* Christianity Today Denies that God Made Adam from the Dust of the Earth: Real Science Radio hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart rebut the cover story, The Search for the Historical Adam, revealing the science and Scripture that Christianity Today choose not to include. CT omitted the many discoveries published by evolutionists in refereed scientific journals that support the Genesis account of the special creation of Adam and Eve in the recent past. Rather than their "Search for" title, Christianity Today would have been more forthright to run their cover story as, "We Deny the Existence of Adam." The magazine, founded by Billy Graham, also failed to warn readers that the liberal churches that affirm abortion and homosexuality, and that even deny the resurrection of Jesus Christ, all began their moral and spiritual downward slide by denying the historicity of the foundational book of Genesis. Christianity Today is following in their footsteps with their claim that God put a human soul into animals that had evolved from ape-like creatures.
* Christianity Today's Missing Science: Excerpted from RSR's List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit, Bob and Fred present discoveries that Christianity Today happened to leave out of their article including:
- a 6,000-year old Mitochondrial Eve calculated using exclusively human genetic data
- a Y-chromosomal Adam is the recent man whom every man alive descended from
- Haldane's Dilemma on the far-too-slow rate at which tens of millions of hominid mutations can propagate species-wide
- the enormous dissimilarity of chimps and humans
- now sponges genes are 70% the same as human genes
- and the newly-compared and 30% "horrendously" different chimp Y-chromosome
Actual measured mutation rates, in fact, as reported by Ann Gibbons in Science magazine indicate that, if these rates have been constant, "mitochondrial Eve… would be a mere 6000 years old." See the latest in the scientific observations on the genetic information about Adam and Eve in Bob's article, Why Was Canaan Cursed?
* Christianity Today's Missing Scripture: As for the Scriptural implications of Christianity Today's old-earth allegation and denial of Adam's existence, Bob and Fred point out that Moses, Paul, and Jesus all referred to Adam as a literal person (which CT now denies) and the creation account is presented as historical, with Jesus reminding people that "from the beginning of the creation [not after billions of years], God made them male and female," (Mark 10:6). Today Real Science Radio explains something that CT left out of their article. Those who reject a young earth, also:
- reject the biblical teaching of no death before Adam
- reject the six literal days of creation
- reject that no thorns existed before the Fall
- reject the global flood
- reject the Tower of Babel
- reject that the Earth was divided in the days of Peleg
- reject that there would have been painless childbirth
- reject that God made man from the dust of the ground
- reject the "order" of the days of creation (stars before Day 4; birds after land animals of Day 6; ), and
- by those who also claiming that "Adam" may have been an incorporation of thousands of individuals even undermine the New Testament genealogy of Jesus Christ.
ADDITIONALLY: Although more difficult to establish, old-earth professors at Christian colleges also reject many other biblical teachings, including the following list. 2014 Update: A Denver Bible Church college student (let's call him Josh) just graduated from a well-respected Christian college said that his "conservative" alma mater, like most religious colleges and like Christianity Today, believes in an old earth. Josh said that regarding the typical Christian college professor of Old Testament or science, because they reject the young earth teaching of Genesis, there are many historical events reported in the Bible that they never affirm in their publications nor in their classrooms. For example, typical old-earth Christian college professors also:
- reject the Exodus (rsr.org/exodus#chris-heard)
- reject the fall of Jericho (even against powerful archaeological confirmation as at rsr.org/jericho)
- reject the historicity even of Joshua's battles
- reject the ancestry of Abraham through Shem and Noah, to Adam
- reject the book of Jonah, and
- reject many other events that the Bible presents not as parables or symbols but as actual history. And as the foundation goes, so goes the temple of the house of God, and eventually "Christian" graduates and future ministers begin to see even the resurrection of Christ as a metaphor.
* New Testament References to Adam: By the inspiration of the Holy Spirit three New Testament authors mention the first man, Adam, eight times, in Luke 3:38; Romans 5:12, 14; 1 Corinthians 15:22, 45, 1 Timothy 2:13, 13, and Jude 1:14 and Eve twice, in 2 Corinthians 11:3 and 1 Timothy 2:13. Also, twice, the New Testament teaches us that mankind inherited sin through the rebellion of the first man (Rom. 5:12-19, 1 Cor. 15:21-22), and twice it records Jesus remembering that He created Adam and Eve "at the beginning", when God "made them male and female" (Matthew 19:4), "from the beginning of the creation" (Mark 10:6).
* New Testament Flood References: Consider also that the New Testament presents Noah's Flood as an historical event. The Apostle Peter recalled that the Lord was patient, "when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water" (1 Peter 3:20) and in his second epistle, remembering that God "did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly" (2 Peter 2:5), he warns that scoffers will claim that "all things continue as they were [i.e., Lyell & Darwin's uniformitarianism] from the beginning of creation. For this they willfully forget... the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water" (2 Peter 3:4-6). The Epistle to the Hebrews reminds us that, "Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household," (Hebrews 11:7). Jesus Himself described the world "before the flood," with the majority ignoring God, "until the day that Noah entered the ark, and... the flood came and took them all away," (Mat. 24:38-39). For, as recorded by the New Testament's great historian, Jesus' warning included that after, "Noah entered the ark... the flood came and destroyed them all" (Luke 17:27).
* New Testament References to Genesis: As pointed out by Henry Morris in The Remarkable Birth of Planet Earth, every New Testament author refers to at least one of the first eleven chapters and Jesus Christ Himself referred to each of the first seven chapters of the book of Genesis.
* Consider Also from Old-Earth Christian Apologist John Lennox:
Today’s Resource: You'll just love the science DVDs, books, and written, audio and video debates offered by Real Science Radio! So have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out Bob most highly-recommended astronomy DVD, What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy! And see Walt Brown’s great hardcover book, In the Beginning! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with the infamous anti-creationist Dr. Eugenie Scott. And if you have young kids or grand kids, you owe it to them and to yourself to give them as a gift the SUPERB kids' radio programming on audio CD, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI's great Creation magazine and if you're up to reading more technical scientific articles, you'll also want to subscribe to CRSQ! And to order any of our BEL science products by phone, just call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278).