Renowned Scientist Baumgardner on RSR
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Geophysicist Dr. John Baumgardner on Old Earth Claims: Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews Dr. Baumgarner, a twenty year alumnus of the Los Alamos National Laboratory about coming to Denver next weekend for a young earth conference. Doctors Gary Parker, John Baumgardner, Don DeYoung and Russ Humphreys are bringing the ICR Age of the Earth conference titled Thousands... Not Billions (Sept. 15th at Colorado Community Church). Dr. Baumgardner gave examples of the powerful scientific evidence showing that the earth is young!
* UPDATE: Answering one of Baumgardner's (many) objections to the HTP: See rsr.org/list-of-answers-to-hydroplate-objections for a reply to one of Baumgardner's objections to Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory.
* Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship: On the night before the conference, you can see another of the featured scientists, Dr. Gary Parker, at the RMCF regular monthly meeting! Bob is going to both the RMCF meeting and to the ICR conference with his son Zachary. If you go, please look for Bob to say hello! Please find conference fees and information at this ICR conference page.
* Million-year-old Manganese Beer Cans: Do manganese nodules require millions of years to form? No. Geophysicist Dr. Baumgardner explained how these nodules form rapidly. Bob added that, at the Enyart household, we watched a documentary on mining the oceans in which a marine geologist stated that manganese nodules, millions of which liter the ocean floor, take five to fifteen million years to form to grapefruit size. I paused the video, and said to my kids something like: "That's not true! The Bible teaches that the earth is young, so we know that they must form quickly. And besides, if it took millions of years, then very few would be visible; they'd be buried by deposits." The first two entries (that's all I checked) of a Google search on the three words, manganese nodules formation, yielded the same claims: The Wikipedia entry stated, "Nodule growth is one of the slowest of all geological phenomena - in the order of a centimeter over several million years." And a Texas A&M Marine Sciences technical slide presentation stated, "They grow very slowly (mm/million years) and can be tens of millions of years old." Thankfully, we continued to watch the video and heard another geologist state that some manganese nodules "were actually [formed] around beer cans, which obviously are not millions of years old." My kids are not old enough to drink beer, but they are old enough to be suspicious of the evolutionary bias that produces knee-jerk claims of old age. more...
* See Also: YoungEarth.com!
Today's Resource: Second Telethon SPECIAL: In addition to our Plot Audio Set Telethon Special, now we introduce our Telethon Download Special! Our KGOV Store now features forty different downloadable resources, from Bob's Plot manuscript, to his First Five Days novel, to many of our popular Bible Study Albums! Order any of these downloadable resources and have the purchase price applied toward our KGOV Telethon goal to help BEL stay on the Internet for another year! And remember, BEL offers a 30-day money back guarantee on our resources! What a great way to help ensure that BEL keeps pressing on for another year!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CD
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon DVD
Monthly Sermon Blu-ray New!
Monthly Bible Study MP3-CD
Monthly Bible Study DVD
Monthly Bible Study Blu-ray New!
Monthly Topical Video
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Shop BEL Departments
BEL Topical Videos
BEL Topical Video Dowloads
Bible Study Audios
Bible Study Audio Downloads
Bible Study Videos
Bible Study Video Downloads
Sermon Audio Downloads
Sermon Video Downloads
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library
RSR's List Shows
RSR's List of Not So Old Things
List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
List of Big Bang Predictions
List of the Fine Tuning of the Cosmos
List of Scholars Doubting Darwin
List of Creation Science Predictions
List of Shocked Evolutionists
List of Solar System Formation Problems
List of Papers that Shock Potheads
List of Carbon 14 Everywhere it Shouldn't Be
List of Dinosaur Soft Tissue Journal Papers
List of Answers to Hydroplate Objections
List of Missing Transitional Fossils
List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
List of Fresh Fossils
List of Whale Evolution Problems
RSR: Lawrence Krauss with a Young Earther
RSR: List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
RSR: Carbon 14 Everywhere It Shouldn't Be
Stephen Meyer & Darwin's Doubt on RSR
RSR's List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
RSR's Enyart vs. Eugenie Scott on Junk DNA
RSR's 2014 List of Not So Old Things
RSR: Jonathan Sarfati on Richard Dawkins
Real Science Radio: Origin of Language
RSR: Steve Austin on Mt. St Helens in Studio
Enyart Debates Hannam on Theistic Evolution
RSR: Planets and Spike Psarris vs. Phil Plait