We've reached $11,500 (thank you guys!) of our $25,000 telethon goal. Please Help!
Newsflash: Denver Serial Rapist Dead
Democrat pro-choice activist serial rapist William Costello
Update: Apparent suicide.
* Real Science Radio on Honey, Babies, and Phil Plait: RSR co-hosts Fred Williams, with Creation Research Society, and Bob Enyart, have fun on this episode of Real Science Radio talking about the topics below from the latest issue of Creation magazine from Fall 2010. Also, they chuckle over the accusation leveled by Discover magazine blogger evolutionist Phil Plait who accused Creation Astronomy's Spike Psarris of being deceptive because he uses the term "evolution" to describe naturalistic astronomy for, as Plait wrote, "evolution has nothing to do with astronomy." So, Spike knocks it out of the park by showing the covers of nine astronomy texts, each one with the word evolution in their titles, such as Solar System Evolution. :)
Update: Phil Plait has responded. Stay tuned... On his arbitrary objection (which he does not apply to believers in the Big Bang) that the word "evolution" can only be used for a "change in frequency of alleles", of course that would invalidate the use of the term by physicists, cosmologists, etc., who have faith in abiogenesis, which they refer to as chemical evolution, and also invalidate the use among astronomers of the term "chemical evolution" to refer to the claim that the elements in the periodic table were produced in the Big Bang (and in susequent populations of stars). Nonetheless, regarding the absurd moon landing myth, of course we're grateful to Phil for his Apollo Moon Hoax page which helped us produce our own rsr.org/moon-landing-hoax-refuted program.
* Analyzing the Great Works of Literature -- Via Spelling: Consider Phil Plait's summary explanation for biological evolution, which allegedly generated all of life's diversity. Plait claimed that the origin and diversification of species (genus, family, order, phylum, etc.) that is, neo-Darwinian evolution, is all about a "change in frequency of alleles", or, variations in genes. (This same claim arose when RSR debated atheist AronRa.) This "change in the frequency of alleles" explanation of life's diversity is as insufficient an approach to understanding life as it would be to attempt to comprehend the evolution in the great works of literature by focusing on spelling variations.
* One Dead Protein: Bob Enyart points out that even if a trillion universes all pulled together to overcome the odds of a protein forming and folding by chance, and natural processes produced the first protein... so what? All you'd have is a single, non-living protein.
* Bob and Fred Recommend Subscribing to Creation Magazine: Consider:
- Yale shows that babies are born with a rudimentary understanding of physics, math, and morality. (2012 Update: 60 Minutes segment on babies.)
- Archaeologists uncover the world's oldest honey bee farm in the land "flowing with milk and honey"
- Youth abandon Christ due to a lack of teaching on creation (and godless schools exacerbate the problem)
- Bone microstructure hasn't changed through tens of millions of years of alleged evolutionary history
- Walt Brown recognized as first scientist to publish a tectonic model of the global flood
* RSR Talks About and With Spike Psarris:
- Honey Baby and Discover Mag's Phil Plait (this show)
- Spike Psarris on Astronomer Phil Plait and Evolution
- The Best Astronomy DVD Ever Made
* Tonight's Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship Meeting! If you're in Denver Colorado, come on out for RMCF's monthly meeting at 7:00 p.m. to hear Bill Browning, retired from 31 years in space technology engineering with Hughes, who will talk about light and photonic crystals!
* Join a Weekly Literature Drop for Colorado's Personhood Amendment 62! with Bob Enyart or arrange a weekly lit drop in your own town! See the details!
For our RSR Friends: in case you miss other BEL programs, here are some of the atheists Bob Enyart has debated:
- ABC's Reginald Finley, called The Infidel Guy, from ABC's Wife Swap program; 3-26-07;
- TheologyOnLine's psychologist Zakath in a 10-round moderated written online debate, also available in soft cover;
- TOL's member who calls himself Fool; 3-28-06;
- John Henderson who wrote the book God.com 6-15-2006;
- Carlos Morales, Fox News, Huffington Post, etc. reports on U of Texas atheists Bible-turn in program, president of Atheist Agenda 7-14-10
- Freedom from Religion Foundation's Dan Barker (put the atheist sign near the Nativity at the capitol in Seattle) who was involved with the ministry of Kathryn Kuhlman, one of a group of so-called faith healers. (See a BEL listener who initially compared Bob to Benny Hinn until...) The BEL show was on 12-11-08;
- Michael Shermer, an editor with Scientific American and the Skeptic Society who in in this famous 73-second excerpt on BEL denied that the sun is a light, illustrating that it's tough debating atheists when they're hesitant to admit to even the most obvious common ground. 8-28-03
Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine!
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library