Spike Psarris on Astronomer Phil Plait & Evolution
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Evolutionary Astronomers & the Funny Phil Plait Spat: We've already reported that Discover magazine's astronomer, evolutionist Phil Plait, accused Spike Psarris of being deceptive because he uses the term "evolution" to describe naturalistic astronomy for, as Plait wrote, "evolution has nothing to do with astronomy." Now Plait has also criticized us here at Real Science Radio for our report on the spat, which included this comment: "Spike knocks it out of the park by showing the covers of nine astronomy texts, each one with the word evolution in their titles, such as Solar System Evolution." Psarris and Enyart also discuss the circular reasoning of atheists trying to account for the origin of the universe and life on earth.
* RSR with Spike Psarris: Bob Enyart interviews the host of the stunning video, What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy, Spike Psarris of Creation Astronomy. Spike is an engineer formerly with the U.S. military space program.
* Stephen Hawking's Circular Reasoning Exposed: (not as though that was difficult however.) Hawking claims that in the Big Bang the laws of physics produced the universe, even though the Big Bang claims those laws did not exist prior to the Big Bang. And Hawking says, for example, that the matter of the universe came from energy borrowed from the gravitational energy of the universe, to which Enyart asks, "What universe?" If you're explaining the origin of the universe, you cannot appeal to the universe itself. Honorable mention is also given to Hawking's ideas that people should avoid talking to aliens, and also that to escape global warming, the end-of-the-world doomsday prophet atheist astrophysicist wants mankind to go to the Moon or Mars, evidently forgetting that the Moon's daytime temperature is over 200 degrees (107 C) and that neither location has liquid water or oxygen. The Sun is Earth's source of global warming, and because Mars is 50 million miles further from our Sun, its temperature ranges from 1 degree F down to 178 below! So mankind should flee from a temporary one degree fluctuation in the Earth's temperature into about 200 degrees, above and below zero, and say good-bye to liquid water and oxygen. And if global warming is really so threatening to mankind, why does Hawking overlook the more logical safe havens of Antarctica, Greenland and Siberia?
* RSR Talks About and With Spike Psarris:
- Honey Baby and Discover Mag's Phil Plait
- Spike Psarris on Astronomer Phil Plait and Evolution (this show)
- The Best Astronomy DVD Ever Made
* American Right To Life Holds a Press Conference on Buck's Broken Pro-life Campaign Promises: Bob makes this announcement briefly and will talk about this more next week. In the meantime, check out the ColoradoPols.com report (but beware, that's a liberal news source that doesn't specialize in right and wrong) and the "Don't Throw the Bums In" ARTL press conference announcement.
Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine!
Flooding on Mars: Some atheists claim a global flood on earth is impossible, and thereby mock Christians. Spike, however, in his video, explains that NASA proposes extensive flooding, perhaps even to a global scale, on Mars. These same atheists have ridiculed us at Real Science Radio, saying that we are wrong about the scope of the claims of flooding on Mars. Consider then the actual claims of massive flooding on Mars which planet today is a globally frozen desert. (From our RSR Debate with Atheist AronRa.) NASA speaks of the Land of Noah (Noachis Terra) on Mars and its watery Noachian Epoch when fountains of the great deep "burst" forth onto the surface. Really. And in addition to the proposed "global-scale" mid-latitude glaciers, there were "giant floods," a "catastrophic flood" or even "catastrophic floods that… occurred nearly simultaneously" which "merged into an ocean" and that this "action of water on and near the surface of Mars occurred for hundreds of millions of years… and possibly global in extent." But then, NASA asks, "where has all that water gone?" And they suggest that those fountains just might burst forth again because perhaps the water was "absorbed into the ground." So there is a great irony that with 70% of the Earth covered with water, naturalists incessantly ridicule any proffer of evidence of a worldwide flood here, and before the chuckling has even died down, the same critics will affirm the possibility of nearly global flooding on bone-dry Mars.
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library