 36-thousand foot-deep Marianas Trench.
- that the fountains of the great deep launched the solar system's asteroids and comets.
- that Mars is not the source of Antarctica meteorites, but they were launched from Earth.
- that the debris launched from the Earth beat up the moon, which helps to explain why the near-side has suffered much greater impactors.
- that NASA discovered the earth-like composition of comets, including that they contain olivine, a very common class of Earth minerals, confirming an inherent prediction of Dr. Walt Brown's flood model.
- that NASA found salt on the asteroid Ceres!
* RSR Flood Model Resources including Shared Google Spreadsheets:
- Bible Material Uniquely Supporting Various Flood Models
- Physical Features Requiring Explanation and Flood Models
- HPT Confirmed Predictions here at rsr.org/predictions#walt-brown
- All of Real Science Radio's HPT resources collected over at rsr.org/global-flood.