RSR: Jonathan Sarfati vs. Richard Dawkins
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Dr. Jonathan Sarfati on this Special Edition of Real Science Radio: The world's #1 creation author Dr. Sarfati takes on the world's #1 evolution author Richard Dawkins in the battle of the books. Dawkin's latest book, The Greatest Show on Earth is refuted by Sarfati's The Greatest Hoax on Earth! In this chat with Dr. Sarfati, BEL's producer re-airs a caller from 1997 who asked about Dawkins and Bob pointed out then that in all Dawkins' books, this famous atheist doesn't give evidence for evolution: he only assumes it is true. Dr. Sarfati agrees and quotes from Dawkins own book in which he admits that he had never given the evidence for evolution. Huh! [Update: In December BEL spliced audio of Dawkins admitting this with our 1997 caller. See it below or on YouTube: Dawkins Proves Creationist Right.)
* Dawkins' Thoughts About Aliens Are Revealing: This is hardly novel, because forensic scientists routinely distinguish between intent and natural causes. But in the excerpt transcribed just below it's fun to see Richard Dawkins, who eschews Intelligent Design, admit that molecular biology may very well be able to identify intentional design in living organisms. Dawkins claims about aliens implies much about alien physiology which seems to undermine the claim that Darwinism is theoretically falsifiable. Consider these two points. First, on Intelligent Design, in Ben Stein's movie Expelled, Dawkins admits that molecular biology could provide the evidence that life on earth was intelligently designed. And if so...
(1) Richard Dawkins' Aliens Validate the Intelligent Design Effort when he said about the origin of life on earth:
"It could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time somewhere in the universe a civilization evolved, by probably some kind of Darwinian means, to a very, very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose that it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry and molecular biology. You might find a signature of some sort of designer… And that designer could well be a higher intelligence from elsewhere in the universe." -Dawkins
So Dawkins actually says about life on earth that it could be that it may have originated from a higher intelligence, from somewhere in outer space, with aliens who seeded life on earth. Yet that is what ruins scientists careers and even gets them fired: for saying that genetic evidence might indicate that life did not merely arise on earth but was put here by some intelligent agent. And Dawkins is the world's leading evolutionist, and we have him on film admitting the reasonableness of Intelligent Design. Huh! Dawkins' own complaint about his alien segment is stretched to the absurd by his fellow spin-control atheists who have taken his paraphrase of Stein's question to mean that Stein's actual question was edited out of the film. Oh brother. In reality, Dawkins was engaged in his discussion with Ben Stein. Attending a movie marathon, Bob Enyart watched that scene 15 times, and it is obvious that Richard Dawkins was not manipulated or misquoted. Rather, he showed surprising candor when he admitted that the complexity observed by molecular biologists could be evidence that life on earth originated from a higher intelligence. And like Francis Crick, when Dawkins says that life on earth might be too complex to arise here by chance, then he is just punting when he guesses that it could have originated somewhere else.
(2) Richard Dawkins' Alien Evolution Disproves Darwinist Falsifiability: Ostensibly, an alien life form anywhere in the universe (or in the fantasized multiverse) might have no similarity with terrestrial biology, perhaps not even being based on amino acids, sugars, nor even carbon atoms. Thus predictions (which are the stuff of hard science) as used by evolution scientists have no actual real-world specificity, so they cannot even theoretically falsify Darwin's central claim. For in practice, evolution "theory" is pliable enough to account for any observations even if imaginary, like alien physiology. Thus it is treated like a philosophy and not an actual, falsifiable scientific theory.
For example, Darwinist Barry D. Davis in Molecular genetics and the foundations of evolution fabricated a "prediction" of evolution after the fact, a "prediction" falsified and shown to be just an illusion by Dawkins' aliens:
...the finding of the same genetic code in microbes, plants and animals (except for minor variations in intracellular organelles) spectacularly confirms a strong evolutionary prediction. -B. D. Davis, Perspectives in Biology and Medicine, 1985. (more...; See also Bob Enyart's peer-reviewed Dobzhansky: Forty Years Later Nothing Makes Sense.)
Darwinist origin-of-life researchers too falsified claims of such fulfilled "predictions" by typically denying that DNA even existed in the first reproducing organisms, as Dawkins himself admits on page 261 of Climbing Mount Improbable: "The original replicator probably was not DNA. We don’t know what it was..." (Like many atheists, RSR sparring partner atheist AronRa avoids discussions of the origin of both the universe and of life. After all, the field of abiogenesis is basically dead, losing its initial excitement after following its early hypotheses to their logical dead ends and now languishing with few new ideas, less excitement, virtually no funding, and a total lack of consensus.)
