Dec. 14, 2013 Noon - 6 p.m.
The Airport Radisson - Indianapolis, IN
At the door $25 for adults, $70 for families
* The Planet Mercury Leaves NASA Jaw-Dropping Shocked: RSR co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams have a ball talking about the amazing planet of Mercury and how, for such a small planet, it's causing such a load of trouble for the evolutionists.
- Details: Big Bang proponents can look on the bright side, where Mercury is 800 degrees Fahrenheit and 200 below zero at night. But after that, the Mercury messenger is a harbinger of bad news for evolutionary astronomers.
- Density: From its pull on NASA's 1974 Mariner space probe, we learned that Mercury's density is far beyond what evolutionary accretion could produce. So as they do with most of the planets, Big Bang proponents including theoretical physicists (with the emphasis on the theoretical, as in the RSR interview with Lawrence Krauss), appeal to catastrophism, whereby first Mercury formed in the traditional way claimed through the condensing swirling nebula (which Isaac Newton evaluated as impossible via gravity), but then a planet-level collision ejected all the light matter off of Mercury and left just the heavy stuff. Really.
- Magnetism: The claim that Mercury is four billion years old led BB proponents to predict that it would be a dead (so to speak), inert rock having no magnetic field. But in 1974, NASA's Mariner 10 spacecraft readings contradicted that fundamental evolutionary assumption, detecting a significant magnetic field. Then in 2008, NASA's Messenger craft measured the field's strength as significantly decreased, in only those few decades, which again contradicted their theory. Then in 2011, Messenger orbited the planet, and confirmed a startling (to old-earthers) 8% decrease since 1974. So, as with the Earth's rapidly decaying magnetic field, if Mercury were billions of years old, planet-wide features like it's magnetism would have reached stasis and not demonstrate such rapid change.
- Angular momentum: Mercury's rotation and orbit around the sun, as representative of the other planets, points out a huge contradiction to the most fundamental assumptions of evolutionary solar system formation. For its Sun rotates seven degrees off the ecliptic! That alone validates Isaac Newton's scientific insight against the nebula hypothesis because if it were true, then something would have to either tilt the massive sun (something rather difficult, to put it mildly, to get a handle on), or shift, as a group, the orbits of the planets. Then to pile on, when adding up the mass of Mercury and all its fellow planets, you get only about one percent of the mass of the Sun, whereas 99% of the energy of the spin of the solar system (its angular momentum) resides in the planets, with the Sun, contrary to all evolutionary expectations, has only one percent of the spin, which at least on the surface, directly contradicts the conservation of angular momentum. (And to make matters worse yet again, exoplanets and their stars appear to contradict the secondary assumptions appealed to for explaining away this one particular problem, just as exoplanets are contradicting the solar system formation theory in many ways, a theory created to explain our own system, which it fails to do at almost every point, and fails again with exoplanets.)
- Sulfur: Evolutionary theory predicts that sulfur couldn't condense that close to the sun, even way back when Mercury allegedly formed, yet there's way more sulfur on Mercury as compared to Earth's composition. As Carnegie's cosmochemist Larry Nittler said, "Most previous ideas about Mercury’s chemistry are inconsistent with what we have actually measured on the planet’s surface.” And what Larry didn't say was that those wrong ideas were based on the most fundamental claims of solar system formation. So the actual hard science, which includes the measurement of real data, should cause scientists to re-evaluate their commitment to the nebular hypothesis of planetary formation.
- Formation Barrier: While gravity can initially clump together dust and gas, small planetesimals (i.e, rocks) flying around in space tend to crash into each other and break apart rather than coalesce into larger bodies. Larger bodies significantly speed up as they approach each other, and either slingshot past one another or crash and break apart.
- Jaw-dropping Change: National Geographic quotes NASA's Messenger team member David Blewett saying, as RSR documents evolutionary scientists saying all the time regarding major observations that contradict predictions based on their most fundamental claims, "this jaw-dropping thing that nobody ever predicted," that Mercury has actively forming surface features, something judged impossible for a tiny, four-billion year old inert rock.
Thank you God for Mercury!
* Andrew Lamb's Mercury -- More Marks of Youth: This RSR program is based on two great sources! See the article in Creation magazine by Andrew Lamb on the scientific evidence that undermines the claims that Mercury is billions of years old. Bob and Fred both heartily recommend that you subscribe to Creation, and perhaps give someone a gift subscription for Christmas! And check out Spike Psarris' fabulous solary system DVD!
* UPDATE -- National Public Radio Program Suing Us: The NY Post in its Nov. 15, 2012 article, Science Radio Showdown, reports that NPR's science program producers have filed a lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court against Bob Enyart's science radio program. Bob asks, "As always, please pray for our outreach as we present to a hurting world the evidence that God created and loves us!"
* TONIGHT & THIS WEEKEND -- Jonathan Sarfati In Colorado: You are invited to join Bob in attending the Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship meeting to hear Dr. Sarfati, the world's most-popular creation scientist! Click for more info. (By the way, the book on the right is Jonathan's rebuttal of Richard Dawkins' latest evolution book.) Opportunities to see Dr. Sarfati:
- Tonight, 7 pm, Lakewood, Rocky Mtn Creation Fellowship, 2100 N. Wadsworth [record crowd]
- Sat. Nov. 10, 7 pm, Longmont, Faith Baptist Church, 833 15th Ave and Sun. Nov. 11, 9am & 10am
- Sun. Nov. 11, 6pm, Littleton, 6100 S. Divinney Way [venue filled into overflow rooms, about 1,000 attended!]
Today’s Resources: Get the Spike Psarris DVD What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy and Vol. II, Our Created Stars and Galaxies! Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out also Walt Brown’s In the Beginning! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip). And you can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins!
* BEL Telethon: We're at $22,000 of our $30,000 goal to help keep Bob Enyart Live and Real Science Radio on the radio for another year! Please click to help!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library