* Hawking Fears Global Warming: So, he says, let's go to the Moon! Or even Mars! "Life on Earth is at the ever-increasing risk of being wiped out by a disaster such as sudden global warming..." The end-of-the-world doomsayer atheist Stephen Hawking wants mankind to respond to global warming and other apocalyptic fears (like nuclear war) by colonizing the Moon, evidently forgetting that the Moon can be hit by nukes, lacks oxygen, lacks liquid water, and has a daytime temperature of over 200 degrees (107 C). Of course it is the Sun that is source of Earth's global warming, and because Mars is 50 million miles further from our Sun, its temperature ranges from 1 degree F down to 178 below! So Hawking suggests that (questionable) concerns over what has been a customary one degree fluctuation in the Earth's temperature should cause us to flee into about 200 degrees, above and below zero. And if warming really is a threat, why does Hawking overlook the safer havens of Antarctica, Greenland and Siberia? 2015 Update: Humanity must colonize other planets to survive. Yet the closest exoplanet, Alpha Centauri Bb, is nearly 80,000 years away, even for an unmanned craft traveling at 38,000 miles per hour, which is NASA's fastest current speed furthest from the sun.
* Hawking Fears Aliens: Now, Stephen Hawking is urging mankind: "Don't talk to the aliens!" Why not? They may be mean! Like on Star Trek, no? Or even like on Lost in Space, no? And meanwhile, it turns out that if Stephen Hawking agrees with mainstream atheist thought on astrobiology, as always seems the case, the he joins the millions, in an amazing twist of irony, of atheists who actually do believe in the flying spaghetti monster! :) So because they're dangerous, Don't talk to the aliens! says Hawking, except for when he teams up with a billionaire to aggressively seek them out. They're going out to knock on doors even more fervently than Jehovah's Witnesses! :)
* Hawking Fears Artificial Intelligence: Stephen Hawking said in May 2014 ys that we must not dismiss the danger that "highly intelligent machines" may present. The fact that machines have no awareness and never will, and that we speak of artificialintelligence because they have no actual intelligence, seems to be overlooked by the popular doomsayer. Hawking returned to this fear again in December, saying to the BBC that he was worried about creating machines that could think. That is a form of paranoia, since of course computers cannot and never will be able to think. He said also that, "Once humans develop artificial intelligence, it would take off on its own and re-design itself at an ever increasing rate," and: "Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn't compete and would be superceded".
* Hawking Fears the Higgs Boson: Really. Hawking simply worries too much. He must be fearing his own mortality, because afterall, without God, the end-of-the-world atheist prophet astrophysicist Stephen Hawking has only despair. Please pray for him.
Flashback: * Hawking's Circular Reasoning Exposed on Origins: Hawking says, for example, that the matter of the universe came from energy borrowed from the gravitational energy of the universe, to which Enyart asks, "What universe?" If Christianity is true (i.e., if Jesus rose from the dead, 1 Cor. 15:17), then it is likely that it will be simple to refute even the most brilliant scientist's claim that he can explain how the universe originated apart from God. So enters Prof. Hawking who helps us test this theological observation. Stephen Hawking alleges that God did not create the universe but that gravity did. In his famous speech Origin of the Universe Hawking asked, "So, where did the energy come from, to create the matter? The answer is, that it was borrowed, from the gravitational energy of the universe." To this any observer should ask, "What universe?" In the atheist origins camp, as happens generally even at elite levels, Hawking is assuming the existence of that which he is claiming to explain. If you are claiming to explain the origin of the universe, you cannot appeal to the universe itself. That is called cheating. And Hawking claims that the laws of physics produced the universe even though 1) Big Bang cosmology claims that those laws did not exist prior to nor in the first instant after the Big Bang; and 2) laws can't do anything. For example, the law of the conservation of angular momentum doesn't make anything and doesn't start anything moving. Newton's laws of motion don't make billiard balls move on a table but rather, they are used to explain the movements that do occur.
