* Why Don't All People Know the Same? Not all people know up from down, but plant cells do. Real Science Radio co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart discuss plants, beetles, and sharks as described in Ken Ham's current Answers magazine!
* Plant Cells Make Statoliths that Sink: How does the root know which way is down, and the stem know which way is up? Plant cells make statoliths that are dense and heavy (lith is a Greek root, pun intended, for stone) and when the statoliths sink, like a stone, the plant knows which was is up and which way is down. Isn't God cool?
* Beetles Seek Out Forest Fires: The Melanophila beetle can sense a forest fire by detecting a few parts per billion of smoke particles and by it's infrared capability that exceeds the military's in sophistication! Bob describes using an infrared vision system in the Apache helicopter.
* Did You Know that Sharks are Warm-Blooded? If not, don't feel bad. Neither did they! Sharks can maintain their body temperatures up to 38 degrees Farenheit higher than the surrounding ocean temperature. And they do this using the same technology used in giraffes, camels, and birds.
Today’s Resource: You'll just love the science DVDs, books, and written, audio or video debates we offer through our Real Science Radio broadcasts! So have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out Bob most highly-recommended astronomy DVD, What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy! And see Walt Brown’s great hardcover book, In the Beginning!
* Special Editions of Real Science Friday:
- RSF's famous List of Not-So-Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Radio so we hit back with the PZ Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe: Science mag cover: Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio: Creation Research Society Quarterly editor on new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see the RSR Offer of $2,000 to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 paid in 1998; $1,500 in 2010...