* Dates, Eyes, Hunting, Nice Hair, and Brains: Real Science Radio co-hosts Fred Williams, with Creation Research Society, and Bob Enyart, have a bit too much fun on this episode of Real Science Friday presenting the latest issue of Creation magazine from Fall 2010, including about:
- Fossil wood from England dated at 25,000 years by carbon-14 embedded in 183-million year old limestone
- Diamonds from Botswana carbon-14 dated at 55,000 years old mined from rock dated 2 billion years old
- Mount St. Helens rock that should date as solidifying 30 years ago but dating 350,000 to 2.8 million years old
- Geologists say Uganda lava is just thousands of years ago but it's radioactively dated at 773 million years old
- The natural selection of hunters and fisherman taking large cod and bighorn sheep are not helping but culling DNA
- Moth eyes don't reflect light, and so once that was recognized, engineers can now make better solar cells
- Geneticists are still blown away by how the genetic code is increasingly far more sophisticated than expected
- Mammal hair found in supposedly 100 million year old amber looks surprisingly "similar" to... modern hair :)
- Richard Dawkins' eyes might be wired backward, but does he sees well enough to now understand why they are?
- Swedish computer scientists want a computer to mimic the human brain, but it would be the size of the pentagon (and would fail anyway).
* KGOV's September Telethon Tally: Thank you to the 77 families who pledged $20 a month to help keep BEL online for another year! Thank you guys so very, very much. Your giving is vital to our continued outreach, and so greatly appreciated.
* Join a Weekly Literature Drop! with Bob Enyart or with another pro-life leader, or arrange a weekly lit drop in your own town ! See the details!
* Special Editions of Real Science Friday:
- BEL's famous List of Not-So-Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Radio so Bob hits back with the Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe: Evolution mag's cover story Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio: Bob talks with the Creation Research Society Quarterly editor about new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see RSR Offer of $2,000 to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 pd in 1998; $1,500 in 2010!
* For our RSR Friends: in case you miss other BEL programs, here are some of the atheists Bob Enyart has debated:
- ABC's Reginald Finley, called The Infidel Guy, from ABC's Wife Swap program; 3-26-07;
- TheologyOnLine's psychologist Zakath in a 10-round moderated written online debate, also available in soft cover;
- TOL's member who calls himself Fool; 3-28-06;
- John Henderson who wrote the book God.com 6-15-2006;
- Carlos Morales, Fox News, Huffington Post, etc. reports on U of Texas atheists Bible-turn in program, president of Atheist Agenda 7-14-10
- Freedom from Religion Foundation's Dan Barker (put the atheist sign near the Nativity at the capitol in Seattle) who was involved with the ministry of Kathryn Kuhlman, one of a group of so-called faith healers. (See a BEL listener who initially compared Bob to Benny Hinn until...) The BEL show was on 12-11-08;
- Michael Shermer, an editor with Scientific American and the Skeptic Society who in in this famous 73-second excerpt on BEL denied that the sun is a light, illustrating that it's tough debating atheists when they're hesitant to admit to even the most obvious common ground. 8-28-03
* Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine!