* Ole Anthony on Fraudulent Healers: When the U.S. Senate Finance Committee timidly investigated mega-wealthy "faith-healing" televangelists, Trinity Foundation president Ole Anthony testified, "During the 20 years of investigating these organizations we have noticed an ever increasing trend of the leaderships becoming very wealthy and more specifically a trend toward conversion of the donor funds to either inurement or conversion to for-profit activities. In some cases it is difficult if not impossible to tell the not-for-profit from the individual's personal piggy-bank or from the for-profit entity." Bob Enyart and Ole go from there to explain that the far greater harm and devastation far beyond the financial swindling of vulnerable and desperate people.
BEL Televangelist Flashbacks:
- Bob interviews Thieves author Trey Smith Evangelist Mike Murdoch Out of the Closet. And,
- Sexually Corrupt Evangelist Mike Murdoch Pt. II during which Bob and Trey talk through the tragic revelations about Mike Murdock. (Murdock was mentored by Jimmy Swaggart who was caught with a prostitute, has preached with Tammy Faye Bakker (who's husband, PTL Club founder Jim Bakker had a long-standing homosexual relationship with the hair stylist at Heritage USA), and is an associate of Daystar TV's admitted adulterer Marcus Lamb and of Benny Hinn.
- Hear 14-year old Emily from Colorado Springs asking Bob about the best way to expose fraudulent televangelists.
- Listen to BEL Caller Tries to Defend Benny Hinn.
- Read about Crow, an atheist in our audience who initially compared Bob to Benny Hinn until he became a Christian through BEL!
- See Bob's article, Miracle Dynamics. Sections of the Bible differ in how commonly they record miracles. But there is one thread that runs consistently throughout: Miracles foster unbelief. God's great miracles through Moses filled Egypt with undeniable evidence for the God of Israel (Ex. 9:27). Yet neither the Bible nor history records Egyptian repentance. (more...)
Today's Resource: Watch Terry's Call on DVD as Bob quickly unravels Terry's red herring claim, that homosexuals are living godly lives. In a series of heart touching phone calls, Terry is led to the Lord and repentance, shortly before his death from AIDS. (And notice the meaning of all the graphic elements in the artwork on the label of the DVD!)