* CRISPR Gene Editing Tested in a Human Being: Bob Enyart begins today's program airing a 3-minute tutorial to help folks understand CRISPR and then updates the audience on the latest development, the injection of a Chinese cancer patient with human cells containing CRISPR-edited genes. Bob also briefly talks about the amount of ice building up daily on Greenland and the Enyart family's healthcare application nightmare.
* To Understand Targeted Antibody Cancer Treatment: Check out our important 2016 Real Science Radio health programs:
- RSR Explains Extraordinary Cancer Antibody Treatment
- RSR Welcomes Back Molecular Biologist Kevin Anderson to talk about targeted antibodiy cancer treatment
- and a health program unrelated to antibodies, but important nonetheless, MRI Inventor Damadian's MS Breakthrough
- and our previous CRISP program with Jo Scott, CRISPR Gene Editing Life Saver and Ghoulish Threat.
* With CRISPR the Future Has Changed: This astounding technology is both a wonderful tool and a cheap way to unleash unspeakable horror. CRISPR is named for part of a bacteria's defense system identified in 2007 [Correction: on air, Bob gave the wrong year of discovery.] that in 2013 was turned it into a tool for genetic engineering. Here at BEL and Real Science Radio, we've chatted with the inventor of the Gene Gun, Cornell geneticist Dr. John Sanford who is a young-earth creationist and we've interviewed experts and molecular biologists on such technology, and we've reported on the extraordinary results curing Leukemia in patients with advanced stage cancer. So CRISPR is a technology that we will be following. Already, researchers have used CRISPR to reverse mutations that cause blindness; they’ve stopped cancer cells from multiplying; they've helped patients suffering from lung cancer, and they’ve made cells impervious to the AIDS virus, HIV. And of course there are the genetic disorders that scientists will use CRISPR to fight, including Cystic Fibrosis, Down Syndrome, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Sickle-cell disease, and Tay-Sachs. But then there are the CRISPR horrors, making it easier to create human/animal hybrids and designer babies, and it is increasing the demand for living human embryos from fertility clinics to experiment on, and for harvested baby parts from abortion mills. And then there's the possible unintended disasters from genetic engineering gone awry of insects, bacteria, etc. And even the ill-intentioned applications of using CRISPR to create bioweapons including ethnically-targeted weapons such as those that terror groups like ISIS could use to target their ethnic enemies.
* Trials and Success Stories: In 2016, we're living in the beginning days of cancer antibody treatments and as with all medicines, patients are likely to respond with great variability. The following results and ongoing trials though are greatly encouraging:
- Targeted antibody treatment for Leukemia get extraordinary results for 94% of advanced Leukemia patients
- Powerful antibody naturally targets 98% of HIV strains
- Targeted antibody trial for 945 advanced stage melanoma patients, 6 in 10 stopped advance or even shrank tumors
- Targeted antibody treatment virtually cures hospice patient with advanced lung cancer His oncologist gave this 50-year-old man (in hospice, right) two weeks to live (whatever that means). But Instead, two weeks after being treated with a targeted antibody treatment drug called Nivolumab (aka Opdivo), he had recovered and returned home, even though previously, his lung cancer already had spread to his vocal cords and lymph nodes.
- Antibody treatments already FDA approved: Nivolumab (aka Opdivo), has received approval from the U.S. FDA for various lung, melanoma, head and neck cancers and for renal cell carcinoma and Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- Ongoing antibody Nivolumab trials: Trials for this particular targeted antibody drug include those for various breast and lung cancers including mesothelioma, Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin lymphomas, liver, kidney, esophageal, peritoneal, pancreatic, ovarian, fallopian tube, testicular, colon, urinary tract, prostate, meningioma, stage IV melanoma, and blood cancers including Leukemia, and brain cancers including Glioblastoma, and for juveniles with sarcomas and patients with various tumors including those that are advanced, virus-related, ccRCC and metastatic solid and even rare tumors. Click the trials and approval links above to find the current status of these efforts.
- more links coming...
* Bloomberg Tutorial on CRISPR: Viewer beware. This otherwise educational tuturial not surprisingly includes mention of tiny children as though they were nothing more than products to be harvested.
Today's Resource: Jurassic: Dinosaurs are Young. All of Them, with Trey Smith and Bob Enyart. As YouTube sensation Trey describes our dinosaur soft tissue video:
You will NEVER see Dinosaurs the same. A journey into the genetics of dinosaurs & absolute proof that dinosaurs are YOUNG and lived side-by-side with man.
Documentary by Trey Smith | Bob Enyart
Video includes interviews with:
Mark Armitage (Fired from Cal State for releasing dino genetic data proving dinos are young)
Dr Aaron Judkins (Man vs. Archaeology and Finding Noah)
Dr Walt Brown (HydroPlate Theory)
Dr David Menton (Anatomist from Answers in Genesis)
Belinda LaCoste (Owns 85,000 acre Colorado Dinosaur Rich Ranch)
Jack Horner — Jurassic Park Technical Advisor, a man who 30 yrs ago started the evolution add-on theory that dinosaurs turned into birds <—- which is disproven in this video.
Richard Dawkins close friend and media buddy — the Hard-Core Atheist Lawrence Krauss ..... Who gets slapped around badly, badly, badly with his own science by Bob Enyart in a debate. That alone is worth the watch is worth the watch!