Focus on the History - of Homosexual Rights
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Focus on the Family Promotes Gay Rights: Dr. James Dobson and Focus on the Family have spent more than 20 years advocating for homosexual rights from 1993 to 2014 (when they were joined by the Southern Baptist denomination). With their home state enacting the most hostile homosexual law against Christians in American history, Colorado's Focus on the Family has ignored the governmental censorship authorized SB 200 (signed into law by the governor) which forbids publication of most Christian teaching on homosexuality. Christian teachings, pamphlets and books against homosexual marriage, adoption, etc., are now illegal in Colorado. (See Colorado's censorship law here on BEL or in the official Colorado Revised Statues 24-34-701). However, Dr. James Dobson's Focus on the Family discussed and opposed only a caricature of this law, warning only that it would allow men in women's restrooms. However that bathroom aspect is the least devastating part of the SB 200 attack on Christians, and it was certainly not the intent of the majority of the wicked and naïve legislators who enacted this censorship law. Why has Dr. Dobson focused on the bathroom stall and ignored that SB 200 criminalizes the publishing of Christian teaching on co-habitation and homosexuality? Focus on the History of homosexual rights in Colorado to understand.
In 1992, Focus vice president Tom Minnery and their public policy group, along with the well-meaning but short-sighted Will Perkins and Kevin Tebedo at Colorado for Family Values, steered the Body of Christ down a tragic path of appeasement with humanists and homosexuals by caving in to gay political correctness. In a statewide Colorado campaign on Amendment 2, Dr. Dobson actually advocated, and this is shocking even to recall, "equal rights" for homosexuals. That initiative, reasonably designed to stall the homosexual agenda, succeeded by passing with 54% of the vote, a statewide majority, bolstered by Dr. James Dobson's unwise but opportunistic promotion of the campaign slogan of "equal rights, not special rights" for homosexuals. Winning that battle gave Christians a short-lived victory that is costing them the war. Since Dr. Dobson advocated equal rights for homosexuals, he has lost his standing to recognize, let alone oppose, the real devastation of Colorado's SB 200: the criminalizing of traditional Christian and biblical teaching on homosexuality. If the bill's sponsors would amend it protecting toilets from cross-gender intrusion, it seems Focus on the Family would be at a loss to continue their criticism. Because Dr. Dobson has trusted lawyers, moral relativists and secular humanists to direct Christianity's current spiritual warfare, increasingly believers are looking elsewhere for substantive political, moral, and spiritual leadership. Thus, Christians have opposed a cartoon version of this sweeping anti-Christian law, complaining that it will allow men in women's toilets, when in reality, SB 200 is the most far-reaching, hostile homosexual attack on Christians America has ever seen. (See below or the May 22, 2008 Bob Enyart Live show for the censorship excerpts from the law itself).
* John Roberts Promotes "Gay Rights": As for that short-lived Amendment 2 victory, it was overturned with the help of a prominent Washington D.C. law partner who in 1995 specialized in oral arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court. Years later, Dr. Dobson actually lobbied for that attorney, John Roberts, to be confirmed as chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Dobson was an apologist for this Republican, but manifestly anti-Christian, lawyer, arguing a decade later in 2005 on his Focus on the Family radio program that Christians should support Roberts' confirmation because he could not be held responsible for his volunteer work for the homosexual group that sued to reverse Colorado's Amendment 2. Dr. Dobson stated that Roberts' pro-homosexual activism in reversing that rare godly vote of the people was the equivalent of a secretary processing papers for her boss, in that she would have no responsibility for their content. Ignoring the situational ethics claim of that argument, Roberts wasn't a law clerk; he was a partner in a "prestigious" D.C. law firm, who knowingly and voluntarily helped the homosexuals pave the way for the eventual criminalization of Christian teaching. Thus, as proven in our DVDs, Focus on the Strategy I & II, Focus on the Family has adopted legal positivism, which is moral relativism in the court room, leaving them unable to provide godly Christian leadership until Dr. Dobson is replaced or repents.
