Welcome to Real Science Radio: with co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams talking about science to debunk evolution and to show the evidence for the creator God including from biology, genetics, geology, history, paleontology, archaeology, astronomy, philosophy, cosmology, and physics. (For example, mutations will give you bad legs long before you'd get good wings.) We get to debate Darwinists and atheists like Lawrence Krauss, AronRa, and Eugenie Scott. We easily take potshots from popular evolutionists like PZ Myers, Phil Plait, and Jerry Coyne. We're the home of the popular List Shows! And we interview the outstanding scientists who dare to challenge today's accepted creed that nothing created everything.
Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews creation author AnneHabermehl on the Septuagint, which is a Greek translation of the Hebrew Old Testament, the version of the Scriptures frequently quoted from in the New Testament by Jesus Christ and his apostles. Instead of using a 6,000-year age for the Earth, RSR has always said that God created the Earth "less than 10,000 years ago", in part because the Septuagint's ages for the patriarchs calculates to a 7,500 year old earth. Very recently, Dr. Walt Brown's efforts, see rsr.org/hpt, to scientifically date the global flood, yield a date consistent with Septuagint.
* Another Man's Treasure: Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews former Smithsonian researcher Dr. Richard Sternberg, one of the key scientists in the history of the debate over junk DNA. Ben Stein's movie "Expelled" profiled this highly credentialed and widely published evolutionary biologist. Bob's guest explains some of the astounding functionality of the human genome and describes the shrinking case for the neo-Darwinist claim that most of our DNA is functionless. Dr. Sternberg also comments on an audio clip from 17 years ago when famed atheist evolutionist Eugenie Scott presented Junk DNA to Bob Enyart as her best evidence against an intelligent designer.
* Related Nature News Item: While Sternberg remains an old-earther, Nature's report of Cal State's firing of the creationist director of its Northridge microscopy lab garnered a first comment that exposes the disingenuous criticism that ID proponents (and creationists) do not publish in peer-reviewed journals. The Nature News story, University sued after firing creationist fossil hunter, reports that RSR friend Mark Armitage: - "published his [Triceratops soft tissue] findings in Acta Histochemica, a journal of cell and tissue research (M. H. Armitage and K. L. Anderson Acta Histochem. 115, 603–608; 2013). Two weeks later, he was fired from his job at California State University, Northridge (CSUN), where he managed the biology department’s electron and confocal microscopy suite." - "It was just morphology," says Mary Schweitzer, a palaeontologist at North Carolina State University at Raleigh who reviewed the work before publication, and made the first discovery of soft tissue in dinosaur bones in 2005. “It was fine.” - [Armitage had authored "roughly 30 technical articles on microscopy" - "'I'm not a microscopist but as far as I could tell, Armitage was a good one,' Paul Wilson, a biologist at CSUN, told Nature." Yet with all that, the first comment that Nature chose to publish, by a Robert Buntrock, says, "Somehow he flew his publications under the radar. ... Stealth publishing of pseudoscience lurking in the background is unprofessional and invalid." In this freudian slip, Buntrock is saying that Acta Histochemica and the other journals should reject papers on a presuppositional basis. For regardless of a specific paper's scientific validity, based on an ad hominem bias against any researcher who holds to an anti-Darwinian worldview, their work should be summarily rejected regardless of its significance and its rigid adherence to accepted scientifc methodology. Those who own journals do get to make the rules about who to publish and who not to publish. However to the extent that Buntrock is expressing the view of the Darwinian community, it is disingenuous to criticize creationists and ID proponents for not publishing in evolutionary science journals when in reality the system is rigged to automatically reject their submissions, regardless of any apparent scientific validity.
* Dawkins Validates the Intelligent Design Argument: In the film that profiled Dr. Sternberg's ouster from the Smithsonian, Ben Stein's movie Expelled, Richard Dawkins admited that microbiology could provide the evidence for the intelligent design of life on Earth. From about 85 minutes into the film (and 3 minutes into the clip below), Ben Stein asks, "What do you think is the possibility that intelligent design might turn out to be the answer to some issues in genetics or in evolution?" Here's a transcript of the reply:
"It could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time somewhere in the universe a civilization evolved, by probably some kind of Darwinian means, to a very, very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose that it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry and molecular biology. You might find a signature of some sort of designer… And that designer could well be a higher intelligence from elsewhere in the universe." -Richard Dawkins, in Expelled
* See more on Dawkins: For some ironic observations about Richard Dawkins, see realscienceradio.com/Dawkins.
* I Saw "Expelled" 15 Times: As part of the American RTL movie marathon, Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart saw Ben Stein's film 15 times with other ARTL members in Colorado theaters during opening weekend. The widespread claim by evolutionists that somehow atheist Richard Dawkins was misrepresented by editing or tricked about the topic of discussion is untenable. Dawkins is engaged in the discussion with Stein; he admits that the complexity observed in microbiology could be evidence that life on earth originated from a higher intelligence, somewhere out there in the universe. Of course, he claims that such a higher life-form must have evolved by some kind of Darwinian mechanism. But if genetic and cellular complexity provides evidence that life on earth is too complex to arise by chance, then evolutionists like Dawkins and Francis Crick are just punting to claim it must have originated somewhere else. The film is powerful.