* Aliens Didn't Make Humans, Humans Made Aliens: Atheists claim that, "God didn't make man, man made God." However, belief in aliens is undeniably a man-made thing. Further, many atheists say that aliens made man. So, atheists are doing exactly what they falsely accuse Christians of.
* Meanwhile, the World's Leading Atheist Cosmologist Goes Insane: First, end-of-the-world doomsday prophet astrophysicist Stephen Hawking wants mankind to respond to the problems of global warming by colonizing the Moon or Mars evidently forgetting that the Moon's daytime temperature is over 200 degrees (107 C) and that neither location has liquid water or oxygen. The Sun is Earth's source of global warming, and because Mars is 50 million miles further from our Sun, its temperature ranges from 1 degree F down to 178 below! So mankind should flee from a temporary one degree increase in the Earth's temperature into about 200 degrees, above and below zero, and say good-bye to liquid water and oxygen. And if global warming is so threatening, why does Hawking overlook the more logical safe havens of Antarctica, Greenland and Siberia?
* Hawking Thinks Aliens Are Monsters: Next, Stephen Hawking urges mankind: "Don't talk to the aliens!" Why not? Well, they may be mean! No? So if aliens land, say, in your front yard, or on main street, just encourage your neighbors to walk around them and by all means, avoid eye contact. 2011 Update: Aliens may destroy humanity [for global warming], say scientists [who are from Penn State and affiliated with NASA in a peer-reviewed journal]. Really.
* Please Help BEL: Bob Enyart Live continues the battle to keep broadcasting on KLTT Radio. If you listen in Denver, (or anywhere else) call the station and encourage them keep Bob on the air! Then subscribe to one of Bob’s monthly resources or make a donation to do your part to preserve Godly Truth on the radio.
* The Christian Fish Flashback: Atheists and evolutionists widely desecrate the Christian fish symbol by putting legs on it to symbolize evolution. Dr. Thomas Lessl of the University of Georgia researched the motivations and was told, "I did it to annoy the Christian right wing, since they are fond of putting the fish/Christ symbols on their cars..." and "Creationists are [expletive]... Humans are no better than chickens [BE: How does he know, has he tasted them?]... earthworms... algae or infectious salmonella..." Dr. Lessl commented, "By inserting Darwin's name in the place of the fish icon usually reserved for Christ, the icthus symbol is ritually profaned."
Christians of course have responded with a larger Jesus fish eating the Darwin fish. And BEL adds to the mix an alien fish standing on end bearing Dawkins' name to illustrate the atheist's claim in the documentary Expelled that microbiology may provide evidence that life on earth is the result of intelligent design from somewhere out there in the universe! Richard Dawkins added that such an alien species would most likely have evolved by some Darwinian mechanism. He seemed unaware, as atheists tend to be, that this claim merely punts the issue of origins, since the origin of life on an another planet would face the same dilemma as life arising on earth. Yet atheists commonly put hope in aliens with no logical defense of their blind faith.
Post-show Note: ID Movement's Brief Analysis of Dawkin's Greatest Show: Check out Casey Luskin's interesting article, Dawkin's Greatest Show Shies Away from ID, Vindicates Behe.
* Enyart's Creationist Claim from 1997 Eventually Confirmed By Richard Dawkins: On national TV, Bob Enyart claimed that Richard Dawkins' books never presented any evidence for evolution but only the assumption that evolution were true. A dozen years later, Dawkins admits that in all of his previous books, he only assumed, but did not provide evidence for evolution. That vindicates Bob Enyart's direct statement to a caller who recommended that Bob read Dawkins (which Bob had done, but which the caller had not). See it unfold:
Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.
Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? You’ll love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine that features the writings of Dr. Sarfati!
BEL Topical Videos
Bible Studies (Audio)
Bible Studies (Video)
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library
RSR: Lawrence Krauss with a Young Earther
RSR: List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
RSR: Carbon 14 Everywhere It Shouldn't Be
Stephen Meyer & Darwin's Doubt on RSR
RSR's List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
RSR's Enyart vs. Eugenie Scott on Junk DNA
RSR's 2014 List of Not So Old Things
RSR: Jonathan Sarfati on Richard Dawkins
Real Science Radio: Origin of Language
RSR: Steve Austin on Mt. St Helens in Studio
Enyart Debates Hannam on Theistic Evolution
RSR: Planets and Spike Psarris vs. Phil Plait