* Alfred Russel Wallace and Charles Darwin: Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews science historian professor Michael Flannery on the two fathers of evolution theory and natural selection, Alfred Russel Wallace and Charles Darwin. To reinforce current scientific dogma, most or all attention is typically given to Darwin with Wallace’ role downplayed because he rejected Darwin’s methodological naturalism, showing that rejection of materialism is not a science stopper. See especially AlfredWallace.org.
* Darwin Systematically Failed to Credit Other Scientists: For the documentation showing that Charles Darwin "borrowed", or more accurately, plagerized, other scientists to popularize the significant aspects of "Darwinism", please see creation.com/darwin-plagiarism.
* Evolutionary Naturalism is an Ancient Idea: RSR friend Dr. Jerry Bergman presents a great review of the pre-Darwin ancient beliefs in naturalistic origin of species. Most evolutionists will be shocked to learn the historical information, documented in Bergman's paper, that corroborates the strongest claim, bolded here, in his abstract:
The theory of biological evolution is not a modern idea as is often supposed. Organic evolution was first taught by the Greeks at least as early as the 7th century BC. Greek philosophers probably borrowed and adapted their evolutionary ideas from the Hindus, who believed that souls transformed from one animal to another until they reached a perfection state called nirvana. Charles Darwin allegedly made no contributions to the development of the theory of evolution by natural selection, but simply helped to popularize it. Evolutionists today argue that evolution is a modern idea (i.e. a product of scientific research), in part as an effort to lend credibility to their worldview.
* Chronological Antiquities: On a related topic, Bob Enyart adds the following quote (conveniently also available at Google Books) which he found while reading his copy of a book from 1752 by John Jackson:
The oldest Phoenician, Chaldean, and Egyptian Histories of the World, and all their Theogony, were mixed with Allegory and Fable, which were intended to disguise and palliate the public idolatrous Worship of deified Men and Women, by ascribing their History to physical Causes and mundame Elements.
* Add to this Show Summary: Bob Enyart Live and Real Science Radio are always looking for volunteers to help in many different ways. For example, if you'd like to add to this (and perhaps other) "show summaries", by beefing them up with more particulars, quotes, links to interview subjects, etc., covered in the programs themselves, then please click to "Volunteer" and make sure to indicate "writing" as something you'd like to help with. Thanks so much! -Bob Enyart
* Darwin on the 10-pound British Note: The British people love Darwin because they hate God. (See rsr.org/darwin.)