RSR: Saved Lakes and Snowflakes
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Saved Lakes &Snowflakes, Spiders & Migrators: Bob Enyart and co-host Fred Williams have a fun time on this episode of Real Science Radio talking through the Spring 2010 issue of Creation magazine including on:
- Dinosaurs: first they reduced the number of species by half, now, they're reducing the weight by half
- DNA: IBM looks to the brilliant design of the DNA molecule for ideas for microchips
- Spider Silk: stronger than steal, and a rope the thickness of a garden hose could lift two 737s
- Footprints on a Beach: fossilized provide more evidence like worldwide of rapid fossilization
- Birds See Magnetism: birds' beaks don't sense earth's magnetic field, but they can SEE it
* Lakes are Saved because Water Expands When Cooled: The rule of science is, generally, that materials expand when heated. But not water. The ecosystem in tens of millions of lakes is saved because water expands as it freezes. So the floating ice protects the fish! For otherwise, the ice would sink and freeze lakes from the bottom up, exposing and killing all the fish. By God's brilliant design that takes into account both physics and biology, the ice itself forms a blanket of protection keeping the water below liquid and nice and warm (for a fish that is, 32 degrees and warmer).
* Snowflake Design: Snowflake design is based on chemistry. But the information on a printed page, just like that in DNA, is NOT based on chemistry. And by the way, the man who spent 50 years on scientific research and who thereby introduced the world to the beauty of snowflakes, Willie Bentley, attributed the intricacy, wonder, and beauty of the universe, from snowflakes to galaxies, to our Creator God! Finally, years ago Bob Enyart saw photographs of man-made snowflakes (as at a ski resort) and recalls how ugly they were; RSR would love to display such photos, so if you come across any, please let us know at Bob@realscienceradio.com. Thanks!
* RMCF Presents the World's Leading Expert on the Shroud: Tonight, if you're in the Denver area, at 7 p.m. come join Bob and Fred Williams to hear Dr. John P. Jackson, probably the world's leading expert on the Shroud of Turin, as he speaks at the Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship! Dr. Jackson's extremely well-researched and robust presentation moved Bob from being a shroud skeptic to now believing that the Turin artifact may be genuine.
* May 14th Come Out to Hear Mt. St. Helen's geologist Steve Austin: and on Saturday May 15th join Dr. Austin in a field trip to Red Rocks in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains! And do you remember that Darwin's Tree of Life has been debunked by mainstream evolutionists? And do you recall RSF's stunning List of Not-So-Old Things?
Today's Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown's In the Beginning and Bob's interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You'll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez' Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media's Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart's Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott (a decade later, the scientist was COMPLETELY WRONG on this dispute, and the BIBLE-BELIEVING PASTOR turns out to be COMPLETELY RIGHT; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI's tremendous Creation magazine!
BEL Topical Videos
Bible Studies (Audio)
Bible Studies (Video)
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library
RSR: Lawrence Krauss with a Young Earther
RSR: List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
RSR: Carbon 14 Everywhere It Shouldn't Be
Stephen Meyer & Darwin's Doubt on RSR
RSR's List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
RSR's Enyart vs. Eugenie Scott on Junk DNA
RSR's 2014 List of Not So Old Things
RSR: Jonathan Sarfati on Richard Dawkins
Real Science Radio: Origin of Language
RSR: Steve Austin on Mt. St Helens in Studio
Enyart Debates Hannam on Theistic Evolution
RSR: Planets and Spike Psarris vs. Phil Plait