Republican Judicial Crisis
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* The Republican Judicial Crisis: As late as August 2016, Rush Limbaugh, James Dobson, Sean Hannity, et al., have continued to mislead Americans to believe that it has been Democratic judges that have ruined America. The truth is that as a nation we have hardly survived the destruction brought about by our "own" Republican judges. Unless our goal as "conservative", "pro-life" Americans is to destroy our nation, then the last thing we'd need is more Republican judges. Here is a small list of the immoral havoc they have unleased on our land:
Republican U.S. Supreme Court Judges
- Republican U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun wrote Roe v. Wade.
- The 7-to-2 Roe v. Wade ruling was approved with a Republican majority of five votes.
- Republican Chief Justice John Roberts voted to uphold the socialist, pro-abortion Obamacare.
- The Republican justices on the Court accept the central claim of Roe that the baby in not a person.
- The Republican majority on the court from 1973 to 2016 has rejected the right to life of the unborn child.
Other Republican Federal Judges
- In 2016 a G.W. Bush Republican judge "orders" Ohio to fund Planned Parenthood
- A G.W. Bush judge rendered the "Dover" ruling with its mocking hatred of Christians who believe in the Creator.
- All six Republican judges on the 11th circuit (per Reagan, Bush Sr. & George W. Bush) voted to kill Terri Schiavo.
- Republican “pro-life” heroine Priscilla Owen voted to abort “Baby 10” as a Texas Supreme Court judge.
- Republican “pro-life” hero Samuel Alito sided with Planned Parenthood in 3rd-circuit rulings to keep PBA legal.
- Republican judges ruled to take God out of the pledge of allegiance.
- A Republican judge ruled that child pornography is legal if it is created with computer animation.
- A Republican judge ruled that a convicted child molester has the right to give away balloons to kids at a park.
* Colorado RTL Recommended Resolutions
Republican Judicial Crisis Resolution
WHEREAS, seven of the nine current United States Supreme Court Justices have been nominated by Republican Presidents; and
WHEREAS, Justice Clarence Thomas has written his opinion that he would allow the government to permit the killing of unborn children; and
WHEREAS, Justice Antonin Scalia has publicly stated that he would strike down any law that prohibited abortion in all fifty states; and
WHEREAS, not a single justice on the Republican U.S. Supreme Court defends the personhood and right to life of the unborn; and
WHEREAS, the pro-abortion Roe v. Wade decision was written by a Republican Justice, and
WHEREAS, Roe. v. Wade was passed by a Republican majority on the U.S. Supreme Court, and
WHEREAS sixty percent of the United States federal judiciary has been nominated by Republican presidents; and
WHEREAS the federal judiciary is overwhelming pro-abortion, now, therefore
BE IT RESOLVED by the Colorado Republican Party that we recognize a moral crisis in the federal judiciary, and that our own Colorado Republican Party and our National Republican Party are significantly to blame for America's judicial moral crisis, and that to address this crisis, the Colorado Republican Party should support personhood and the God-given right to life of the unborn as the strategy toward ending legitimized child killing in America.
Post-show update: From four years ago check our our kgov.com/morality-in-media-and-repub-justices and from eight years later see at ChristianNews.net, From Roe to Obamacare, Are Republican-Appointed Judges Ruling As You Think? And check out Bob hosting American Right To Life's groundbreaking documentary series, Focus on the Strategy embedded right with shocking statements from a Focus on the Family staff member, Salem radio host Hugh Hewitt, LifeNews publisher Steve Ertelt, talk host Laura Ingraham, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, and finally, Dr. James Dobson, all caught making the most terrible claims. And see the Focus II cameo appearances from ARTL friends including Notre Dame law professor Charles Rice, Ambassador Alan Keyes, Columbine dad Brian Rohrbough, Life Dynamic's Mark Crutcher, American Life League president Judie Brown, and founding board member of Nat'l RTL and Americans United for Life John Archibold:
WHEREAS, the God-given right to life from our Creator comes not at birth but at our creation; and
WHEREAS, the state of Mississippi unleashed the "legitimized" killing of unborn children on America in 1966 using the brutality of rape as an excuse, and Colorado then extended that state's crime in 1967 by "legalizing" abortion for rape, incest, and health excuses; and
WHEREAS, in the past twenty seconds, an unborn child in America was killed by a surgical or chemical abortion; and
WHEREAS, in the pro-abortion Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision Republican Justice Harry Blackmun wrote that if "personhood is established, the [abortion] case, of course, collapses, for the fetus' right to life would then be guaranteed... The [pro-abortion side] conceded as much on reargument"; now, therefore,
BE IT RESOLVED by the Colorado Republican Party that we support the 2008 personhood amendment sponsored by Colorado for Equal Rights to define "person" to include any human being from the moment of fertilization.
