* University of Bologna Blue Star Rescue Device: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams enjoy reporting creation news, this time from the current issue of Creation magazine! The University of Bologna astronomers are trying to figure out why so many billion-year-old star clusters are loaded with so many short-lived blue stars that just aren't expected to be where they are! The guys also discuss the latest analysis of moon rocks, as reported in the journal Nature Geoscience, which shows that the currently popular lunar formation theory just doesn't hold water. Also, plants can perform sophisticated math functions (really)!
* 1st: Nature's 200 Generations! Now, It's the Dutch! As RSR reported earlier this year, the journal Nature explained that the vast majority of human genetic diversity can be explained, not in a million years, but in just 200 generations! Now, it turns out that you don't need to go back to alleged paleolithic ages to explain the uniqueness of the genome of the Dutch. Instead, as published in the journal Investigative Genetics, just 70 generations explains the overall genome-wide diversity of the people in the Netherlands! The leader of the study, Erasmus University' Prof. Manfred Kayser in Rotterdam, summarized their findings, "Because of the overwhelming geological and archaeological records for strong genetic discontinuities we explain our findings by recent rather than ancient events in Dutch population history. Our results not only are of epidemiological and forensic relevance but additionally highlight that future population history studies need to take into account recent demography before assuming all genetic variation observed is due to ancient events." Update: Also in 2013, Max Planck Institute researchers found similar results for Australian Aborigines. By their evolutionary bias, anthropologists have long claimed the first Homo sapiens who settled Australia tens of thousands of years ago. However, genetic and linguistic research conducted by the Max Planck Institute show a similarly dated origin of Aborigines, Sri Lankans and people from southern India, only about 4,000 to 5,000 years ago!
* Land Bridges: See the image on the right to get a gut feel for how much of the Earth's volume is water. If God took all the water on the Earth and put it into a sphere sitting atop RSR's home state of Colorado, that's about what it would look like from space. On the same image, notice also the continental shelves around the continent. During the program, Fred mentions the land bridges that existed after the global flood that connect the continents... until that is, the days of Peleg!
* RSR Flashback: From Creation magazine's interview of Dr. Carl Werner: "Paleontologists have found 432 mammal species in the dinosaur layers; almost as many as the number of dinosaur species. … But where are these fossils? We visited 60 museums but did not see a single complete mammal skeleton from the dinosaur layers displayed at any of these museums. This is amazing."
* Dr. Werner Compliments the RSR Dino Soft Tissue Page: Carl Werner complimented our DinosaurSoftTissue.com urging us to continue pressing the issue. We agree! With God's help, we'll continue to reach thousands of people with the web's most complete catalog of peer-reviewed journal papers confirming the existence of original biological tissue from dinosaurs!
Today’s Resource: Get the fabulous Carl Werner DVD Living Fossils and his great prequel, Evolution: The Grand Experiment! And have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Dr. Walt Brown’s life's work in his stunning book, In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood!