Atheists and other old-earthers have said a thousand times over, "There's no evidence for the global flood." (This is not unlike physicist Lawrence Krauss telling RSR, "All evidence overwhelmingly supports the big bang." See that at rsr.org/bb.) So Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams proceed then to do the seemingly impossible! The guys share a list of scientific evidence for the global flood, which we'll keep online also at rsr.org/flood-evidence.
* Flood Evidence for Materialists and for Christians: Some of the scientific observations that corroborate the historical record of the global flood of Noah's day:
Evidence for Materialists
- An average of a mile deep of sedimentary layers on the continents
- Billions of dead things laid down by water in strata all over the Earth
- A documented extinction event that destroyed 90% of all the species (multicellular ones) that lived in the oceans
- Sufficient water in our two-mile deep oceans to cover the earth (with lower pre-flood mountains)
- All major mountain ranges (excepting volcanoes of course) have marine fossils on their summits
- Dinosaur soft tissue still exists preserving T. rex red blood cells, blood vessels, and a dozen proteins from a dozen different kinds of dinosaurs and countless other organisms
- Carbon 14 everywhere it's not supposed to be, with significant amounts of short-lived 14c, in quantities far above the least count (margin of error) of our state-of-the-art AMS equipment (accelerator mass spectrometry) being consistently measured in diamonds, dinosaur fossils, marble, giant extinct aquatic lizard, natural gas, coal, and reportedly, in oil.
- There's mostly left-handed amino acids in partially fossilized organisms (not yet decayed to a 50/50 right-to-left ratio), for example, in chert and dinosaur eggshells, and undoubtedly, throughout the fossil record! (Hey, that's another rsr.org/prediction!) So, the three-fold argument is incredibly powerful, dinosaur soft tissue, with mostly left-handed amino acids, loaded with short-lived carbon 14!
- Anthropological cataloging of hundreds of cultures with an ancient corporate recollection of the flood
- Extent of stratigraphic layers of regional and continental scope
- As exposed in the Grand Canyon, boundaries between sedimentary strata characteristically show no evidence of what should be millions of years of relentless erosion but are instead flat gaps.
- Massive submarine canyons with near vertical walls some as deep as five kilometers
- Past geologic catastrophism caused by "off the charts" energy levels (dwarfing modern phenomenon)
- Many recent studies contradict Out-of-Africa and the misguided human evolution story and instead support the post-flood Out-of-Babel origin of civilization
- DNA studies show a genetic bottleneck highlighting the three "Daughters" of Noah
- Only a couple hundred generations were necessary to produce humanity's genetic diversity, as per various studies including in the journal Nature regarding protein-coding variants
- The near side of the Moon has been beat up far worse than the far side, being beat up by the debris that was ejected from the fountains of the great deep
- Comets, asteroids, and meteoroids are made up of material that's common on earth but very hard to explain their origins out in space, and especially in the outer solar system; so meteoroids are not from the Moon and Mars, they're from Earth, and they're just coming home!
- Flood advocates are able to make stunning scientific predictions, contrary to the expectations of those who reject the flood (as at rsr.org/predictions)
- etc. (Email suggestions to Bob@rsr.org!)
Evidence for Christians
- Jesus and the New Testament repeatedly affirm the global flood (enough said) with Jesus in Matthew and Luke affirming the building of the ark, and mentioning Noah by name, as does Peter and the author of Hebrews, with Peter in both his epistles reminding us that only "eight people" survived the flood
- Every New Testament author refers to at least one of the first eleven chapters of Genesis and Jesus Christ Himself referred to each of the first seven, affirming the literal truth of Genesis
- Genesis explicitly describes a global flood (enough said) which drowned all but eight humans, covered the tops of the mountains, required the building of a massive ark to save a breeding pair of every kind of land animal, and which uses the word "all" many times for all the mountains under heaven covered, all flesh died, all living things were destroyed from the earth, etc.
- God created a perfect world so the Flood explains dangers that The Fall alone does not explain, such as storms, meteors, asteroids, comets, Earth's radioactivity, earthquakes and volcanoes
- While at Babel God confused the languages the consequences of the flood confused the calendars and spoiled the initially perfect 30-day lunar month and 360-day year
- Anthropologists have documented hundreds of tribal/ethnic/national recollections of an ancient flood
- The world's crops originated near Mt. Ararat as Science reported, that the "ancestors of the seven ‘founder crops’ harvested by the world’s first farmers have all been traced to the region of southeastern Turkey..."
- The Table of Nations in Genesis 10, unique in the annals of the world, documents the origins of the major people groups and even some of the nations of the world as descending from Noah's three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japeth
- All of the physical evidence for materialists, just above.
* The Hydroplate Theory Special: You may want to purchase this set of resources if...
1) You'd like to read the best creation book ever written and watch its accompanying videos
2) You like Real Science Radio and want to help it stay on the air
3) You'd like to give the gift of understanding creation and the flood to someone who could really benefit from it.
* Check Out RSR's Latest Science Video: With this video Real Science Radio moves from the Earth up into space....
Programming Note: This 3-part Evidence for the Flood series has been shifted, each show moved earlier one-week on our website as compared to their original broadcast dates, to make room to begin our 5-part June is Grand Canyon Month series beginning on 6/1/18.