* Hawking Says Our Whole World Is Insignficant, So How About Handicapped People? If handicapped people are insignificant, then how about blacks? Children? The euthanizing of countless infirmed people since the rise of social Darwinist governments is a result of those who claim that human beings are merely animals living on an insignificant speck in the universe. Stephen Hawking doesn't know it, but he will stand again. And he'll wish otherwise. Because this time, he'll be standing before God. Long before Hawking came out as an atheist, he had claimed: "We are such insignificant creatures on a minor planet of a very average star on the outer suburbs of one of a hundred thousand million galaxies. So it is difficult to believe in a God that would care about us or even notice our existence."
* Hawking's Alien Warnings vs BEL's Crime Warnings: More Chicagoans have been murdered so far this year, 2010, than American soldiers have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Bob explains why.
* The Fish Wars: (moving on from Hawking to Dawkins) Atheists and evolutionists widely desecrate the Christian fish symbol by putting legs on it to symbolize evolution. Dr. Thomas Lessl of the University of Georgia researched the motivations and was told, "I did it to annoy the Christian right wing, since they are fond of putting the fish/Christ symbols on their cars..." and "Creationists are [expletive]... Humans are no better than chickens [BE: How does he know, has he tasted them?]... earthworms... algae or infectious salmonella..." [BE: Britain’s Prince Philip of the Worldwide Fund for Nature even wishes to be an infectious germ, saying that he would like to be reincarnated as a "killer virus to lower human population levels." Prince HIVlip, perhaps?] Dr. Lessl commented, "By inserting Darwin's name in the place of the fish icon usually reserved for Christ, the icthus symbol is ritually profaned."
Christians of course have responded with a larger Jesus fish eating the Darwin fish. And BEL adds to the mix an alien fish standing on end bearing Dawkins' name to illustrate the atheist's claim in the documentary Expelled that microbiology may provide evidence that life on earth may be the result of intelligent design from somewhere out there in the universe! Richard Dawkins added that such an alien species would most likely have evolved by some Darwinian mechanism. He seemed unaware, as atheists tend to be, that this claim merely punts the issue of origins, since the origin of life on an another planet would face the same dilemma as life arising on earth. Yet atheists commonly put hope in aliens with no logical defense of their blind faith.
* The Old Testament Teaches a Plurality in the Godhead: A theme of Scripture is that two or three witnesses are needed to establish the truth of a matter. In Genesis 1:1 Moses used a plural subject, Elohim, with a singular verb, so that a hyper-literal translation would be: "the gods, he created..." Did Moses make a grammatical error in the first sentence of the first book of Scripture, in what has become the most well-known sentence in the history of the world? No, this teaches from the onset of God's Word that the one God is a plurality. Then Genesis 1:26 says, "Let Us make man in Our image." The Jewish prayer from Deuteronomy 6:4, the Shema: "The Lord our God, the Lord is One" uses the Hebrew word for one of plurality as in, "the people are one," "the nation speaks with one voice," etc. That central passage of Scripture does not the use the Hebrew word for one which means a singularity, but the One of plurality. The text says: the Jehovah (one) our Elohim (plural) Jehovah is a plural unity, which refers to the Trinity! This Shema Yisroel does not use the expected term yachid, for a singularity of one (or even the similar Hebrew term bad), but the word is echad, one in plurality. In fact, the Hebrew Scriptures never once use the primary term for a singularity, yachid, to refer to God. Echad was used by God before the Tower of Babel, "the people are one," and by Joseph "the dreams of Pharaoh are one," and by Moses, "the people answered with one voice," and back again to the beginning of Genesis at the institution of marriage, "and they shall become one flesh."
* Hawking's At It Again... Now It's Time Travel: As the physicist version of a populist politician, Hawking gloms on to whatever fiction (global warming, aliens, sentient robots) has arrested the minds of the masses, and promotes himself by it. In 2016 now it's time travel. Really. (The man has been seeing too much of Will Robertson in Lost in Space. Yet so easily he could learn so much more about time.)
* Please Help BEL: Bob Enyart Live continues the battle to keep broadcasting on KLTT Radio. If you listen in Denver, (or anywhere else) call the station and encourage them keep Bob on the air! Then subscribe to one of Bob’s monthly resources or make a donation to do your part to preserve Godly Truth on the radio.
* Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.
* Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!