* If You Haven't Signed the Colorado Personhood Petition: Virtually everyone at the RMCF meeting signed Colorado's Brady Amendment personhood petition! Why are creationists are pro-life? Because they know that we haven't evolved from animals, but we're made in God's image! If you haven't yet signed please call Colorado RTL at 303-753-9394 to get a petition mailed to you. And if you're out of state, PLEASE call CRTL or go to their ColoradoRTL.org site and click on donate to give for the petition drive! Thanks.-Bob Enyart
RSR: Irene & Virginia: Hurricanes and Earthquakes
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Why Earthquake Shock Waves Travel Farther in the East: Real Science Friday co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart discuss Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory as a direct explanation for why shock waves travel farther on the East Coast than on the West Coast. And also, from Science Daily, how the missing crust in the Atlantic Ocean helps to explain why rock on the eastern US (and South America) is so different from the relatively crushed rock on the west coast. See also Walt Brown's brief list of 15 Reasons Why Plates Have Not Subducted!
* God is Not in the Hurricane Winds: Called typhoons west of the International Dateline, hurricanes are not acts of God. No wonder so many people have a hard time understanding the love of God and His offer of salvation through Jesus Christ. They hear people describing hurricanes or some other disaster as an act of God and that easily becomes a stumbling stone, like putting an obstacle in front of a blind man. God made this world as a paradise for us, and gave human beings dominion over the Earth, and when mankind sinned, that caused a curse to envelope the cosmos, so that the perfect harmony of the world was broken, and the earth's forces are no longer in balanced perfection. As the discouraged prophet Elijah learned, "a great and strong wind tore into the mountains... but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice," (1 Kings 19). And that voice of God told Elijah that he was not alone!
* Mile High Red Cross Drops Radio Ad: In the 1990s, the Red Cross was running a radio ad that asked, "How do you follow an act of God? By an act of man! Give to the red cross." Bob recounts talking to an official at the Colorado chapter and being surprised to hear that she understood the concern, that the ad implies that God does bad things, and people need to fix the mess that He creates. Bob was thankful that this official agreed to get that ad off the air!
* "Hypercanes" with 400 MPH Winds Possible After Global Flood: Super-powerful hurricanes, theoretically possible after the global flood, may be responsible for enormous storm surge deposits such as the Gosport Sand Member covering much of southwest Alabama.
Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in our online store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio program Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library