* Evolution or Origin of Human Language: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss the expert evolutionists whose research and conclusions disprove Darwin's own theory of the evolution of language from animal grunts to human speech! Bob and Fred celebrate Dr. Jerry Bergman's article, Evolution and the Origin of Human Language! For example Darwin has been proved wrong in his belief that:
- some languages are 'primitive'
- and that animal grunts can be shown to be steps toward language
- and that evidence of language evolution would exist.
Instead, as Bob and Fred present the conclusions of some of the world's leading linguists such as Edward Sapir and MIT's Noam Chomsky, primitive languages do not exist and no evidence of the evolution of language has been found! Human language is another great argument in favor of creation and against evolution.
* RSR - Languages II: Hear the conclusion on next Friday's program!
* 15% of BEL February Telethon: Help Bob Enyart continue to present news from a biblical perspective and broadcast the truth of God's Word to thousands and thousands of people hungry to know Jesus Christ and His principles. The KGOV staff is thankful that so far, our listeners have given 15% of our $20,000 goal to keep Bob broadcasting through 2009! Please give online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart! Please help!
Today's Resource: (2017: For new links, go to store.kgov.com.) For our February BEL Broadcast Telethon, save $20 on any two Bible Study albums for a gift of $50 (normally $69.98) and save more than $50 on any four BEL resources (including The Plot, etc.) for a gift of $100 to help Bob Enyart stay on the air for another year! You can browse our online KGOV Store to select the titles you are most interested in, and then please call 1-800-8Enyart to order, or send a check to Bob Enyart Live, PO Box 583, Arvada CO 80001. Also get the second month FREE if you sign up for any of our Subscription Services (like our BEL Televised Classics), and SAVE up to $150 if you mention the telethon to get 10% off our Enyart Library (one of everything!), the BEL Audio Library, or the BEL Video Library!
...the Sumerians were... the first to create that civilization which the Babylonians had inherited.
Whence did they come? It is hard to say. [RSR: only because of bias against Genesis.] Their language cannot with certainty be connected with any of the known families. ...one and the same term k u r was used by them to designate... a "foreign land." And it is quite natural that a people inhabiting plains and lowlands should associate the idea of a "mountain" with that of a "foreign land." [RSR: Including of course Ararat.] In the Egyptian script, the character signifying a "foreign land" has the likeness of a mountain. The same association of ideas is to be found in the Sumerian script where, for example, the "slave" is represented by an ideogram consisting of two elements, of whom the one signifies a "man" and the other one a "mountain"; to the Sumerians the slave was "the man of the mountain," that is "the stranger." This example and other ones, which may easily be produced, show that at the time when they formed their script, the Sumerians were already since long inhabitants of the plains. All this goes to show that Sumerian civilization was not imported but grew out of its soil.
The Sumerians called their country K e n g i. By that term they designated the southern half of the territory which became later Babylonia. The other half, which they called U r i or K i - u r i, was, since the beginning of the historical times, inhabited by a people speaking a Semitic tongue, who had received their civilization from the Sumerians. Hence the North and the South were opposed to each other, not by their civilization but by their language. [RSR: Think of the Tower of Babel.] In the second quarter of the third millennium, a Semite of the North, SARGON the First, king of the town of Accad, consolidated the two countries under his sceptre and became the founder of the first strongly unified empire. The probability is that the practice of designating the Semites of the North by the name of "Accadians" goes back to that dynasty. ...
It seems certain that the Sumerians were the first Asiatic [RSR: Hamitic] people to rise to the stage of a civilization based upon the knowledge of writing. Their culture, remarkable by its homogeneity and originality... has... penetrated into our times and our life.
* And continuing...