* Origin of Human Language: This Part II of RSR: Languages concludes the presentation of Bob Enyart and RSR co-host Fred Williams discussing the expert evolutionists whose research and conclusions disprove Darwin's own theory of the evolution of language from animal grunts to human speech! Bob and Fred celebrate Dr. Jerry Bergman's article, Evolution and the Origin of Human Language! For example Darwin has been proved wrong in his belief that:
- some languages are 'primitive' ("eminent linguist Stuart Chase bluntly stated that 'stories about tribes with only grunts and squeals are biological fakes'" and P.A. "Gaeng concluded 'Any hope, therefore, of discovering the specific origin of language from the languages of primitive groups must also be abandoned.'")
- and that animal grunts can be shown to be steps toward language
- and that evidence of language evolution would exist.
Instead, as Bob and Fred present the conclusions of some of the world's leading linguists such as Edward Sapir and MIT's Noam Chomsky, primitive languages do not exist and no evidence of the evolution of language has been found! Also, the hope of some evolutionists that a single dramatic mutation switched on the human ability for language is disproved by today's knowledge that our language interface is spread out geographically across regions of the brain, and also, as summarized by Bergman, humans require "a complex set of biological capabilities, including not only the mind, but also the nervous system, the entire oral-nasal-pharynx design, and many accessory structures such as the teeth, tongue, lips, nasal cavities, larynx, lungs, uvula and nose." Thus, "Our putative closest relatives, the chimpanzees, are physically unable to produce speech." Bergman draws from D. K. Harrison's, Oxford Press 2007, explaining that an animal species relies "on a single system of communication; humans use one or more of the almost 7,000 different extant language systems, from English to Swahili," so that "whereas animal species posses an innate set of oral responses" i.e., genetically programmed, "children usually require several years to acquire their specific language..."
Bergman then presents the lesson of a life's work: "Chomsky concluded from his lifelong research on this subject that no evolutionary transition exists between the noises that animals make and human speech." And consistent with biblical history, "some scholars believe that all languages can be traced back to about a hundred language groups" and, "the oldest known written language, Accadian [aka Akkadian, Acadian, etc.]," was spoken in the Middle East. Human language is another great argument against evolution and supporting creation.
* RSR - Languages I: Hear Part I from last Friday's program!
* Join Bob for a Great Discussion on Language and the Bible: Fast forward to 2012 to listen to this BEL program when Bob talks with Denver Bible Church language expert Nick Morgan about some of the most wonderful aspects of language, learning languages, and the biblical languages of Hebrew and Greek!
* 60% of BEL February Telethon: Help Bob Enyart continue to present news from a biblical perspective and broadcast the truth of God's Word to thousands and thousands of people hungry to know Jesus Christ and His principles. The KGOV staff is thankful that so far, our listeners have given 60% of our $20,000 goal to keep Bob broadcasting through 2009! Please give online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart! Please help!
Today's Resource: For our February BEL Broadcast Telethon, save $20 on any two Bible Study albums for a gift of $50 (normally $69.98) and save more than $50 on any four BEL resources (including The Plot, etc.) for a gift of $100 to help Bob Enyart stay on the air for another year! You can browse our online KGOV Store to select the titles you are most interested in, and then please call 1-800-8Enyart to order, or send a check to Bob Enyart Live, PO Box 583, Arvada CO 80001. Also get the second month FREE if you sign up for any of our Subscription Services (like our BEL Televised Classics), and SAVE up to $150 if you mention the telethon to get 10% off our Enyart Library (one of everything!), the BEL Audio Library, or the BEL Video Library!