* A Special Edition of Real Science Radio: While this is not a typical RSR program, Bob's BEL co-host Doug McBurney loves being on RSR, and so since we reported on a bit of science news, after-the-fact we went ahead and designated today's program a Real Science Radio broadcast!
As promised, Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart again interviews biologist Dr. Rob Carter, producer of Evolution’s Achilles’ Heels and Mitochondrial Eve and the 3 "Daughters of Noah". Today's interview builds on the latter video, with updated information on the rediscovery of Genesis by molecular geneticists, including our first parents Adam and Eve, the bottleneck of the global flood, and the dispersion from Babel.
* Boulder, Colorado's Planetarium Show on Christ's Birth: Celebrating Christmas, Real Science Radio hopes you too enjoy this interview with the host of the University of Colorado's Fiske Planetarium presentation, The Astronomical Star of Bethlehem, amateur astronomer Gil Buller. From the planetarium's website, "This exciting program examines the sky at the time of the birth of Christ to see which astronomical phenomenon may have been the Star of Bethlehem." Bob Enyart recorded this interview in 2011.
* Orbital Mechanics Help Identify the Star of Bethlehem: Using computer-generated images of the night sky in ancient Israel, this planetarium program does in great style what Bob Enyart's DVD does using more modest computer simulation software. Click to get Bob's classic DVD, The Planets, Stars, and The Bible.
Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through the Science Department in our online store? RSR's GLOBAL FLOOD VIDEO PRICE REDUCED! We've reduced the price of our newest science video by $5.00 from $39.99 to $34.99. So please check out...
* Misinformation from Hawking & Tyson: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams love talking about the great information in the flagship publication of Creation Ministries International, Creationmagazine. In this edition Dr. Jonathan Sarfati reports on the misinformation from Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Hawking that was rebutted hundreds of years ago by medieval clergy scientists. Also, CMI's CEO Gary Bates interviews Chad Duty, whose Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, and his wife's Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, have prepared them well to defend young-earth creationism, to homeschool their children, and for Chad to conduct materials research at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
* Bob Concludes His Interview with Dr. Rob Carter: Real Science Radio concludes its interview with molecular biologist Dr. Rob Carter on the stunning new video (and book), Evolution’s Achilles’ Heels, in which 15 Ph.D. scientists present evolution’s fatal flaws. Dr. Carter studied genetics at the University of Miami and earned his place in the history of science by working to publish, the consensus sequence for our mitochondrial DNA, which is the particular order of amino acids that, with high confidence, was the exact mitochondrial DNA of the very first woman, who’s name, as history tells us, was Eve. Also soon, Lord willing, RSR will interview Dr. Carter again, this time on his previous groundbreaking DVD, titled Mitochondrial Eve and the 3 "Daughters of Noah".
* Bob Enyart Interviews Dr. Rob Carter: Real Science Radio interviews molecular biologist Dr. Rob Carter on the stunning new video (and book), Evolution’s Achilles’ Heels, in which 15 Ph.D. scientists present evolution’s fatal flaws. Dr. Carter studied genetics at the University of Miami and earned his place in the history of science by working to publish, the consensus sequence for our mitochondrial DNA, which is the particular order of amino acids that, with high confidence, was the exact mitochondrial DNA of the very first woman, who’s name, as history tells us, was Eve. Also soon, Lord willing, RSR will interview Dr. Carter again, this time on his previous groundbreaking DVD, titled Mitochondrial Eve and the 3 "Daughters of Noah".
* About Rob Carter: Dr. Carter, with Creation Ministries International (creation.com), spent several years teaching high school biology, chemistry, physics and electronics before venturing off to the University of Miami, where he earned a Ph.D. in marine biology. He is one of the featured scholars in a previous film, The Voyage that Shook the World, a docudrama that traces Darwin's journey from England, to South America and the Galapagos islands. Hear also Fred Williams' 2009 interview of Dr. Carter on chimp and human genetic similarities and differences and on junk DNA (as also at rsr.org/junk). And be sure to regularly visit creation.com to get the latest news on topics related to origins. It is also a great resource for creation materials!
* Alleged Confirmed Predictions of the Big Bang Contradicted by Physicists: Begun yesterday in Part 1, the list below disproves the widely-repeated claim that the big bang has been validated by confirmed predictions. Today's program now concludes the Real Science Radio falsification of that that claim, presenting direct testimony from: - leading journals like Nature, Physics Letters Review, and The Astrophysical Journal - a Nobel scientist who won the prize for the discovery of the CMB - distinguished professors of physics from prestigious institutions like Princeton - America's premier particle physics lab, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory - Cambridge University's Modern Cosmology, Science News and New Scientist - Alan Guth, the father of inflation theory himself, from creationist physicists, and from - hundreds of relevantly degreed scientists, including many from leading institutions.