Anyone "tormented by the guilt of murder will be a fugitive till death; let no one support him." Or her. Proverbs 28:17
* Not Convicting Murderer Casey Anthony Does NOT Show that the System Works. On today's show, Bob...
1st: announces the upcoming debate with another Denver talk show host, Chris Peltz, on What Does the Bible Say About Wine? on Wed. July 13th right here on BEL on KGOV.com.
2nd: promos tomorrow's BEL interview and then the appearance by James Nickel, author of Mathematics: Is God Silent? at the Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship at 7 p.m. on Friday July 8th, 2011 at the Bethlehem Lutheran Chapel in Denver at 21st and Wadsworth.
3rd: Bob discusses Phil Elmore's great WorldNetDaily column condemning Casey Anthony and her jury's verdict. Bob's comment at WND that he posted beneath the article, Casey Anthony: Soulless Murderer, states:
Phil Elmore wrote a great article about the Casey Anthony verdict but the tension between these consecutive sentences should have alerted him to an error: "I believe in the right of every human being to be judged by a jury of his peers. Yet I cannot escape the conclusion that juries are stupid."
Justice by committee (the jury system) is just another bad liberal (left-wing) idea. The most important responsibility of government, the meting out of justice, is delegated to a virtually anonymous group of people who have no accountability, a group which disbands immediately and cannot be legally held responsible even for gross negligence or for the future murders committed by obvious murderers that they acquit. Phil, you're invited as a guest on BEL anytime!
Post-show Note: Juror Sick to Stomach: ABC News reports, "I did not say she was innocent," said Juror #3 Jennifer Ford. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be." This quote demonstrates the blatant confusion created by the jury system. The media and talk radio has reported many people repeating this same falsehood, that if the cause of death is uncertain, that somehow argues for acquittal. If this were true, murderers could simply cremate their victims and avoid conviction and even being put on trial.
Flashback #2: Now that O.J. got burned: Now that Simpson is imprisoned, remember that the Bob Enyart Live audience helped burn O.J.'s sports memorabilia ten years ago after purchasing his Hall of Fame Award and most famous jerseys at auction. The online home of BEL, KGOV.com, was launched with the media coverage for burning (with an eager OKAY from the county's fire marshal and chief justice) O.J.'s memorabilia on the steps of the L.A. courthouse the next day at high noon. One of our quotes from that press conference still widely circulates today as at The Quote Garden with quotes about justice from:
- Earl Warren, Learned Hand, Fredrick Bastiat, Aristotle, Justinian I, J. Edgar Hoover
- Robert Frost "A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer"
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. "This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice"
- J. Edgar Hoover "Justice is incidental to law and order"
- Lenny Bruce "In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls"
- African Proverb "Corn can't expect justice from a court composed of chickens"
- Welsh Proverb "The houses of lawyers are roofed with the skins of litigants"
- Ambrose Bierce "Lawsuit: A machine which you go into as a pig and come out of as a sausage"
- Bob Enyart "It's no longer a justice system, now it's just a system"
- H.L. Mencken, Edmund Burke,Henry David Thoreau, Mae West, Bertrand Russell, Marcus Aurelius
- Charles Evans Hughes "The United States is the greatest law factory the world has ever known"
- Tacitus "the more corrupt the republic, the more numerous the laws"
- Law-tzu "The greater the number of laws... the more thieves and robbers there will be"
- Frank Zappa "The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced"
- Lord Halifax "If the laws could speak for themselves, they would complain of the lawyers in the first place"
- William Shakespeare "The jury, passing on the prisoner's life, may in the sworn twelve have a thief or two guiltier than him they try"
- Will Rogers "We don't give our criminals much punishment, but we sure give 'em plenty of publicity"
- Jonathan Swift "Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through"
- Edmund Burke "It is not what a lawyer tells me I may do; but what humanity, reason, and justice tell me I ought to do"
- The ACLU's evolutionist Clarence Darrow "There is no such thing as justice"
And in a somewhat related story, Court TV interviews Bob Enyart regarding Scott Peterson's death sentence.
Flashback #3: Bill Clinton Raped Juanita Broaddrick: As also documented at ShadowGov.com, Bill Clinton's rape of Juanita Broaddrick was an event that "in fact took place" wrote the Wall Street Journal. Hear also Bob Enyart's worldwide exclusive interview with Juanita Broaddrick and Bob's interview with nurse Norma Rogers, her friend who found Broaddrick wounded and in tears shortly after the assault.
Today's Resource: Have you seen the Government Department at our KGOV Store? We are featuring Bruce Shortt's vitally-important book, The Harsh Truth about Public Schools. And also, check out the classic God's Criminal Justice System seminar, God and the Death Penalty, Live from Las Vegas, and Bob on Drugs DVDs, and our powerhouse Focus on the Strategy resources!