The most effective way to reduce the number of Americans going to hell as a result of homosexuality is to restore God's application of the law against homosexuality (1 Tim. 1:8-9; see also Gal. 3:24-25; Rom. 3:19; and 7:7). All our founding fathers believed that homosexuality was a crime and the laws of America outlawed that behavior until the last few decades. These laws were consistent with Moses, the Old and New Testaments, all of Judeo-Christian history and American history. Hillary, Hollywood, humanists, homosexuals, politicians, the media and the public education system oppose these laws. We Christians should defend traditional biblical morality. Otherwise, we help the enemy achieve their number one agenda goal of the homosexual community, that of legitimizing homosexuality. For homosexuality destroys a thousand-fold more Americans than do Islamic terrorists. And Christians unwittingly help them destroy our families. The law is the great teacher and decriminalizing sodomy, adultery and fornication is making it harder to convince people of their sin and their need for forgiveness. It is therefore growing more difficult to share the Savior with a generation of Americans who no longer believe their promiscuity is sinful. Leaders must teach Christians to work toward recriminalizing homosexual behavior, to re-stigmatize it, and lastly, to encourage individual homosexuals to repent. You can learn more about this issue in our seminar, God's Criminal Justice System, and see how these truths help lead homosexuals to the Lord in our best-selling DVD, Terry's Call.
* Colorado's Homosexual Law Censoring Christians: Governor Bill Ritter on May 29, 2008 signed into law the stealth Senate Bill 08-200 (read it online) which is an attack on free speech and Christian teaching. This government censorship amends as follows Colorado state law: "Section 8. 24-34-701. Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden. No person, being the owner, lessee, proprietor, manager, superintendent, agent, or employee of any place of public accommodation... shall publish, issue, circulate, send, distribute, give away, or display in any way, manner, or shape or by any means or method, except as provided in this section, any communication, paper, poster, folder, manuscript, book, pamphlet, writing, print, letter, notice, or advertisement of any kind, nature, or description THAT is intended or calculated to discriminate or actually discriminates against... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... in the matter of furnishing or neglecting or refusing to furnish to them or any one of them any lodging, housing, schooling, or tuition or any accommodation, right [marriage], privilege [adoption], advantage, or convenience... on account of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... [which] is unwelcome or objectionable or not acceptable, desired, or solicited."
* Post-show Note: A year after this program, a spokesman stated publicly that in principle, Focus on the Family does do not oppose a homosexual from being confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court. Aside from the moral affront to God such a rebellious move would represent, a homosexual Justice presumably would rule against virtually every public policy objective of Focus including the protection of marriage between a man and a woman and the protection of school children from being taught that homosexuality is a morally legimate lifestyle.
* Update: Bob Enyart continues to distribute, directly and through agents, an illegal flyer, most recently at Denver's People's Fair, and on May 30th, at the Colorado State Capitol giving copies of the contraband to Governor Bill Ritter's staff and to officers with the Colorado State Police. (You can download the IllegalEnyartFlyer here.).
* Urgent Request: Bob Enyart Live has been so involved in fighting the culture war, that over the past months, Bob has overlooked the financial stability of his own radio outreach. If you value the biblical teaching and influence BEL brings to our world, please consider a sacrificial one-time or monthly donation to BEL, or subscribing to a BEL resource, or purchasing the Enyart Library (greatly improved from the photo to include only CDs and DVDs) or some of the fascinating BEL books, DVDs, and Bible Study resources!
* Please Help with a Personhood Project: If you can, please volunteer to help on one of these projects:
- Team131: "If you're able to spend at least five hours at your PC helping with a vital online project!" -Bob
- Travel: if you can travel outside the state, in July or August, for a few days and cover your own expenses, Bob will be traveling on very important out-of-state missions in support of Colorado's personhood amendment effort! Would you like to go? If so, please let ARTL know at 1-888-888-ARTL!
- Metro Team: if you're able to come out occasionally for an important project in the Denver area, please let Donna at CRTL know!
* Drive Denver's Truth Truck: Colorado Right To Life's Truth Truck coordinator, Vick Lopez, wants to know if you (yes, you!) can volunteer to drive. Please call CRTL at 303 753-9394 if you think you can drive their standard transmission Truth Truck on a two-hour route once every week or two!
* Collaborators Project Signup: Please consider signing up for the CollaboratorsProject.com email updates!
Today's Resources: Please help BEL continue to reach more people! We need your help today! By subscribing to the Monthly Sermons resource, every month the U.S. Mail will deliver Bob's sermons to your door. Also, you can consider subscribing to the BEL Televised Classics on DVD (to see the educational and often hilarious, and sometimes intense, episodes from Bob's nationally syndicated TV show). And you can subscribe to our monthly Bible Study Albums, or our monthly topical Videos! In fact, you could also sign up to donate monthly to BEL. These resource subscriptions will help you grow spiritually and intellectually! So many have reported that the biblical knowledge they gain from these resources is so practical that it has helped them improve: their marriages and other relationships, parenting and grand-parenting, work relationships, evangelizing, and so many general life skills! And of course, subscribing to one or more of these services will not only help you, at the same time you will be helping KGOV continue to reach more people with our biblically-based worldview!