* The Year the Church Went Gay: Bob Enyart's sermon titled The Year the Church Goes Gay is sadly memorialized below in our unnecessary list. As we document in Focus on the History -- of Homosexual Rights, James Dobson has promoted homosexual rights for decades. (No, there's no typo there. Yes, you read that right.) Christian leaders maybe couldn't stop the nation from normalizing homosexuality. But they sure had the ability to protect their own church from embracing that perversion. However, instead of strengthening the church, they legitimized this moral corruption by claiming that they could only publicly advocate for as much as the culture might agree to. So they sought only to regulate perversion. In their moral relativism, they seek only to regulate inherently criminal acts. Thus they only attempt to regulate abortion, regulate pornography, regulate homosexuality, regulate "no-fault" divorce, regulate socialism, regulate adultery, etc. (2017 Prediction: Watch for Christian leaders to advocate regulation of prostitution.)
* The List of "Christian Leaders" and "Conservatives" Going Gay
- Megachurch pastor and Charles Stanley's son Andy Stanley: "...no more are students going to feel like they have to leave the local church because they're same-sex attracted or because they're gay. That ends with us."
- Monsignor of the largest Roman Catholic parish in the U.S. (10,000 families) says the church must be more welcoming to homosexuals so they won't feel excluded by the church (and this he said in July 2017 after the Vatican itself has been hit with multiple molestation and homosexuality scandals in just the previous few months).
- Southern Baptist megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress
- World Vision (see below)
- Wheaton College (hires an unrepentant homosexual for "outreach"; etc.)
-The Republican National Convention proud of (R) homosexuals
- President Donald Trump homosexualizing Christians
- Mike Pence applauding "gay" rights
- Trey Pearson
- Vicky Beeching
- Byron Keith
- Pepperdine University, Seventh Day Adventist
- Pacific Union College, SDA
- Amy Grant
- Ray Boltz
- Jennifer Knapp
- The Christianity Today magazine founded by Billy Graham
- Former megachurch pastor Rob Bell affirming homosexuality
- Jars of Clay frontman Dan Haseltine tweets support even for "homosexual marriage"
- Ted Cruz upholding homoexual "rights"
- George W. Bush being an official witness at a homosexual "marriage"
- The Message Bible translator (see below)
- Curt Schilling of MLB, ESPN, and "amazing gay Christians" fame
- The Mormon "Church" cult advocates "homosexual rights"
- "Church" of Scotland now has homosexual "ministers"
- The Episcopal "Church"
- United Methodist "Church"
- Evangelical Lutheran "Church" of America ("fixated" on deviant sexual behavior)
- Focus on the Family (see below)
- Martin Gilbert, fellow at Hillsdale College
- Mercer University with David Gushee as their Professor of "Ethics"
- St. Petersburg, Florida, Roman Catholic Bishop Bobbie Lynch
- Presbyterian "Church" USA: June 2015 finalized their sin by amending their constitution "redefining marriage as 'a commitment between two people' "- Pope Francis has a warm place in his heart for homosexuality. He went from his 2014 unloving and apathetic statement, "Who am I to judge?" to his 2016 "apostolic exhortation" urging greater acceptance of homosexuals. Tragically, the Roman Catholic Church has catastrophically failed to learn the proper lesson of the priest molestation scandal which devastated thousands of families in the years following the "acceptance" of homosexuals in Catholic seminaries. As reported at kgov.com/pope, the first assignment that Francis gave to the teenage boys in his class in Argentina in 1964 was to read the writing of an openly homosexual author, and one of the boys in that class grew up to become one of Francis' many homosexual defenders. Francis has never repented from this very public sin. Sadly, it's not that Francis became the pope in spite of, but because of, his tenderness toward homosexuality. Present him with a thousand other behaviors that he despises though, politically incorrect actions like building a wall or rebuking Islamists, and his "Who am I to judge" goes right out the window and he becomes as harsh as he wants to be. The Bible does warn mankind against those who call good evil and evil good.
The CPAC legend Ryan Sorba explains that many Christians who meet "nice" homosexuals end up suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Instead of defending them, such Christians need to love a homosexual enough to share the truth: "Your behavior is an affront to God, a grotesque sin, and will destroy you."
Undoubtedly, any number of those who shouted Crucify Him had thrown fun dinner parties. Of course the homosexuals will do to the Protestant church the same thing they did to the Catholics. For an open-minded look at the absurdity of our day, see kgov.com/homosexuality.
- Tony Campolo: "It was that woman You gave me." Campolo is now calling "for the full acceptance of Christian gay couples into the Church", reversing his position, as he explains it, after his wife introduced him to nice homosexuals.
* Retractable blades can be even more dangerous than others: The following retracted their statements after Christians expressed outrage (and threatened to pull donations) for these efforts to legitimize homosexuality.
- Focus on the Family: Told the Denver Post that Dr. James Dobson's organization would support a homosexual being confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice.
- World Vision: Introduced employee spousal benefits.
- The Message Bible translator, reformed Presbyterian minister Eugene Peterson said he would perform a "same-sex wedding".
* The Increasing Acceptance of Immorality by Christians: As Bob Enyart Live interacts with Christians around the country we have been grieved by the acceptance of sexual immorality and the undermining of God's design for marriage by more and more believers. Examples of claims being made by Christians include the:
- false claim that entertainment with nudity is not sinful. Typical churchgoers for example.
- false claim that shacking up is not sinful. See John 4:16-17.
- false claim that polygamy is not sinful. See kgov.com/polygamy.
- false claim that consuming pornography is not sinful. See the Sermon on the Mount.
- false claim that it would be right to decriminalize prostitution. Said a South Carolina megachurch ass't pastor e.g.
- false claim that you don't need to be legally married, only married before God. See kgov.com/marriage.
- false claim that social nudity is not sinful. See our debate at kgov.com/nudism.
- false claim that homosexuality is not sinful. See above.
As we endure all this sin in the camp, here at BEL we understand better (unfortunately) the verses that tell us that God is burdened by man's sin.
* The Fall of the Bishopric: Bob and co-host Doug McBurney dissect the Catholic Bishops' horrific working paper on their upcoming compromise on homosexuality and the guys await the group's next paper on compromise on other forms of sexual immorality.
* Fox News for Church: Fox News’ poor Chris Wallace hosts a talk show instead of going to a Sunday worship service. If you watched this week’s episode (Oct. 13, 2014), it’s obvious that he (and Tony Perkins) would have been better off attending Denver Bible Church!
* Of Course Hollywood Has Always Been Gay: For example, at 28 minutes into James Cagney's 1931 Public Enemy, the tailor was a homosexual.
* How is Your Own Church: If your own church or denomination is trying to homosexualize you, that is, if they are working to get you to approve of, to no longer condemn, to actively tolerate, etc. this particularly horrific sin and perversion, please let Bob@kgov.com know. Thanks!