Jurors Give Failing Grade to the "System"
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* It's No Longer a Justice System, Now It's Just a System: says Bob Enyart. During Jo Scott's trial today—she's the Colorado pro-life activist who's been charged with talking to a woman—the jury pool agreed with Bob's assessment. When a Denver prosecutor asked 21 potential jurors to grade the U.S. criminal justice system from 0 to 100, the highest grade given was a 70, and if an "F" is still anything 69% or lower, then this jury pool failed with whole system with a solid 59% "F." However, attorneys claim that America has the best system in the world, by which they mean that we have the highest paid lawyers in the world, because otherwise, they'd have to measure our system in terms of our sky-high incarceration and crime rates which results-oriented analysis would put us nearer to the worst system in the world.
* Muslim Protesters Killing People to Protest: what they view as an unfair assessment of the teachings of their Koran. This is reminiscent of the violent 2007 Muslim protests against Pope Benedict XVI who quoted an emperor from a thousand years ago who had claimed that Muslims tended to be violent. Bob has yet to read an editorial about the current murders which blames the actual murderers. And one wonders who liberals would blame if government-subsidized blasphemy against Christ provoked protesters who began killing people?
* BEL's Man on the Street in Manhattan: BEL reporter in New York City, Josh Craddock, asked the president of Focus on the Family, Jim Daly, a few very significant questions. Daly claims that Focus on the Family's defense of politicians who have exceptions (that is, they advocate killing hundreds of thousands of innocent children), and Focus' advocacy of child-killing regulations (like wait 24 hours before you kill a child), has no responsibility for the tragic fact that the judges in the federal judiciary appointed by Republican pro-life presidents are overwhelmingly pro-abortion, and that not a single Justice on the Supreme Court has ever argued that the unborn child has a right to life. Josh also reminded Jim Daly that Dr. Dobson had admitted that "Ending partial-birth abortion has not saved a single human life." And Bob and Josh talked about how the Southern Baptist Convention's Richard Land, along with many other national ministries, have become utilitarian in their outlook, effectively turning them into secular humanists who operate based on situational ethics and moral relativism. Mr. Daly told Josh that he has never seen the award-winning documentary Focus on the Strategy 2 and so Josh is mailing that American Right To Life DVD to Jim Daly. (And because Mr. Daly is so busy, chances are minimal that he'll ever make the time to watch this groundbreaking DVD, so Bob recommends that you multiply Josh's effort by getting a three copies of Focus 2 for only $19.99 and then mailing one yourself to Jim Daly at 8605 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920.)
* Tom from Centennial Asks About Sovereignty: Bob talks with Tom about the claim that God's chief attribute is sovereignty and Bob points out the mistake of defining God in terms of the creation, since God's glory existed from before the foundation of the world (John 17:5). So claiming that God is dependent upon His relationship to the creation for His chief attribute makes God dependent upon us, as part of the creation, for who He is. But that is backward reasoning, and God's eternal attributes existed in their great glory before the foundation of the Earth. Thus Bob and Tom are not surprised that the New King James Version's very literal Bible translation uses the word sovereignty only once, and that's in regard to King Saul's reign over Israel. Bob recommends that Bible students become experts in the biblical attributes of our eternal God, regarding His qualitative attributes, that He is Living, Personal, Relational, Good, and Loving, and to see them in their rightful scriptural precedence over His quantitative attributes of the OMNIs and IMs, regarding how much, or how little, of some attribute or another that God possesses. For example, the biblical truth that might does not make right relates to the question of how much power God has; how much power He has delegated; how much He retains; and of His creation of beings whom He refers to as Powers, Principalities, and Authorities; but rather, righteousness (goodness) is the foundation of God's throne (that is, of His power and authority), thus, it is not God's power that gives Him authority, but God's goodness is the foundation of His throne. So the interested Bible student can read for free online Bob's 10-round debate (with a professor from D. James Kennedy's ministry), Is the Future Settled or Open? (or purchase a printed edition), and you can watch Bob's Predestination and Free Will Seminar DVDs (or listen to the audio downloaded immediately or mailed on an MP3 CD) or you can watch the BEL Open Theism Seminar on DVD!
* In Honor of Jo Scott's Trial, We'll Repeat These Few Glossary Terms: Ambrose Bierce, critical of American governance, wrote definitions for legal terms such as:
Accomplice, n. One associated with another in a crime, having guilty knowledge and complicity, such as an attorney who defends a criminal, knowing him guilty. This view of the attorney's position in the matter has not hitherto commanded the assent of attorneys, no one having offered them a fee for assenting.
Appeal, v.t. In law, to put the dice in the box for another throw.
Lawful, adj. Compatible with the will of a judge having jurisdiction.
Lawyer, n. One skilled in circumvention of the law.
Litigation, n. A machine which you go into as a pig, and come out of as a sausage.
Precedent, n. In Law, a previous decision, rule or practice which, in the absence of a definite statute, has whatever force and authority a Judge may choose to give it, thereby greatly simplifying his task of doing as he pleases...
Rope, n. An obsolescent appliance for reminding assassins that they too are mortal. It is put about the neck and remains in place one's whole life long.
Tree, n. A tall vegetable intended by nature to serve as a penal apparatus, though through a miscarriage of justice most trees bear only a negligible fruit, or none at all. When naturally fruited, the tree is a beneficent agency of civilization and an important factor in public morals.
Trial, n. A formal inquiry designed to prove and put upon record the blameless characters of judges, advocates and jurors. In order to effect this purpose it is necessary to supply a contrast in the person of one who is called the defendant...
And For GOVERNMENT
Republic, n. A nation in which, the thing governing and the thing governed being the same, there is only a permitted authority to enforce an optional obedience. In a republic the foundation of public order is the ever lessening habit of submission inherited from ancestors who, being truly governed, submitted because they had to...
Representative, n. In national politics, a member of the Lower House in this world, and without discernible hope of promotion in the next.
See more great definitions...
Today’s Resource: Do you know the Bible as well as you would like to? Do you have compelling Bible Study materials that cause you to LOVE studying? If not, check this out! You can learn the Scriptures with our verse-by-verse and topical BEL Bible Study albums! You can get these MP3 CDs in the mail, or listen immediately by downloading Bob Enyart's studies! If you've never listened to Pastor Bob's seminar giving an overview of the whole Bible, you owe it to yourself to download and listen to The Plot study right now! Then follow up with The Tree, and you'll be on your way to a renewed love affair with God's Word!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CD
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon DVD
Monthly Sermon Blu-ray New!
Monthly Bible Study MP3-CD
Monthly Bible Study DVD
Monthly Bible Study Blu-ray New!
Monthly Topical Video
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Shop BEL Departments
BEL Topical Videos
BEL Topical Video Dowloads
Bible Study Audios
Bible Study Audio Downloads
Bible Study Videos
Bible Study Video Downloads
Sermon Audio Downloads
Sermon Video Downloads
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library