* If You Haven't Signed the Colorado Personhood Petition: Virtually everyone at the RMCF meeting signed Colorado's Brady Amendment personhood petition! Why are creationists are pro-life? Because they know that we haven't evolved from animals, but we're made in God's image! If you haven't yet signed please call Colorado RTL at 303-753-9394 to get a petition mailed to you. And if you're out of state, PLEASE call CRTL or go to their ColoradoRTL.org site and click on donate to give for the petition drive! Thanks.-Bob Enyart
RSR: Microbiologist Anderson on Epigenetics and More
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* CRS Ph.D. in Microbiology Kevin Anderson in Studio: Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart interviews Creation Research Society board member and microbiologist Dr. Kevin Anderson about the astounding developments in genetic research, creation science, and the amazing new field of epigenetics. (Question: In the city metaphor for a living cell, if the downtown area is the nucleus, and the central library is the DNA molecule, what would you call the train schedule printed on the wall at the station?)
* Epigenetics: Our DNA, for all it's wonder, complexity, and sophistication, tells only part of the story. Watch the two-minute video embedded here which just begins to give examples of additional layers of information that control how our genes are used. Then consider Dr. Anderson's challenge by which he defies any evolutionist to even attempt to give a rational explanation for the origin of the epigenetic mechanisms by any Darwinian means.
* Our Dinosaur Soft Tissue Page Update: We've just updated our database adding a report on soft tissue in allegedly 50-million year old lizard skin! Last week CRS microscopy expert Mark Armitage complimented our realscienceradio.com/dinosaur-soft-tissue listing as the web's most complete catalog of peer-reviewed journal papers confirming the existence of original biological tissue from dinosaurs! Also, in the near future, RSR will upload photos we took of Mark's Triceratops bone and also we'll upload photos that Mark took, but with an electron microscope, of the same fragment!
* DNA is a Multidirectional Story: Information is coded in our genome in different directions so that to get the instructions necessary to build proteins and for other functions, our DNA must be read in many different ways including forward and backward. Imagine someone tells you about the most amazing short story you will ever read, and then hands you a normal-looking sheet of paper with print on only one side. The story about a school play immediately grabs your attention. As you continue reading down the page, it becomes fascinating. But you've come to the last word on the last line and you realize the story is nowhere near its end. Your friend sees your puzzled look and says, "Keep reading." You turn the page over, but the other side is blank. "There's nothing else to read." And he says, "Just continue reading. But backwards. You know, not left to right, but right to left." You look at the last five words. They form the headline of an article reviewing a play about fig leaves and Adam and Eve's first week. It reads: PUPILS BRAG ON "SEVEN EVES." Hmm. You look at the letters in reverse order, and realize that by reading backwards, the headline changed. So you continue reading backwards from right to left as you work your way back up, line by line, to the first line at the top of the page. Then you look up for help because the story is not done but your friend just looks back at you, as though you should be able to figure out how to read the rest of the story. You look again at the very first word, and then the first word of the second line, and suddenly you realize that the first letter of each of the first five lines spell out the word, "sword." And as you pick out the first letter in order as you scan down the lines of the page, you begin reading not left to right, nor right to left, but downward, top to bottom, down the first column of letters. And the story continues. And when you get to the bottom of the page, then you read down the second column, formed by the second letter of each line, and so on, top to bottom, top to bottom. Then for the second time, you've come to the bottom right corner of the page, and again, though the story is almost at its climax, it's still not finished. But you've run out of letters. Except that now, you're convinced of the supreme brilliance of the author, and so without hesitating you reverse course, and start reading upward, bottom to top, bottom to top, up the last column, then the penultimate column, and so on, until you finish the story which ends in all its glory in the top left corner of the page at the first letter of the first word of the first line. And this multidirectional story gives us a glimpse of how we are formed, fearfully and wonderfully made in secret in our mother's womb, beginning at that moment of conception, even before the first day passes, when our substance (DNA) has yet to knit together our body, which itself is made in God's image.
Today’s Resource: Get the greatest cell biology video ever made! Getting this on DVD:
- helps you to share it with others
- helps keep Real Science Radio on the air, and
- gets you Dr. Don Johnson's book as a bonus!
Information is encoded in every cell in our DNA and in all living things. Learn how the common world view of life's origin, chemical evolution, conflicts with our knowledge of Information Science. Finally, information Science is changing the way millions of people think about all living systems!
Also, have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? You just might LOVE IT! We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all purchases.
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library