RSR: Where's that Blue Star Assembly Line?
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Blue Stars Burn Out So Quickly: Real Science Friday co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart discuss two articles in Ken Ham's current Answers magazine, one on the problem for evolutionists on the "replacement" of short-lived blue stars, and the other on the seeming permanence of "living fossils," all the many creatures that are identical to fossils that formed supposedly many millions of years ago.
* ICR Update: From the great article by Brian Thomas: Young Blue Stars Found in the Universe: "The Hubble Space Telescope, which had been programmed to search for planets, has found 42 'oddball' blue stars in the Milky Way galaxy. ...the discovery of nearby blue stars presents a particular problem for standard long-age cosmologies. Blue stars should not exist in a universe that is 13.7 billion years old, because they should have burned out billions of years ago. University of South Carolina astronomer Danny Faulkner recently noted, "In fact, the hottest blue stars could last only a few million years at best. Both creationists and evolutionists acknowledge this fact."
* Journal Nature Update: A December 2012 paper, "Dynamical age differences... as revealed by blue stragglers". Ha! Check it out there or on page 11 of Creation magazine's great 2013 Fall issue! Twenty one star clusters, all allegedly at least 10.5 billion years old, have blue stars, EVERYWHERE they shouldn't be. Love it! (What do you think? Should we add this to our Not So Old list and our rsr.org/evidence-against-the-big-bang?)
Today’s Resource: Getting a science DVD, debate, or book from us will help with our BEL telethon! Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine and Ken Ham's Answers magazine! Or to order call BEL at 1-800-8Enyart.
For our RSR Friends: in case you miss other BEL programs, here are some of the atheists Bob Enyart has debated:
- ABC's Reginald Finley, called The Infidel Guy, from ABC's Wife Swap program; 3-26-07;
- TheologyOnLine's psychologist Zakath in a 10-round moderated written online debate, also available in soft cover;
- John Henderson who wrote the book God.com 6-15-2006;
- Carlos Morales, Fox News, Huffington Post, etc. reports on U of Texas atheists Bible-turn in program, president of Atheist Agenda 7-14-10
- Freedom from Religion Foundation founder Dan Barker (put the atheist sign near the Nativity at the capitol in Seattle) who was involved with the ministry of Kathryn Kuhlman, one of a group of so-called faith healers. (See a BEL listener who initially compared Bob to Benny Hinn until...) The BEL show was on 12-11-08;
- Leading anti-creationist Eugenie Scott of the Nat'l Center for Science Education, exhumed 5-6-05;
- I Sold My Soul on eBay author Hemant Mehta talks with Bob about gullibility 12-14-10
- Michael Shermer, an editor with Scientific American and the Skeptic Society who in this famous 73-second excerpt on BEL denied that the sun is a light, illustrating that it's tough debating atheists when they're hesitant to admit to even the most obvious common ground. 8-28-03
BEL Topical Videos
Bible Studies (Audio)
Bible Studies (Video)
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library
RSR: Lawrence Krauss with a Young Earther
RSR: List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
RSR: Carbon 14 Everywhere It Shouldn't Be
Stephen Meyer & Darwin's Doubt on RSR
RSR's List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
RSR's Enyart vs. Eugenie Scott on Junk DNA
RSR's 2014 List of Not So Old Things
RSR: Jonathan Sarfati on Richard Dawkins
Real Science Radio: Origin of Language
RSR: Steve Austin on Mt. St Helens in Studio
Enyart Debates Hannam on Theistic Evolution
RSR: Planets and Spike Psarris vs. Phil Plait