- Landmark 2012 PNAS study: pot permanently lowers IQ
- Netherlands study of 2,000 teens show pot/psychosis link
- Schizoid Psychosis during Cannabis Intake
- Marijuana Damages DNA and May Cause Cancer
- Marijuana May Stunt Fetal Growth in 2010 Netherlands study
- Marijuana Associated with Impaired Fetal Growth in 1989 U.S. study
- A Nursing Mother Smoking Marijuana Passes the Drug to Her Child
- Cannabis Intake During Pregnancy Predicts Long-lasting Neurobehavioural Problems for the Child in 2009 European study
- Habitual Marijuana Use Strongly Associated with Car Crash Injury
- Smoking Marijuana Doubles the Risk of Fatal Accidents
- Marijuana Smoke Contains Higher Levels of Certain Toxins than Tobacco Smoke
- Marijuana Smoker Face Rapid Lung Destruction: As much as 20 Years Ahead of Tobacco Smokers
- Impact On Lungs of One Cannabis Joint Equal to Up To Five Cigarettes
- Marijuana Component Opens the Door for Virus that Causes Kaposi's Sarcoma (links to Harvard study)
- Marijuana Causes Learning and Memory Impairments from the journal Neurobiology.
- By the end of 2013 the Denver Post still hasn't come out of their stupor but at least they've begun to notice the fog. Sad but important insights on the long lasting harm from smoking pot as described by a professor from the University of Colorado's School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. (Notice though the Post uncritically quoting a pot dealer who speaks of his customers as "patients".)
You can also listen to Real Science Radio
discuss this article in 2015!
Help RSR reach page one of Google search results
for: negative effects of marijuana. To accomplish this
extremely difficult task (hopefully by the end of 2015)
please share this link kgov.com/negative-effects-of-marijuana.
Also, just click on that link to read this full article.
* Our Favorite Hair Dresser: Bob Enyart and co-host Doug McBurney enjoy this special edition of Real Science Radio and begin by examining the deep layers of socio-anthropological meaning behind a hair-dresser disarming and beating up an armed robber. :)
* RSR Supports University of Colorado Professor on Pot: Bob and Doug excerpt the Denver Post Interview with a pharmacological sciences professor discussing some of the well known science regarding the dangers of smoking marijuana, legal or not.
* Pot Heads Abuse Minor Child: Straight from our Pot-Never-Hurt-Anybody file comes this story of an Orlando couple who forced a young boy to smoke pot until he hallucinated.
* Today's TWO Resources: (1) You can listen to Nicer than God, a fast-paced critique of today's Christian teaching on the issues of forgiveness, judging, confrontation, etc. in an MP3 downloadable or CD format. Or (2), you can get a subscription to our Monthly Bible Study Album, and receive an MP3 CD album mailed to your home once per month. Nicer than God would then be just one of the worthwhile albums you will enjoy!