* Colorado Super Tuesday Ideas: Today's BEL program discusses great caucus resolutions to introduce; the Weitz Super Bowl party; terrorists cutting Mideast Internet cables; homosexuals fouling San Francisco Bay; global warming burying American northwest, Japan & China in snow; a mouse that caught his death of cold; and an Abercrombie store manager hit with an obscenity citation! Also, if you appreciate this radio show, please give sacrificially to support us financially during our annual BEL February telethon by calling us at 800-8Enyart or giving online!
* Ideas for Your Primary or Caucus: Vote for Alan Keyes! And do not vote for Mitt Romney or any other candidate who promotes or is willing to tolerate the intentional killing of innocent children. Leslie Hanks, v. p. of Colorado RTL called in to suggest, if you go to a caucus, here are suggestions that may even spark ideas in other states:
Colorado Right To Life urges everyone to go to their local precinct caucus (i.e. neighborhood meeting) Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. Things to do while there:
* introduce the two resolutions below;
* volunteer to be elected as delegate to your county convention;
* bring a personhood petition to collect signatures.
To vote you must have been registered by Dec. 4, 2007. Click to go to ColoGOP.org or ColoradoDems.org website to find out where your local caucus is being held. Suggestions: Arrive a bit early (6:50 p.m.). Find out if the group tends toward liberal views (by bringing up the war, education, health care, etc.)
If the group is conservative:
* introduce the two resolutions below to be voted on (bring one or two print outs of each resolution)
* ask to be elected as a delegate to your county convention (to be held between Feb. 20 and March 17)
* if you have a personhood petition ask folks for signatures.
If the group is liberal, then only:
* ask to be elected to go to the county caucus ("I'm willing to be a delegate to the county caucus; I support Republican values of small government and low taxes, etc. Or I support Democratic values of equal rights for all people, etc.).
* Weitz Super Bowl party: From their CP website along with great photos: "The Collaborators Project drew a crowd of 50 people at the home of Gary Meggison, the Senior VP of The Weitz Company Rocky Mountain. This gathering marked the first event since The Weitz Co. obtained Permanent Collaborator Status for failing to stop constructing America's largest abortion facility. Pro-lifers from all over the state of Colorado showed their persistence and dedication to protecting the unborn by increasing the social tension that has all but disappeared in this country, despite the slaughter of thousands of innocent babies each day. The time of food, fun and fellowship was topped off with excellent hot dogs, brats and even buffalo dogs. One pro-lifer, Grandma Connie, brought spinach Stromboli and eggplant parmesan. The pro-lifers considered this one of the best Super Bowl parties they have ever attended, and of course, all for a good cause. And as reported at YourHub.com for Lakewood Colorado: "On Sunday February 3, 2008 the Pro Life Group held a Super Bowl Block Party in front of the Meggison home. They had about 50 people show up. They listened to the football game and had a barbecue in the back of a pickup truck serving hamburgers and hot dogs and all of the trimmings. Their motto is "NO CHILD KILLING WITH TRANQUILITY" and to that end they have protested in front of several of the Weitz Company executives and they plan on continuing the strategy indefinitely. The 24 year old, Will, has stated that he has dedicated his life to eliminating abortion in the United States. Watch for the print edition of the Rocky Mountain News this Thursday, Feb. 7th, for a story about the Collaborators Project Super Bowl Party!"
* Terrorists Cut Third Mideast Internet Cable: A third undersea Internet cable has been damaged in the Middle East, adding to the disruption in online services after two other lines were cut earlier this week, a cable operating firm said....
* Homosexuals Fouling San Francisco Bay: Two and a half million gallons of sewage has spilled into San Francisco Bay from a treatment plant and health officials are warning the public to avoid touching water...
* Mouse Catches Cold: Scientists genetically engineer mouse to create lab creature on which to research treatments and cures for the common cold. Bob Enyart adds, "Just don't let the thing escape the lab, because then we'd end up with a billion mice sneezing germs all over us!"
* Abercrombie Obscenity Citation: Virginia Beach police seized store-front posters and gave an obscenity citation to a Abercrombie and Fitch store manager and pervert (sorry for the redundancy). "This kind of restores your hope in mankind..."
* Post-show Errata: Bob was remembering back thirty-five years ago to when the Miami Dolphins, after an undefeated season, played the College All-Stars in pre-season on July 27, 1973. Bob wrongly stated that Miami lost, when actually they won, 14 to 3. However, online game reports do indicate that despite the loss, the All-Stars outplayed the Dolphins throughout most of the game.
Today's Resource: If you subscribe to the BEL Televised Classics, you will be able to watch one of the shows just transferred from studio beta tape to DVD, titled, Bob Debates Evolution. It's a classic in and of itself. Click on the Subscription Department in the BEL Store, or call us at 800-8Enyart to subscribe to Bob's Topical Videos, or the BEL Televised Classics, or what our longtime listeners tell us is the best resource ever created by Bob Enyart Live, our Monthly Bible Study Albums!