* If You Haven't Signed the Colorado Personhood Petition: Virtually everyone at the RMCF meeting signed Colorado's Brady Amendment personhood petition! Why are all biblical creationists pro-life? Because we know that we haven't evolved from animals, but we're made in God's image! If you haven't yet signed please call Colorado RTL at 303-753-9394 to get a petition mailed to you. And if you're out of state, PLEASE call CRTL or go to their ColoradoRTL.org site and click on donate to give for the petition drive! Thanks.-Bob Enyart
RSR: Blue Whales Talk Across 2,000 Miles!
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* But What If Jonah's Not In Heaven? "Then you can ask him," the young girl said to her teacher. Real Science Friday co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart discuss Ken Ham's current Answers magazine articles on:
- the size and abilities of the blue whale
- the latest find of soft tissue in allegedly million-year-old fossils.
Also, two stories in the news are discussed...
* Four-time Texas Multi-million Dollar Lottery Winner: Joan Ginther of Texas won $5M, $2M, $3M, and then $10 million dollars in a Texas scratch lottery game. Her recently publicized PhD in statistics from Stanford University has led many to conclude that she is not "lucky" but has figured out a way to give herself a winning edge. Bob and Fred talk about probabilities and how powerfully mathematics can inform you on whether something has actually happened by chance, or by some other method. For example, the appearance of a single protein, let alone a reproducing, living cell. Correction: Contrary to what Bob said on air, the same person winning a multi-million dollar pay off four times over would happen not once every septillion years, but once every quadrillion years!
* Albert Einstein's Laboratory: As discussed on a recent program, James Nickel, in his best-selling Mathematics: Is God Silent?, shows how mathematicians (and theoretical physicists for that matter) turn away from the physical universe and yet make astounding discoveries that help to explain the world of matter and energy. A common atheistic cliché refutes itself: "You can only know what your five senses tell you." In reality, mathematicians use only their minds, and their discoveries come decades or even centuries before their real-world counterparts find affirmation through observational science. Time Magazine's Albert Einstein: The Enduring Legacy says that today's "high precision instruments such as atomic clocks and lasers... have shown that he was absolutely on target with the equations he worked out with nothing more than a pencil." Yet to Einstein, the non-physical realm of "ideas" shouldn't even exist and that non-physical mathematics could describe so beautifully the physical universe was incomprehensible. Again, these phenomena are answered only by that which Einstein denied: that the universe was designed in the mind of God, so its workings can be discovered by the mind of men who are made in God's image. So in accurate science, as Johann Kepler is paraphrased, we are thinking God's thoughts after Him. Exploring astounding and unexpected symmetries with Einstein, mathematicians often describe their work as an aesthetic pursuit of beauty. So picking up pencils and ignoring their five senses, the mathematicians who turn away from the physical world to the non-material world of ideas, seeking pleasure from pure intellectual elegance, often end up being the ones who come closest to describing the physical nature of the cosmos. Atheists and agnostics like Albert Einstein struggle with the design in nature and its comprehensibility because these suggest that the universe originated with the desire for beauty in the mind of a personal Creator.
Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in our online store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio program Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library